UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
(For preface my mother IS a terrible parent. Neglectful, emotionally and physically abusive..just awful)

My dad has been steadily getting more and more fed up with my mom's "antics" and what set him off was my sister's school calling him about my sister being absent. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He's been extremely angry about that.

Yesterday I called him and we spoke for a while about my mom. He told me was coming over to see me. My father came and I knew he was going to argue with my mother about everything that's been going on. My mom knew too so when he came in she tried to leave.

My mom told my dad she didn't want to talk to him because she knew he was going to argue and she wasn't in the mood for it. She left and he instantly flew into a rage. He flung the door open and ran after her,down the stairs. I was hesitant to go after them but my dog and cats were frantic so I knew something was extremely wrong.

I panicked and ran down the stairs to see my father choking my mom in the staircase. I had to pry his hand from her neck and console my mother who was crying and gasping for air. It was so traumatic. He got even more upset and said "F*** all of y'all." (My sister included). Then left.

I can't help but feel like it's my fault because I DID call him and I have been telling him all the terrible things she does to my sister and I.

This isn't even the first time he has abused my mom. His father abused his mom so in return he did the same thing to my mother. I hate my mother a lot but I don't think she deserves to be assaulted.

I will never talk to my dad again. I just can't do it. It would go against my personal morals and he's a garbage human. A crime against a woman is a crime against me.

I can't stop thinking about it. It was so scary. I think if I didn't come down the stairs he was going to kill her. He didn't even stop choking her once he saw me either.

I knew he was angry at her but I didn't think he would abuse her. It's been so long without an incident...he just snapped.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, LittleBabyNothing, GenesAndEnvironment and 5 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I don't know what to say. This is awful and you and your sister shouldn't have to go through any of that. If you need anything, we're here for you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover, LittleBabyNothing, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
You are not to blame for his actions. It is natural to share your struggles with her, you can't anticipate how he will behave.
You do need to protect and look after yourself now. What you witnessed sounds awful, talk about it and get it out. We're here to listen anytime. Hugs and strength x

• Love
Reactions: UninformedLover
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
An adult would have left the house if they were angry. You father acted like a child. Once again, a male using their physical size and strength to overpower a female. I'm just so tired of this narrative.

@UninformedLover you did nothing wrong. Whatever quality of parent your mother is, she doesn't deserve to be assaulted. I hope she recovers, and doesn't have too much ptsd from what happened.

Edit, I see your mother is also physically abusive. If that's the case, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Sometimes that's the only thing abusers understand. I guess that's easy for me to say, as I have never been abused...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: UninformedLover