I

indigoviolet

Aug 19, 2024
I'm practicing the anchor knot but every one I do the end keeps slipping out when I put any pressure on it. I'm using a 12mm braided polypropylene rope. Can someone help with how I can stop this ?
I've tried different types of knots including the recommend bowline knot

Attachments

• PXL_20240829_085905141.jpg
    PXL_20240829_085905141.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

This isn't an advice but I would say a "Double-Eight-Knot" around the anchor point won't loosen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: indigoviolet
I

indigoviolet

Aug 19, 2024

This isn't an advice but I would say a "Double-Eight-Knot" around the anchor point won't loosen.

The anchor point I'm using is a tree branch. I'll need a knot to tie around the branch double figure 8 knot needs to be clipped onto something if I'm correct

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The anchor point I'm using is a tree branch. I'll need a knot to tie around the branch double figure 8 knot needs to be clipped onto something if I'm correct
Have you check out this thread?

You should be able to do it around the branch of a tree with a double figure-eight knot.

• Love
Reactions: indigoviolet
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
You can throw the rope with a double figure-eight knot over the branch and use the loop of the knot as an eyelet for the other end of the rope.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
BowLine Knot

1. In the standing line create a bend or loop far back from the line end. It helps forming the knot by laying the loop parallel to the standing line, with the line end coming under the bend formed in the standing line.

2. Now place the bend or loop over the standing line and pull the standing line through the loop several inches, forming another bend or loop.

3. Now insert the line end through the loop just formed, then back over itself.

4. Hold the line end and the bottom line of the loop, while slowly pulling on the standing line. Read our full guide on how to tie a bowline knot here.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and indigoviolet