• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
Here are some I feel would be nice to listen to during my final moments.

I really like the lyrics and atmosphere of the first song. I think it's a perfect song for me to fade away to.

With the second song, I have a really strange connection with it. I haven't known about it for that long, and yet it feels like I've known about it for years. Despite it not even sounding that sad, it still manages to make me emotional whenever I hear it. It really means a lot to me.

The last one doesn't have any lyrics, but it still sounds really peaceful to me. The image used in the video only aids that feeling.

Reactions: RM5998, HangInThere, Safira and 1 other person
K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
On the topic "anime"

not really anime but i really like the emotion in the voice, shoegazing in general have this "fading" feel where you just feel really numb

really bittersweet, the kind of sadness i enjoy and find comfort in.

not really anime this time either but it feels pretty dramatic and epic, really wouldnt mind dying to this.

Reactions: greamcrnec, Asylla and Okami
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
This is the song I've dreamed about listening to while ctb.

Reactions: HangInThere
Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
These are really cool songs, thanks everyone for posting.

I would want to ctb to something epic like Beethoven's Apassionata, but with my luck my iphone would switch to random and start playing Pharrell Williams right when I take my last breath

Reactions: HangInThere, Squidward, GloryGloryGlory and 2 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Probably at the sound of Dive to Blue by L'Arc~en~Ciel or for something considerably different, such as Stay with Me by Miki Matsubara or Polly by The Melody.

L'Arc~en~Ciel musics are unfortunately not available on YouTube.

For a more classical approach, perhaps Love's Sorrow.

Reactions: RM5998 and Asylla
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
I'll stick this one here as well.

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory
K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018

Let me represent our anthem

Reactions: HangInThere and GloryGloryGlory
that_guy2611

that_guy2611

Student
Mar 17, 2018
What ?
How come nobody mentioned this :

Reactions: Dog Food, FullFat, GloryGloryGlory and 1 other person
tynki

tynki

Arriving somewhere but not here...
Apr 8, 2018

This entire album/masterpiece, sums up my life.
Live versions are x10 better.

Reactions: VanHeineken and ChizuruN
U

unclerage

Apr 9, 2018

This entire album/masterpiece, sums up my life.
Live versions are x10 better.

No matter the forum, I'll always offer a warm smile for any Porcupine Tree related posts.

Deadwing's Arriving Somewhere but Not Here has always felt like it would be a comfortable, if bitter sweet, segue between states of existence.

Reactions: VanHeineken
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Porcupine Tree is awesome! I've seen them live 3 times. It's a shame they don't play anymore.

Asylla

Asylla

Apr 16, 2018
I don't like the idea of dying while listening to music, but this one would be fitting:

Reactions: RM5998
Safira

Safira

An empty soul isolated and fuelled by desperation
Apr 3, 2018
There's quite a few i'd love to drift away to, but they all are heavily lyric focused, so a more mellow slow paced song may be the realistic choice i'd make. This one is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and i think at this moment in time it's my first choice for my final song:
https://soundcloud.com/onlykoda/koda-the-last-stand

There's quite a lot of songs i'd listen to, but more in the day before it happens, less so an hour before or something. A lot of memories with these ones (a lot of stuff, if you wanted the short answer it's just Koda's song <3 Also yes i'm a brony and no i'm not ashamed):

https://soundoftheaviators.bandcamp.com/album/dystopian-fiction (Howling At the Moon i love more of the songs but this album resonates with me more so i feel it's more fitting.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tQMupjOIQrQnYtSWtSYjV0MDA/view
(these two are my go-to relaxing songs if i need something quick - otherwise i go for my massive playlists haha.)

- - HPZ's songs are pretty relatable, short and to the point. These are more positive ones since i'd probably want to keep the brief happiness as long as i can.)

(Another relaxation song i listened to in the summer a lot when i was too tired to do anything but sleep.)
I could link a lot more brony music but i'll just end with my favourite from my favourite musician in the world:

I could ramble all day about music, i'm happy this topic has been opened up <3

Last edited:
Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Totally forgot about Blackmill! Can draw emotions into the music that i didn't even know i could feel. His music comforts me, i'll never regret stumbling across it way back when.

Reactions: Sonnenblume
Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Vincent by Don Mclean is my contribution. It was good enough for tupac's death bed!

I'm on my phone and am too lazy to include a YouTube link, sorry.

Reactions: Safira
Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Vincent by Don Mclean is my contribution. It was good enough for tupac's death bed!

I'm on my phone and am too lazy to include a YouTube link, sorry.

"Now I understand what you tried to say to me
How you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to set them free
Oh, they would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps, they'll listen now

For they could not love you
But still your love was true.
And when no hope was left inside on that starry, starry night
You took your life as lovers often do
But I could have told you, Vincent This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you"

It's beautiful, thanks for the reminder it exists <3 You're a wonderful person.

Reactions: Squidward
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
I know this doesn't really fit the mood, but I want "Layla" by Eric Clapton to play when I CTB. It's probably my favorite song ever. Maybe also "Can't You See" by the Marshall Tucker Band. The lyrics don't apply, but the sound never fails to make me think of my mom.

Layla:

Can't You See:

My only other suggestion is pretty on the nose - "45" by Shinedown.

Safira

Safira

Apr 3, 2018
Found a couple others i haven't heard in a while, make me strangely emotional so i think they'd be some i'd listen to the day of besides a couple lofi hiphop mixes i adore.

This cover of Sooner or Later is also something beautiful, i feel it'd calm me a lot if i felt any panic -

Reactions: RM5998
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018

Im going to play that before i ctb. Think its fitting and the name of the song i can relate too.

L

letmeoutmp3

May 2, 2018

i would probably put this on a loop, along with end of a day

this is a song that gives me comfort in the end of a tiring day, i imagine it would give me comfort on the end of a tiring life too.
i think of the smiths - asleep too, i know it's a cliche but it's just so fitting...

back to jonghyun, i think before our spring would be a good choice for me too

i can't help but think this song was written as a goodbye

i have been suicidal for a long time, and since my favorite singer did it, i just can't help but think of listening to his songs when i go

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018

i would probably put this on a loop, along with end of a day

this is a song that gives me comfort in the end of a tiring day, i imagine it would give me comfort on the end of a tiring life too.
i think of the smiths - asleep too, i know it's a cliche but it's just so fitting...

back to jonghyun, i think before our spring would be a good choice for me too

i can't help but think this song was written as a goodbye

i have been suicidal for a long time, and since my favorite singer did it, i just can't help but think of listening to his songs when i go

Hi, are you Korean? Or just a big fan of Korean music?

L

letmeoutmp3

May 2, 2018
Hi, are you Korean? Or just a big fan of Korean music?
no not really, i'm from south america. idk if i'm a "big fan" of korean music since i only listen to some artists

Volodja

Volodja

May 4, 2018
Mmm..music is the only thing that keeps me alive, I doubt I could pass away with it...but in the case I choose the Hana-bi soundtrack by Joe Hisaishi, I love it