S

stefanomoro98

Nov 1, 2021
I daydreamed about being in Tokyo for so long. I thought here I could be happy. I'm an exchange student during this summer semester at a prestigious Tokyo university.

When I came here to Tokyo, I asked my parents to give me more money because life is sensitively more expensive than in Italy. They said no: "We give you the bare minimum and that must be fine with you".

I have a terrible past with them, including family mistreatment charges.

So the first two weeks I spend them binge-drinking trying not to think that I am in Tokyo but I don't have the money to afford it.

I tried to find a job. They hire you only if you speak Japanese or you are an English mother-tongue. I'm none of them.

I decided I had to control my financial status very carefully so I avoided any activity that could lead to spending more such as social activity.

This led me alone. Again.

Everywhere I go I am alone.

I just spoke with a French guy in the smoking area. He looked beautiful. Fancy dressing. He studies at Berkeley but he found a girlfriend here in Tokyo. Chances got that I know here: she's a beautiful French Swiss girl. I just thought about how perfect their life must be. Later he wanted to invite me to the party he was in and I say no, I had already taken my sleeping pills and my antipsychotics. After five minutes I see all of these people coming out of the building. I know a bunch of them. None of them even thought about inviting me to that party.

I think I have so much to share with people but unfortunately, my personality disorder and probably my Asperger's (I'll be tested in September) just make me look goofy. I think people have a very bad impression of me.

Yesterday one of my professors spoke about parachuting. I think it's a good way of suicide. He told me that once you get off the plane you're brain shut down because of the overload of sensory stimula. Seems a nice way.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If you are from Italy, you might try contacting the Italian embassy to see if they know of any translation work. Most embassies (and consulates as well) have a diplomatic as well as a trade side. If the embassy in Tokyo does not know of any translation work needed the consulate in Kobe may.

If you have Aspergers, you might be interested in the web site https://wrongplanet.net/forums/ here people share the coping and management skills they have learned.