Toxinebulaic

Toxinebulaic

winter is coming
Aug 2, 2023
This time last year I started posting on this site. I don't think I ever actually said why.

The story is relatively simple. Last April, I started dating somebody. After two months of a pretty decent relationship, we became physically intimate. This is when he started using sex as leverage to physically and verbally abuse me, aswell as intentionally embarass me in front of and isolate me from the people I cared about.

This abuse consisted of hitting, kicking, biting, and general non-consensual violence during sex even after I told him to stop, multiple times. It also included kissing other people in front of me, and openly talking about how he was cheating on me, in front of me. He would also constantly insult, patronize, and denigrate me in more turns of phrase than you could count on 15 hands, even after I had talked to him about how much it was affecting my self-esteem.

You might be wondering, after all of that, why didn't I just break up with him? Good fucking question. I suppose the answer is that I was too enthralled by the fact that I was in a romantic and intimate relationship, and for all its flaws, the intimacy still did feel good. I also didn't recognize how bad it was at the time, and I didn't really think that it could be abuse. Part of that was because I am AMAB and identify as a man, while my abuser was AFAB and also identified as a man.

I view this through the lens of female to male abuse not out of disrespect for them and how they identify - though if I was they would most certaily deserve it - but because of how he presents, and becuase of how we were perceived after we broke up. When we broke up, my abuser started openly talking shit about me to every mutual acquaintance we had. When I heard about this, I wrote a long document detailing my experience of our relationship as I saw it in that moment, and sent it to the people I cared about as a way of explaining myself. At least one of them sent this document to my abuser.

It was at this point he decided I had been abusing him, and that I had raped him.

There's nothing I can really say to that except that it's not true, but with the way he presents himself I knew immediately that nobody would take my side. I wouldn't even blame you, the reader, for being suspicious of me and my account of things. For what it's worth, I have always ensured consent to the best of my abilities, and reaffirmed it continuously throughout any intimate contact I've ever had with anybody, because I believe that anything less would be heinous and evil. He obviously didn't feel the same way.

Either way, he was threatening to take legal action, and while I didn't believe that for a second I also didn't want to rock the boat so I didn't say anything to anyone. I suppressed my feelings about it for so long. The weirdest thing is that nobody ever asked about it. I was very obviously not doing well for a long period of time, and nobody I knew really seemed to give a shit.

After contemplating that thought a bit more, I've slowly come to realize that throughout this year, my abuser has gotten exactly what he wanted.

My friends don't talk to me anymore, and have stayed close with him. Some have decided to cut ties with me and start talking to him despite not being friends with him before, simply on account of what has been said about me. After I finally gave up on interpersonal connection, those who I cut loose went back to him to continue their friendship, having only cut ties with him in the first place as not to hurt me.

None of them actually believed me or gave me any credibility when I said that he had abused me.

In other words, my abuser never has to see me, but has the satisfaction of knowing that I am completely alone, and that he has all the support of everybody who once supported me.

And that really, really hurts.

I should probably just get on with it an kill myself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: landslide2, BoredNTired, Sannti and 5 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
That's horrible. I kind of get it because my father got abused by both my ex-stepmother and his most recent ex-girlfriend. His most recent ex decided to run around and lied about him abusing her and nearly ruined a lot of his relationships. Have you tried telling your friends about what he did to you? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question as I don't have much personal experience with situations like this.

Toxinebulaic

Toxinebulaic

winter is coming
Aug 2, 2023
That's horrible. I kind of get it because my father got abused by both my ex-stepmother and his most recent ex-girlfriend. His most recent ex decided to run around and lied about him abusing her and nearly ruined a lot of his relationships. Have you tried telling your friends about what he did to you? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question as I don't have much personal experience with situations like this.
I hadn't talked about it with most people for a while, but when it happened the friends I talked to said that they didn't want to take a side so they didn't want to hear either side of the story. Then, a bunch of them went on a trip with my abuser and just heard his side of the story anyways. They never asked me for mine.

A few months ago I started talking with the few friends I had left about what had actually happened, and one said that they couldn't be friends with him anymore. Yesterday when I happened to go to a social space where my group regularly meets up, I saw that same friend hugging him.

So it's weird. This is one of the reasons I cut everyone off.

Thank you for replying, by the way. It means something to be acknowledged.

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I hadn't talked about it with most people for a while, but when it happened the friends I talked to said that they didn't want to take a side so they didn't want to hear either side of the story. Then, a bunch of them went on a trip with my abuser and just heard his side of the story anyways. They never asked me for mine.

A few months ago I started talking with the few friends I had left about what had actually happened, and one said that they couldn't be friends with him anymore. Yesterday when I happened to go to a social space where my group regularly meets up, I saw that same friend hugging him.

So it's weird. This is one of the reasons I cut everyone off.

Thank you for replying, by the way. It means something to be acknowledged.
Well, fuck them. If they can't even bother to actually listen your side then they weren't your friends in the first place.

Toxinebulaic

Toxinebulaic

winter is coming
Aug 2, 2023
Well, fuck them. If they can't even bother to actually listen your side then they weren't your friends in the first place.
I'm saying!

Problem is, if they were never my friends in the first place, I've never had any friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester