heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
My cat has been hanging around me a lot even if it's just sitting nearby where I am. He's usually a very solitary cat. He likes his space and alone time. I feel like he knows I intend to ctb soon. If I succeed the worst part is he won't even know why I'm gone. He'll just never see me again. It breaks my heart.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wkoncuodejde, Peerless_Cucumber, Praestat_Mori and 15 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Cats and dogs can sense a difference in your mood or even health. They are aware when something is wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ImsooDone1N, Dai and 6 others
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Cats and dogs can sense a difference in your mood or even health. They are aware when something is wrong.
It's crazy how they can do that. Animals are amazing

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Dai, Talvikki and 1 other person
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
They so often do know.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Dai and heavyeyes
Green eyed girl

Green eyed girl

Sep 17, 2024
My cat has been hanging around me a lot even if it's just sitting nearby where I am. He's usually a very solitary cat. He likes his space and alone time. I feel like he knows I intend to ctb soon. If I succeed the worst part is he won't even know why I'm gone. He'll just never see me again. It breaks my heart.
Please tell me you have some sort of plan for who you want to adopt him.

Reactions: Dai and peacetoall
Bubble4246

Bubble4246

Wandering Shadow
Sep 11, 2024
My cat has also been a bit more clingy the past few weeks as I've decided I'm going to CTB soon. I feel great sadness in knowing that she won't know why I just disappeared one day, why I'm not moving or petting her in bed as I've OD'd. But I then remember the great home that will adopt her after my passing, and that relieves the sadness I have. I only want the best for her, for her to lead a happy life. And I'm sure she will without me, I've made sure of it. Cats are such beautiful creatures.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Dai, heavyeyes and 1 other person
canijo

canijo

Oct 29, 2023
I live alone with 2 of them, both are the absolute love of my life, and particularly for the last 5 years, the main reason I keep existing.

They KNOW. I've had so many times with them where im in pieces and they just come & hang for a while.

Living proof that their unconditional love is far more powerful than any drug

My top most concern for my ctb is to find them a home.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, heavyeyes, Bubble4246 and 2 others
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Please tell me you have some sort of plan for who you want to adopt him.
I live with my family. Technically he's the family cat. He'll be just fine
My cat has also been a bit more clingy the past few weeks as I've decided I'm going to CTB soon. I feel great sadness in knowing that she won't know why I just disappeared one day, why I'm not moving or petting her in bed as I've OD'd. But I then remember the great home that will adopt her after my passing, and that relieves the sadness I have. I only want the best for her, for her to lead a happy life. And I'm sure she will without me, I've made sure of it. Cats are such beautiful creatures.
I'm sure she'll miss you very much. Animals mourn just as humans do. I've seen it for myself
I live alone with 2 of them, both are the absolute love of my life, and particularly for the last 5 years, the main reason I keep existing.

They KNOW. I've had so many times with them where im in pieces and they just come & hang for a while.

Living proof that their unconditional love is far more powerful than any drug

My top most concern for my ctb is to find them a home.
I hope you're able to find them both a good home 💛

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ImsooDone1N, canijo and 1 other person
attheend13

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
I have two kitties who love me truly and they will never understand why I'm gone. They may care more than anyone else

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, Praestat_Mori, ImsooDone1N and 3 others
Green eyed girl

Green eyed girl

Sep 17, 2024
I have two kitties who love me truly and they will never understand why I'm gone. They may care more than anyone else
I just hope you have a plan or request for who you want them adopted by. It's going to be hard enough on them without you there, but if they're sent to a good home of your choosing that's best for them, it's certainly better than them being in a shelter, potentially a kill shelter or with someone who neglects their needs or worse.

My apologies if sound judgy- It's just that pets have no means of fending for themselves. You shouldn't feel sorry for any people in your life you leave behind- They can take care of themselves and move on- Pets can't do that.

I almost adopted a cat over a year ago, but opted not to because I knew I was going to be exiting this life soon. Regardless, I appreciate the heartache you are no doubt feeling and I'm sure you've already considered the concerns I raised. I just ask that you try to come up with some sort of concrete plan for your furry friends if you haven't already done so.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Praestat_Mori and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
This is so true, and so sad. I knew my cats knew something was wrong with me about 2yrs ago. One day I don't think I got out of bed, Cept to feed them breakfast & change the water. Then I got back into bed & slept for 12h… at 7pm when I usually give them dinner they didn't pester me for it. Rather they both came and sat on my bed, I'll never forget how one of them actually walked up to me, & tapped me 2 times & let out a quiet, squeaky, broken meow. It was like I knew he was asking me if I was okay. He also knew I wasn't and layed down right next to me. I did of course get up to feed them, but they immediately returned to the bed after eating. I could feel they were concerned. It was one of the only times I've felt cared for in the past few years.

I don't think my family likes me. I believe the see me as a sick person who they don't want to disturb. I've 2 siblings, but 1 is a step brother, and to say he doesn't care would be an understatement. Shame. I have another brother & he is very successful in his job & is in a long term relationship. I've not seen my family in over two years. However my mom & stepdad do go to visit my brother 2-3 times a year. I don't blame them, at least they can have a good time with my brother.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, heavyeyes and Praestat_Mori
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Part of me wishes to CTB in my apartment so she'll know I'm gone. While it would be distressing for her to watch me die, I wonder if she would handle it better than just thinking mom left one day and never came home, essentially abandoning her. But for the sake of the humans I love I want to go in a hotel so they don't come to check up on me and have to see my dead body. She'll be taken care of sooner that way too. I'll leave her a few days worth of food and plenty of water, and I'll be found within 48 hours, my family likely notified within 72 or less, and someone will come collect her. She does start to cling when something is wrong. Unfortunately my temper hasn't been the best lately. When she comes to try and comfort me I (gently, a nudge really) push her away. I feel horrible for it. I don't have any love left to give her despite how much I love her more than anything. She's still well taken care of, but she'll have a better life once I'm gone. And yes, before anyone asks, I know who she'll end up with and I trust them to take very good care of her.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Tonkpils