I've got to go and leave you this way
You'll find a love to blind you"
Gets me everytime and drives me to tears

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain, Ambie and lilyeehaw
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
I apologize this doesnt fit the threads outline but I have a playlist I've pieced together over the years and thought someone else may appreciate something made. I made it to my taste but feel free to give feedback or ignore:)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ambie, thedutchguy and lilyeehaw
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Justin Currie-If I Ever Loved You
(I posted this in another thread ... thought I would post it here)

Reactions: Ambie
K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
This song is one of my favourites. The lyrics perfectly encapsulate the feeling of having no respite from suicidal thoughts, especially when you're by yourself. The lead singer committed suicide by train, so you know it's coming from the heart.

Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I love this song. I put it on, and just allow myself to feel whatever mood comes out.

Reactions: Ambie and ReverendGreen
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I remember freaking out the first time I heard Hi How Are You because of how accurately it captured my feelings at the time
Daniel Johnston is a treasure

Very much; the whole despair, queerness and isolation from society resonates very well; and he does it in such a nice, straight-forward way. Him and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are my go to artists when my depressive state is at its worst.

Is that you playing bass in the picture? Rock on my guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReverendGreen
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
Very much; the whole despair, queerness and isolation from society resonates very well; and he does it in such a nice, straight-forward way. Him and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are my go to artists when my depressive state is at its worst.

Is that you playing bass in the picture? Rock on my guy.
Godspeed is great too, used to love riding around on a bike at the dead of night blasting their first two albums.

That's Panda Bear in the photo, not me (though I do think I resemble him slightly). Was actually just about to post this song from a band he's in, describes most days.

Reactions: Tortured_empath
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Godspeed is great too, used to love riding around on a bike at the dead of night blasting their first two albums.

That's Panda Bear in the photo, not me (though I do think I resemble him slightly). Was actually just about to post this song from a band he's in, describes most days.

Oh man, didn't even realize he was in Animal Collective. They're definitely one of the greats; thank you for sharing.

You must read Pitchfork, no?

Last edited:
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
Oh man, didn't even realize he was in Animal Collective. They're definitely one of the greats; thank you for sharing.

You must read Pitchfork, no?
Animal Collective is the best, I've been completely obsessed with them for the last 2.5 years.
I check Pitchfork out for a few recommendations here and there. Mostly just to work through their 'Top 50' lists. Growing up my parents were pretty into the indie scene and they passed that onto me, everything else comes from browsing music forums on the internet.

Reactions: Tortured_empath
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Animal Collective is the best, I've been completely obsessed with them for the last 2.5 years.
I check Pitchfork out for a few recommendations here and there. Mostly just to work through their 'Top 50' lists. Growing up my parents were pretty into the indie scene and they passed that onto me, everything else comes from browsing music forums on the internet.

Oh that's awesome; I've had on and off periods with them, but I keep coming back to Merriwater Post Pavillion.

You are lucky with your folks; it's nice to meet another like-minded indiehead. I've also gotten most of my musical taste from forums; 4chan's /mu/ board and Pitchfork were the biggest, but I've rarely found one with the same taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReverendGreen
true faith

true faith

Jun 30, 2019

softer than what I usually like, but I think M Gira's some kind of genius

• Love
Reactions: lilyeehaw
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
This was a really popular way to dance, many years ago in France.

Ambie

Ambie

Jun 13, 2019

aahh sorry for being edgy but this reminds me of my ex. a great song when i want to feel like shit

Last edited:
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018

City of Angels

• Love
Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling, Rena rossy, Help_Me and 1 other person