D

Dumpling

Aug 30, 2018
Hello.

I have been lurking since I was admitted to, and discharged from, a psych ward. It was awful.

I have settled on and purchased sn. I have metoclopramide and ranitidine, and some ambien for good measure.

What I don't have, is an ideal location.

Considerations:
  • Won't be found until the next day
  • Will be found within a few days
  • Won't raise suspicion and end up with emergency services at my door
  • Won't be found by friends or family
  • Minimal bother/distress to whomever does find me (this one is difficult...)
  • Close proximity to town (surely it would be expensive to be retrieved from interstate or a remote location?)
  • Feel relatively safe and at peace wherever I am i.e., with a view of the skyline or trees or something...
I like the idea of a cabin in a national park, but then that doesn't tick the proximity criterion. I don't know whether I could feel at peace in a hotel room. Perhaps a really nice one? That would be expensive, though, and I don't want to spend money on myself at this point. I would also feel terrible for the housekeeping staff. Maybe if I could find a room where I could leave a note to call the police before they can physically see me? And a hotel is probably better than an airbnb, right? In terms of minimising the bother caused?

Perhaps there is no ideal location. But given this is the last thing I do, I would like to get as close as possible.

Thoughts?

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Perhaps a really nice one? That would be expensive, though, and I don't want to spend money on myself at this point. I would also feel terrible for the housekeeping staff. Maybe if I could find a room where I could leave a note to call the police before they can physically see me? And a hotel is probably better than an airbnb, right?

During my last attempt, I checked in to a really nice Hilton. I figured that ctb deserved me going out in style. Dying in a cheap motel just didn't seem appropriate. I also had a really nice dinner. If I was to use partial suspension again, I'd probably do something similar.

Reactions: Chocoholic88, akosineenee and Dumpling
D

Dumpling

Aug 30, 2018
During my last attempt, I checked in to a really nice Hilton. I figured that ctb deserved me going out in style. Dying in a cheap motel just didn't seem appropriate. I also had a really nice dinner. If I was to use partial suspension again, I'd probably do something similar.

Were you self conscious when you checked in?

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Were you self conscious when you checked in?
I knew I was there to die. That was basically my only thought. When I was handed my room key, I said to myself, "it's now or never."

Reactions: Bex83 and akosineenee
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
Why does proximity matter?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
Potentially because my estate / family would have to pay to transport my remains? That's really the only reason, and I don't know much about it...
Then I'm afraid you will likely have to settle for a local wooded area and go in a tent, or a local hotel. You can get email info from the hotel if you're slick and ask the right questions. Then send a delayed email so staff don't come in. See my previous post on hotels if you're curious.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/considerations-when-ctbing-in-a-hotel.2451/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Dumpling