U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
Might be a silly question but hear me out.

I have my last dog boarding clients with me leaving on Monday. Wanting to keep those commitments was the only thing keeping me from ctb'ing, and I can't tell you how excited I am that I'm almost free.

My dad is in town for work and staying on my couch for the week. I'm thinking about ctb'ing by jumping, so it's not like he has to be out of the house (and he hasn't caught on to how bad I'm feeling despite me having given away all of my home decorations and half of my furniture and wearing long sleeves to hide my cuts, but that's another story). On the one hand, it'd be good to have him here, because he could take care of my dog until they figure out I'm gone and after I guess. On the other hand, I have some sort of gut feeling that this is ethically worse than doing it while he's 6 hours away (why? I don't know) and also it'd be harder for me to leave in the middle of the night.

WWYD?

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
If your dad cares about you, then it won't matter being 6 hours away or 6 mins away.

What were you going to do with your dog, before your dad arrived? Personally, I would find a suitable home for your dog first. But it's up to you.

Reactions: mrscat
U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
What were you going to do with your dog, before your dad arrived? Personally, I would find a suitable home for your dog first. But it's up to you.
I posted about this but it got lost in the server migration void lol. I want my dog to go to my parents. They took him in when I went to rehab and seem to love him a lot. I'm afraid it might be too hard on them emotionally though. I wish I could ask without raising concerns.

I was either going to leave him at home with a bunch of food (I have a suicide note that I plan to schedule send for like 2 days after I ctb so hopefully he would only be alone for a day or two, which he's basically been through when I was hospitalized so I know he can deal) or maybe pay for a week in a boarding facility and leave notes on how to get him behind. He has separation anxiety though so both are bad options.

• Aww..
Reactions: mrscat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that only you can decide that, it's your decision, only you know when the time is right. But anyway best of luck with your plans.

• Love
Reactions: uniqueusername987