K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I personally don't believe in any sort of afterlife. However, one thing I have been thinking about is my digital ghost.

I have so many Tweets, Reddit posts, articles, Youtube videos and even poetry out there on the internet. And all of that will continue to exist for at least a while after I'm gone. Maybe not forever, it depends on how long these companies last and stuff. But maybe for a very long time.

I won't be walking around anymore. People won't actually be able to talk to me anymore. But they'll still be able to read my words, see conversations I've had, read my poetry and my opinions in my articles, and even hear my voice on Youtube videos. They can even hear me laugh on there after I'm gone.

Even these posts. People might come across them years from now and think about me. I know that with a user called Moonicide I found a thread from when she CTBd and I read it all. And I was really sad and even though I never knew her, I knew she was a good person and in an odd way I missed her. You know, maybe there'll be someone like that for me someday. Maybe some day someone will be reading this after I'm gone and think I was a pretty cool guy.

Probably far-fetched in my case. But still, part of me may die. The part of me that hurts all the time. But a small part of me will survive for at least a little while longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and real person
real person

real person

Experienced
Dec 11, 2023
im the opposite i hope people don't fuck around with my laptop and phone after ive ctb'd lol

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's not a bad thing to have a digital heritage. It may depend on why you want to leave this world and whether you want to be remember in the one or the other way. Even if someone remembers you, sees your content u once produced without knowing you, you are "alive" in this world.

I was never really active in all that social media stuff, but although I want to leave, I'd be happy if some people see that content, They can have their own thoughts and create their own "picture of me" in their minds.

We most likely will not take notice of that bc we are gone like so many others before us.

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
I don't have any social media and whether I'm found here would depend on whether the Police or coroner accessed my browsing history from my ISP. My devices will all be secured so no local access.

I have, infuriatingly, accidentally logged in a couple of times without my VPN but we're all here without VPN in the beginning although that could be from a public network!

Anyway, once we're dead we won't care a bit and we're all dead one day whether natural or CTB.