Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019

This happens to be one of my most favourite works of the last several years.

So much that I used part of the lyrics in my signature. The contents of the song concern one Quentin Crisp, a controversial British author who emigrated to the United States.

"Modesty, propriety, can lead to notoriety
you could end up as the only one.
Gentleness, sobriety
are rare in this society
At night a candle's brighter than the sun"

The last line in particular allowed me to hang on to some kind of hope, and still did before it got to this point.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, DeepMind, WOODESITY and 1 other person
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
This happens to be one of my most favourite works of the last several years.

So much that I used part of the lyrics in my signature. The contents of the song concern one Quentin Crisp, a controversial British author who emigrated to the United States.

"Modesty, propriety, can lead to notoriety
you could end up as the only one.
Gentleness, sobriety
are rare in this society
At night a candle's brighter than the sun"

The last line in particular allowed me to hang on to some kind of hope, and still did before it got to this point.
I enjoy the light, weightless aspect of the music, but the lyrics are amazing. I think this song would provide more hope and comfort to me than an intentional motivational song; it's subtlety empowering, honest in its storytelling, beautiful in its execution.

Those are just my thoughts anyway, I appreciate you posting such a personal, important piece of work <3

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Pentobartbital
A

adam

Mar 21, 2019
@Weeping Garbage Can Special for you~~

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and WOODESITY
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
@Weeping Garbage Can Special for you~~
I'm touched! Thank you, rhizome, for sharing this track with me. Another lovely song added to my playlist, my repeat button will surely get broken, thanks to you and @Pentobartbital :-)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019

This track is really neat, especially around 04:00. There was a time I'd wanted to use an excerpt of this track in the opening of an anime series I wanted to pitch.

• Love
Reactions: DeepMind and Weeping Garbage Can
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
This track is really neat, especially around 04:00. There was a time I'd wanted to use an excerpt of this track in the opening of an anime series I wanted to pitch.
This track feels so familiar, like home to me. Seriously, I know I keep on repeating myself, but thanks for posting! You have an awesome taste in music, imo. Never stop posting on anyone else's account, I'll fight them! :D And what type of anime series were you planning on pitching, if I may ask?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Pentobartbital
DeepMind

DeepMind

Mar 26, 2019
I'm sorry, but I like this song right now.

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019
@Weeping Garbage Can

thank you very much! I hope I can post more for you to enjoy. The show I'd wanted to sell would be a far-future science fiction series, specifically that of the mecha subgenre. It was one of the dystopian works I'd told you about before.

• Love
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I'm sorry, but I like this song right now.
Please don't apologize, DeepMind, this lovely song made my cry, I think I needed it. I felt understood, like I had a friend <3 Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it ❤️
@Weeping Garbage Can

thank you very much! I hope I can post more for you to enjoy. The show I'd wanted to sell would be a far-future science fiction series, specifically that of the mecha subgenre. It was one of the dystopian works I'd told you about before.
This song was really comforting as well, very cathartic, it also made my cry, thank you for your constant song giving, it means a lot to me :,-) "loving you is all I knew" I love this line a lot <3

Now you're intriguing me! A far-future science fiction series of the mecha subgenre? I hope I can have the pleasure of viewing this piece of yours, if that's alright with you? ❤️

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, Swisher and 2 others
DeepMind

DeepMind

Mar 26, 2019
Please don't apologize, DeepMind, this lovely song made my cry, I think I needed it. I felt understood, like I had a friend <3 Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it ❤

Glad you enjoyed it. Touched my soul as well. 9687

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Pentobartbital and Weeping Garbage Can
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, Swisher and 2 others
ZixivaldYrxes

ZixivaldYrxes

Archduke Demoness Villaintropic
Apr 3, 2019

The latter is based on a greek myth about a sea god who falls in love with and relentlessly pursues a mortal woman of exceptional purity who is terrified of him. In the end, he succeeds in essentially raping her when she is transformed into a stream of water as a miscalculated evasive technique, and they meld in the seas. Symbolizes my relationship with death, or the eternal, maybe anyone can relate.

The former is just how I feel about myself.

Lol

God I fucking hate all of you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jc40, Roberto and Weeping Garbage Can
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018

• Love
Reactions: Serial Experi Pain, Jc40, littlepillbox and 5 others
iix.em

iix.em

agony
Mar 7, 2019
Yung Lean - Agony

This song specifically I fell in love with because of how much I can understand and feel the meaning behind each line and also I love yung lean. I can translate to my own life because tbh the only thing keeping me here is one person. I find it hard to control my thoughts and seem to be losing it everyday wishing for an easy end but seem to be held back by this one being keeping me level. I am not okay when I'm alone but this song usually helps me realize all when I'm on the verge of losing my mind because it makes me face my reality. It seems so pure, the lyrics and the overall tone of the song which only makes it more meaningful. It's more about love for me, I live and exist for this person but say that goes away and I'm nothing, trapped in my own horrible mind which is the reality of me.

When I'm afraid I lose my mind It's fine,
it happens all the time
Isolation caved in I adore you,
the sound of your skin

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain and 21Neberg
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
@ZixivaldYrxes @kkatt thank you both for sharing, I think my playlist will be glorious with these additions :D

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, throwaway777 and 1 other person
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Just make it painless

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain, AutumnEmbers, Your Own Ghost and 1 other person
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and Walilamdzi
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Fear of crashing and not coming back
Oct 18, 2018

I find this song rather emotive in different ways throughout, plus many lyrics resonate. "I heard that journeys end in lovers meeting but my journey ends when my heart stops beating, I'm leaving".

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019

• Love
Reactions: Serial Experi Pain and Weeping Garbage Can
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I came across this recently … made me cry. I am so weak. I feel guilty when so many other people have it worse than I do.
I don't listen to much Country music but I like some.

• Love
Reactions: Circles and Weeping Garbage Can
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I find this song rather emotive in different ways throughout, plus many lyrics resonate. "I heard that journeys end in lovers meeting but my journey ends when my heart stops beating, I'm leaving".
Thank you so much for sharing this lovely masterpiece; I think the lyrics especially shine in their beauty with the enchanting style of the music. I can imagine it's an optimal song to lose one's pain in. ❤️

I've never heard anything like this, and I mean it in the best way possible. I think you always find the most amazingly interesting of music :-)

I needed to hear this again, and I didn't even know it! Thank you for posting; listening to Avicii's Levels was a happy trip of nostalgia for me, to more innocent times <3
I came across this recently … made me cry. I am so weak. I feel guilty when so many other people have it worse than I do.
I don't listen to much Country music but I like some.
If you're weak for crying to a lovely piece of emotional music, then I am the weakest of them all. You've made me like a Country song, which I previously thought was impossible, so thank you. The singer's voice sounds like a comforting friend, to me ❤️

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Your Own Ghost

Your Own Ghost

Human
Mar 12, 2019

Good cover of Radiohead's Creep.

Reactions: Circles and Weeping Garbage Can
littlepillbox

littlepillbox

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone like King Krule? if jazzy Tom Waits had a baby with "Mezzanine"-era Massive Attack

all his music is great for wandering alone, drinking, public transit etc.
anytime you can lose yourself in thoughts and/or feel empty, ennui, morose.

Reactions: whatever1111, Weeping Garbage Can and coileanbeag
littlepillbox

littlepillbox

Mar 4, 2019

one of the smoothest and creative albums ever made by one of the best bands around today, TTNG (formerly This Town Needs Guns)
they also have a song about suicide and trying to understand why one of his friends killed herself called "Consoling Ghosts" that was incredible to experience live:

Reactions: Circles, Weeping Garbage Can, coileanbeag and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this lovely masterpiece; I think the lyrics especially shine in their beauty with the enchanting style of the music. I can imagine it's an optimal song to lose one's pain in. ❤

I've never heard anything like this, and I mean it in the best way possible. I think you always find the most amazingly interesting of music :-)

I needed to hear this again, and I didn't even know it! Thank you for posting; listening to Avicii's Levels was a happy trip of nostalgia for me, to more innocent times <3

If you're weak for crying to a lovely piece of emotional music, then I am the weakest of them all. You've made me like a Country song, which I previously thought was impossible, so thank you. The singer's voice sounds like a comforting friend, to me ❤

You're welcome. :hug: I don't listen to a lot of country music either. I usually just come across something I like on youtube.
This one reminds me of an ex gf. Found it a few years ago.

Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I want to thank all of you for sharing music. The songs you shared have helped me get through draining moments; I felt like I had a friend to take away some of the pain. Music is so dear to me, again, thank you all so much <3

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, coileanbeag and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I want to thank all of you for sharing music. The songs you shared have helped me get through draining moments; I felt like I had a friend to take away some of the pain. Music is so dear to me, again, thank you all so much <3

I wish I hade time to listen to everything posted. :'( I will never catch up now.

Reactions: Circles, coileanbeag and Weeping Garbage Can
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I wish I hade time to listen to everything posted. :'( I will never catch up now.
Hmm, during a work day or while completing household chores, you could play the songs in the background? Also, maybe it would help to listen to page 1 songs one day, page 2 songs the second day, page 3 the third day, etc?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles