WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Hello SS friends. I haven't been here for a long time and I miss the feeling of support and safety that you've always given me. I'm in tears right now and my heart and my head are heavy. I can barely breath and I feel like the walls are closing up on me. 2 days ago I discovered a lump besides the nipple of my 1 year and 9 months kitty. I took him to the vet today and he immediately determined that it was a tumor. A mammary cancer and he reassured me that it could be benign and the cat can live with it after medication with anti inflammatory/anti biotic (although I've read that 96% of it is malignant) He gave him 2 shots and took a picture of the size of it next to a meter. He told me to give him a medication twice a day for 5 days and come back for a check up to see if the tumor grow in size or spread to other areas so then he would determine it's malignant and would take him for a resection operation. I read a lot about it and it says that it's mostly common in female cats older than 10 years. But this poor kitty is male and one year and 9 months old. I'm devastated and I don't know what to do. I read a lot about it and it says that their lifespan is very short with this cancer. I've been crying nonstop I feel like a burn in my heart. Every time I see him i can feel my heart break for him. What did he ever do to deserve this? Why him? I wish it was me instead. I'm broken and I don't know if I can keep going after him. He was the only thing that kept me alive in my darkest times. Please tell me have you ever heard about this or dealt with it? I wanna know from people with experience I don't know who to talk to I can't breath.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, F&Inside, jar-baby and 10 others
lucyna

lucyna

barely active / recovering
Aug 22, 2023
i'm so sorry to hear that, my heart breaks for you. it's so terrible when something bad happens to pets because they absolutely do not deserve anything bad in this world. i hope that the vets find a way to help your cat. 💜 i'm sending you and your cat a lot of love and strength, i sincerely hope things will take a turn to the better. hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Sorry to hear this about your cat. My cats are my life,and I just wouldn't cope if this was them. Fingers crossed that it isn't maligment. Sending positive vibes!

fadid

fadid

<3
Mar 13, 2023
I'm so sorry 😥 that's horrible, my kitty is about the last thing remaining of my family, I couldn't imagine losing her too..
I don't have relevant experience on this, but I wish both of you guys the best 🥹 ❤️