H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I feel the need to confess the reasoning of why I wish to depart from this abysmal planet; anyone in my daily life (my parents) would just discount what I have to say, and I would get a ticket to a "wonderful" institution for a few weeks.

First, I have a terrible propensity when it comes to coping with most trivial of things. If I learn I have a cavity, I fall into deep despair, or being in the public, I can stress to the point when I get home, I collapse onto my bed and dream, sleep, a place where I have no sense of suffering, bullshit, the repugnant, abhorrent parts of humanity; Driving is arduous and nerve wracking--close encounters of wrecks.

Second, My quality of life is non-existent. My bathroom emits the scent of piss, from clothes I've pissed in from not being able to get out the bed in time. Mountains of clothes and clutter is splayed throughout my room making it difficult to traverse. Constant praying to God to end my life and bible reading is routine. I contribute nothing to society; I mope around the house collecting a check--all while being shamed for doing so, but my life is somehow precious but not precious enough to be provided monetary support ( I don't know, I don't get it either.) I lay around around waiting for death to claim me, bring me into the domain of my creator. With my luck and health, it will be another few decades till I expire. Why does the medical community keep persisting in extending human life? The thirty-forty years our ancestors were allocated is good enough for me.

Third, I'm a burden on my parents for the reasons explained above. I'm twenty-seven but still rely on them for the most primitive of things. It isn't realistic for them to provide for me until death snatches them away. They should be able to enjoy life without being held down by a terminally ill daughter; a blunder like me isn't fair to them. My death will forever change their lives and will destroy any joy they feel. Hope still resonates in my heart that one day they'll be happy again, maybe forget Willow ever existed (It would be better for everyone.)

I know some here will disagree, and that's okay; this is my confession not yours. But I have a terminal illness, Severe depression and Schizophrenia. It has ruined my cognitive function, my energy, the ability to feel joy or care about how I look. I'm a burden to my parents, to society, and lets face it, everyone on SS. No one wants to hear my bullshit, but where else can I confess without pro-lifers throwing handcuffs on me and sending me to the happy farm.
And I'm tired, too tired for forty more years for God to take me far away from here.

I had dreams. Lots. To be a well known writer. To adopt and save a lot of children from the horrors of foster care. To change the way people see the world. It all doesn't matter--I'm too spent to care anymore.

Plans for one more trip to Nevada are being made. Marijuana is legal there and will helps me in those last thirty days of pain. I'll have a joint and a prayer before I swallow SN.
This is my confession, this is my truth, this is my vulnerability.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kcountdown, Deleted member 23374, GoneGoneGone and 22 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
You don't deserve to be shamed for collecting disability checks, really most work doesn't contribute anything very good to society either, everyone deserves to have what they need for subsistence anyway. Sorry this is all happening, glad you feel able to talk with people about it here. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Disco Biscuit, Disappointered, Ghost2211 and 5 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
You shouldn't feel bad for getting disability. It's for people who are too ill to have a normal life. And no, you're not a burden to anyone here. We all have our baggage and reasons for being here. It's not your fault for being terminally ill.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, dropdeadfred, Heart Shards and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Thank you for sharing your story with us. There really is no shame in collecting benefits. The whole purpose of those programs are to provide for people that are too disabled or ill to work. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with such severe health issues, and strenuous living conditions. I hope being here with us and talking to us helps bring some degree of peace of mind until you are able to find peace.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, dropdeadfred, Heart Shards and 1 other person
opiatedreamz

opiatedreamz

no-life king
Oct 31, 2020
your story has been heard here. i extend my furthest sympathy to you. (if you're okay with that.) you have every reason to feel the way you do, and i hope soon you at last find your peace and comfort; your home.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for sharing your story with us. There really is no shame in collecting benefits. The whole purpose of those programs are to provide for people that are too disabled or ill to work. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with such severe health issues, and strenuous living conditions. I hope being here with us and talking to us helps bring some degree of peace of mind until you are able to find peace.
Extremely grateful for every one of you; I could never repay you guys and gals.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, dropdeadfred, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
I am of no help but you are heard, and certainly not a burden for anyone, that is just the old sadness speaking.

You owe nothing to society though.

If you find the strenght and a dash of hope to keep you going, you could see disability just as a temporary stepping stone, a crutch toward something other.

Not everything needs to be permanent in life.

I'd like to dare to dream a little, before the sunset paints the red sky, his last hour. Even if it's only for a couple hours, to eat of the happiness's apple again. Life or death, no matter, just the New to ease the pain...poet of the abyss.

I know you are in a dark place now sister. I will write more later on (fucking brain fog, makes it hard for me to concentrate)

We are here for you, companions in this dark journey, to unknown paths.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Heart Shards and x~Sophia~x