whisperjump

whisperjump

i am the thing i've tried to kill over 8 times now
Sep 9, 2023
it feels like the rest of my family is perfectly happy without her. first, it was both of our cats. then, one of them came back. not mine. specifically mine. my baby girl. she can't survive out there. she can't even catch a beetle for christ's sake. if she doesn't come back or we find her dead i'm going to kill myself. i'm not even scared anymore. she was keeping me alive. i posted about it before the data wipe. i'm so panicked i can't take it. where are you my darling girl please come back to me

Screenshot_20230923_211245.jpg

i bet she's so uncomfortable and sad right now. there's no butt-pats in the wild. she wouldn't live as a stray. she would die. her nails are trimmed to a T and she's only ever lived inside. im so fucking scared

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Sannti, pole and 26 others
Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
I'm really sorry. She looks like such a distinguished gentlelady. I hope she find a way back home. Have you tried posting her photo in local Facebook groups? I know some exist dedicated to finding missing pets, but others are more general. Have any neighbors seen her recently?

This is devastating. I have two cats, so I share your pain, I wouldn't ever want them to go missing. It's hard out there.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
how long has she been gone? was she an indoor only cat? does she have identification? have you searched and posted physical and online fliers?

Reactions: MiMif, Praestat_Mori, Inthewind and 1 other person
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
Omg I'm so sorry, when did you last see her? How do you think she got out? I hope you find her soon

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
I'm really sorry for you and your beautiful cat. I really hope that she come home soon. Send you my best vibes and wishes!!

There's a japanese trick, and I've read in other times that it works. Why you don't talk with the cats of your neighborhood? Tell them about your cat, how she looks, her name and when she dissapear. I don't know how, but they would help your lady to find the way home. Just a sugesttion to try, I hope not offending you :' ( hugs ans support, buddy

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, mrscat and Lostandlooking
whisperjump

whisperjump

Sep 9, 2023
I'm really sorry. She looks like such a distinguished gentlelady. I hope she find a way back home. Have you tried posting her photo in local Facebook groups? I know some exist dedicated to finding missing pets, but others are more general. Have any neighbors seen her recently?

This is devastating. I have two cats, so I share your pain, I wouldn't ever want them to go missing. It's hard out there.
how long has she been gone? was she an indoor only cat? does she have identification? have you searched and posted physical and online fliers?
Omg I'm so sorry, when did you last see her? How do you think she got out? I hope you find her soon

to answer your questions, yes i've posted around. facebook was my first choice, and we're getting flyers made tomorrow. our printer doesn't work so we have to wait for my step-father to print them with his (i've already created them, i tried to make them eye-catching as well). i'm not very close with my neighbors but i sucked up my social anxiety and asked everyone i saw regardless.

she's been gone since last night, my beautiful baby. her name is lullabye, btw. she's naturally VERY shy to everyone but me, and has separation anxiety, and i feel her pain so much. the last time i saw her, she was in her collar, and she actually seems to enjoy having it on, never been able to take it off nor has she tried. on it was her vax tag which tracks back to our contact info, as well as her iconic little flower bow.

I'm really sorry for you and your beautiful cat. I really hope that she come home soon. Send you my best vibes and wishes!!

There's a japanese trick, and I've read in other times that it works. Why you don't talk with the cats of your neighborhood? Tell them about your cat, how she looks, her name and when she dissapear. I don't know how, but they would help your lady to find the way home. Just a sugesttion to try, I hope not offending you :' ( hugs ans support, buddy

i actually really really love this idea, thank you! it gives me something to do except cry in my room lol. i often feed the stray cats in my neighborhood to the point where they wait at my gate for me to get their dinner. when i was searching around for her, one of the older more busted-up senior cats that i pet and hug frequently honestly seemed to be helping me look. i kept crying to him and asking him if he knew where she was. when i feed them tomorrow, i'll talk to them about her. perfect for someone a little superstitious like myself.

--

i hope she knows i miss her so bad. i'm just afraid of ctbing right before she ends up coming back or something. i'm honestly still convinced she's in a drawer or cabinet somewhere, but i've already turned the house upside-down multiple times.

on the brighter side, here's a little picture i drew of us together.

mrp_maowww.png

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole, Pluto, niceoofie and 5 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Reactions: pole, ApparentlyNot, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
Take her feeding bowls outside, and cover them so weather would not affect it and her favourite blanket as a first step. and shout her name in the evening when you look for her!.

Reactions: pole, Praestat_Mori and mrscat
A

adrenalinejunkie

Sep 22, 2023
Sorry to hear I've always had cats and love them they are part of your family. I've lost them before and it's devastating. I had one go missing for 4 days and then came strolling home. Flyers are great idea and I always asked everyone I could find to check their garage. Cats are very good at hiding so hopefully that is where she is. Hope you find her.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I'm so sorry. I hope she turns up soon X

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, Praestat_Mori, mrscat and 1 other person
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
I have found a number of missing cats. I once looked for and found someone else's cat two weeks after it got lost. It was in a neighbor's backyard - hiding in the bushes.

I have also found missing cats in the following places: 1) trapped in a neighbor's garage, 2) under my house, 3) in a store next to the vet's office that the cat escaped from (after breaking out from one of their cages). He was on the second floor hiding behind some stuff in a storage area.

Apart from not giving up, I think that VERY THOROUGH "boots on the ground" searching in your neighborhood is very important right now (among other things).

I think that the following video is a very good guide for finding your cat:

And I think that this is a good article:

I have a fair bit of experience with cats - including using traps to help community cats. If you have any questions about any of this, just let me know. As I know from experience and as the video and article state, lost cats don't go far. They hunker down and hide. I think you have a good chance of finding your cat if you do what is recommended.

ButterToast

ButterToast

Liar who can't separate lies from reality
Aug 11, 2023
de
depending on age, cats would go far away when they know their time is close. There is a chance that it might not come back

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and mrscat
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Sorry to hear about your cat. A couple of years ago my darling boy Stan went missing for a couple of days and I was beside myself with worry. I posted flyers up in the neighborhood and left messages all over the place on social media. Then suddenly after shouting his name I heard some faint meowing and I traced it to back in the house. I went upstairs to the spare bedroom and opened the wardrobe and he jumped out. I've never felt so happy and relieved. He's my darling and I don't know what I'd do if anything happens to him.
My advice is thoroughly check your house. Cats are very good at hiding. Ask your neighbors to check their sheds, garden or garages. Cats don't usually completely disappear. I wish you a lot of luck in finding your baby.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, Praestat_Mori and whisperjump
Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
to answer your questions, yes i've posted around. facebook was my first choice, and we're getting flyers made tomorrow. our printer doesn't work so we have to wait for my step-father to print them with his (i've already created them, i tried to make them eye-catching as well). i'm not very close with my neighbors but i sucked up my social anxiety and asked everyone i saw regardless.

she's been gone since last night, my beautiful baby. her name is lullabye, btw. she's naturally VERY shy to everyone but me, and has separation anxiety, and i feel her pain so much. the last time i saw her, she was in her collar, and she actually seems to enjoy having it on, never been able to take it off nor has she tried. on it was her vax tag which tracks back to our contact info, as well as her iconic little flower bow.

i actually really really love this idea, thank you! it gives me something to do except cry in my room lol. i often feed the stray cats in my neighborhood to the point where they wait at my gate for me to get their dinner. when i was searching around for her, one of the older more busted-up senior cats that i pet and hug frequently honestly seemed to be helping me look. i kept crying to him and asking him if he knew where she was. when i feed them tomorrow, i'll talk to them about her. perfect for someone a little superstitious like myself.

--

i hope she knows i miss her so bad. i'm just afraid of ctbing right before she ends up coming back or something. i'm honestly still convinced she's in a drawer or cabinet somewhere, but i've already turned the house upside-down multiple times.

on the brighter side, here's a little picture i drew of us together.

mrp_maowww.png
keep walking around, I had a indoor cat that liked hiding nearby outdoors when she was alive (she died of old age ;(() But I ran around everywhere and I sometimes find this stray anyway, keep your search radius big sometimes they go further like my old dog did, neighbors would bring him back because he was confused and wondering like an oldy. Pets get confused in their panic so maybe something spooked the kitty, and she wondered further.

Reactions: pole, whisperjump and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I hope your cat comes home soon. It looks so cute. I love cats. I hope the best for you!!

• Love
Reactions: pole and whisperjump
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
You could try putting it's cat litter tray outside,I've heard that the cat can smell it a mile off,and it would guide it home. I hope your cat returns soon x

• Love
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
You will see your cat again regardless, either in Heaven or this life. Once you establish the fact that you will see your cat again you should perhaps be less sad and stressed. Keep looking and I hope you find it.

Last edited:
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I'll never forget when my mom lost her third son, the most beloved. He's a ginger cat, and when she called me to say that he disappeared, I thought somebody had been murdered. It was the most emotionally painful sound I've ever heard. I don't think she'll cry that hard when I die!

Nevertheless, his ginger ass returned after several days, safe and sound. Probably wandered into a neighbor's garage and got stuck.

Your furball will hopefully return soon 🙏
Sending a hug!

• Hugs
  • Love
b1ackstar

b1ackstar

manifesting my downfall :D
Sep 16, 2023
my cat went missing a week ago, hes an outdoor cat but it was weird for him to go this long, and he was very sick too. we fully believed he was dead, especially since it was almost a whole week.

but he came back!!

turns out, yes, he is sick, but he just went to have space or whatever. now hes been treated and is happier then ever. its entirely possible your cat will come back, please dont give up hope!! cats sometimes need space too, just like us, but nothing is impossible. i hope you find your baby soon, and ill wish you the best of luck :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Been thinking about you. Have you found your fur baby?

• Love
Reactions: whisperjump
whisperjump

whisperjump

Sep 9, 2023
Been thinking about you. Have you found your fur baby?
depending on age, cats would go far away when they know their time is close. There is a chance that it might not come back

hi everyone. i really really really appreciate your support, it's just about the only thing i have keeping me going at the moment. i haven't found her yet, but i've been looking everywhere. she's only a little over a year old, and very healthy. i've taken most if not all the tips i've been given from you all. i've posted on facebook, everywhere.

my heart aches every day and every time i call for her and she doesn't come. it's just she disappeared out of thin air. i still keep looking under everyone's beds and in their closets. i know she's gone, i just can't accept it. i don't know how much longer i can hold on for. please come back, honey. please.

View attachment Snapchat-239671408.mp4
View attachment Snapchat-1078089291.mp4

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pole and Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Has your baby been chipped? If so you can call those folks and they'll help you. Posters all around town? Door to door? I am hoping (sorry I don't pray) that you find her soon. I know how stressful that is. My 14 year old fur baby (cat) has liver cancer and is dying.

• Love
Reactions: pole
T

Thalassa

Jul 24, 2018
So I've been watching more lost cat videos and I thought the following video was also good. It's similar to the other vid I posted but it has a few more tips. But in my opinion, the most important words in this vid are "aggressive physical search" (in your neighborhood) - meaning backyards as well as front. It's actually critical to go into backyards and call your cat. And if there's no answer, still search every nook and cranny in the backyards because a cat in survival mode may be too scared to make a sound and answer you.

The videos kind of make this all seem overwhelming, but I never had to use traps or anything like that and there was no social media back then. When I was looking for the cat that had been lost for two weeks, it literally took me like five or 10 minutes to find him from the time I located the house he escaped from. He was in the back yard of the next closest house. But of course, it may take much longer than that, so don't give up! Anyway, good luck with finding your kitty. Here's the video:

Last edited:
  • Love
whisperjump

whisperjump

Sep 9, 2023
Has your baby been chipped? If so you can call those folks and they'll help you. Posters all around town? Door to door? I am hoping (sorry I don't pray) that you find her soon. I know how stressful that is. My 14 year old fur baby (cat) has liver cancer and is dying.
she isnt chipped, but she had her favorite collar on last i saw her. i saw your post. absolutely heartbreaking. i feed a lot of stays in my neighborhood and occasionally, I'll find one dead. it's heartbreaking, but it weirdly gives me motivation to show the other cats as much love as i can.
🚨 UPDATE 🚨
HOLY FUCK. YOU LITTLE BITCH. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU. WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING COLLAR IM GONNA KILL YOU. Screenshot 20230925 012747
she came meowing at my door like another normal night (we have a doggie door, not my choice, i protested against it) and i thought it was her brother. nope. that little shit. i immediately hugged and kissed her to death and fed her her favorite wet food. when i went outside, the senior stray i hang out with 24/7 was following behind her calmly. i like to think he led her back :] plz let this be a lesson!! if your cat is home for a few days, dont ctb! also, if you really do lose your baby.. think of the many others that would die for your love and company. i know it's hard to love again, but i promise you will. so many cats and dogs get dumped around here far too often and it hurts me to see them eventually end up dead because they aren't used to the outside life, or die any other way far from their families. i have been planning on taking the senior kitty in, even if he may not live for much longer. if i can make his last years ones full of love he hasn't gotten in ages, I'll do it. i owe him everything, and that little man is adorable regardless.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Pomegranate, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 8 others
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
my cat is my heart. special bond. trying to keep going for her. she is 12. not sure I'm gonna make it that long tho

• Love
Reactions: whisperjump, ShadowSelf, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
S

ShadowSelf

Apr 13, 2023
@whisperjump, I'm so, so glad you have your baby back! It's wonderful news. Thank you for updating us.
A tip for everyone: If your cat or dog (or other pet) wears a collar, you can put a GPS tracker on it. It may help you locate your pet in the event that they go missing. I've seen Whistle Go Explore recommended in the U.S.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whisperjump, Praestat_Mori, Thalassa and 1 other person
niceoofie

niceoofie

I accept death with open arms
Sep 23, 2023
she isnt chipped, but she had her favorite collar on last i saw her. i saw your post. absolutely heartbreaking. i feed a lot of stays in my neighborhood and occasionally, I'll find one dead. it's heartbreaking, but it weirdly gives me motivation to show the other cats as much love as i can.
🚨 UPDATE 🚨
HOLY FUCK. YOU LITTLE BITCH. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU. WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING COLLAR IM GONNA KILL YOU.View attachment 120404
she came meowing at my door like another normal night (we have a doggie door, not my choice, i protested against it) and i thought it was her brother. nope. that little shit. i immediately hugged and kissed her to death and fed her her favorite wet food. when i went outside, the senior stray i hang out with 24/7 was following behind her calmly. i like to think he led her back :] plz let this be a lesson!! if your cat is home for a few days, dont ctb! also, if you really do lose your baby.. think of the many others that would die for your love and company. i know it's hard to love again, but i promise you will. so many cats and dogs get dumped around here far too often and it hurts me to see them eventually end up dead because they aren't used to the outside life, or die any other way far from their families. i have been planning on taking the senior kitty in, even if he may not live for much longer. if i can make his last years ones full of love he hasn't gotten in ages, I'll do it. i owe him everything, and that little man is adorable regardless.
I'm so glad you got your cat back. The senior stray is a hero! You should let him in, he deserves to be loved and have a home. ❤️❤️

I do not have a cat but I do have a dog. I can relate to you that pets mean everything to us and are the reason why we were still living.

On a side note, I love your art. You're a very talented artist. :)

• Love
Reactions: whisperjump, Praestat_Mori, Thalassa and 1 other person
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
"if she doesn't come back or we find her dead i'm going to kill myself." Has this been a learning experience for you?

Reactions: whisperjump and niceoofie
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
🚨 UPDATE 🚨
HOLY FUCK. YOU LITTLE BITCH. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU. WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING COLLAR IM GONNA KILL YOU.View attachment 120404
i felt really sad reading the early parts of the thread and then as soon as i saw the update, i felt so relieved and happy! I hope she's doing well.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, whisperjump, niceoofie and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
🚨 UPDATE 🚨
I am so happy to hear your fur baby is home!!!! I laughed so hard at your response to her glorious return! Exactly what I would have done!! I agree with you I found my Sweet Pea on the side of the road where someone had discarded her (she was barely a kitten so tiny). She has been my faithful companion for 14 years (longer than any man has lasted lol). LOve that little kitty and give her a kiss for me!!! I'm so happy for you. I believe we are kindred spirits you and I.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, whisperjump, niceoofie and 2 others