Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
One of the best friends I had was my cousin. We knew each other since birth and always clicked in ways that are currently foreign to me. We would do everything together and I'm sure I spent the majority of my childhood with him. I remember when we would talk together on the phone while playing video games in the late hours of the night and spend time playing outside from dawn until dusk. He was probably the nicest person I've ever known and although he had many friends (unlike me, who had no friends) he would prefer to hang out with me. Although he was younger than me, I truly looked up to him. However, I was jealous of him. This jealously stemmed from his rich family (in comparison to my family), plentitude of friends, and good looks. I can remember many moments of me being a complete asshole to him, despite his kindness to me. Looking back, I wish I would've embraced his love and expressed it back more. Anyway, we were really close until my family and I moved across the country. I could've kept in contact with him but didn't. 5 years later, we have no relationship at all. I've seen him recently and although he's all grown up, he seems to be the same person I remember from before. However, he appears to have no interest in our relationship anymore. He has moved on long time ago and our great friendship is in the past, as I expected.

I know this was a stupid story but this has got to be the best relationship I've ever had in my life. If and when I decide to CTB, I'll forever be grateful of the positive impacts he had on my life.

My best friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, nerve, ReWind and 2 others