ChaosArashi

ChaosArashi

Oct 8, 2024
I've always really been into music, play guitar, keyboard, would love to learn drums. I have so many songs and artists that have literally kept me from ending it. My first attempt was at 13, lost count. Does anyone else have music playlists they have for certain moods? Like I have when I need a good cry, when I'm super exhausted or overwhelmed, ones when I just want to end it, ones to wake up and be energized, ones to sleep. I literally have music on 24/7/365. I get made fun of because I like all kinds of music. I am "old" (53) and am a huge BTS Army, love K-pop, EDM, Dance, Electronic, but I love other American music too, Citizen Soldier, Pink, Halsey, Bruno Mars, Some country like Jellyroll, rap like Eminem, Alan Walker is my fav Alternative. Do you get made fun of for the kind of music you like? Like why do people feel the need to bash on what makes someone happy? I'm not hurting anyone. Just one more thing that makes me hate it here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and donnietello
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
The closest that I have to a playlist for certain moods is a playlist that I listen to when I'm high. It's mostly just songs by Enjoy though, lol. I mostly listen to rock and electronic music. A lot of the music I listen to falls under the alternative/indie category. I've never been made fun of for my taste in music since I don't tend to tell others what I listen to, especially irl. I also don't have anyone to really share my taste in music with outside of this site, with the exception of my dad and bf.

People tend to make fun of other tastes in music for the same reason people make fun of others taste in anything. It's usually just a superiority complex thing. There is also the misogyny aspect of it since anything that is predominantly enjoyed by girls (especially teen girls) is looked down upon.

Reactions: ChaosArashi
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I've always really been into music, play guitar, keyboard, would love to learn drums. I have so many songs and artists that have literally kept me from ending it. My first attempt was at 13, lost count. Does anyone else have music playlists they have for certain moods? Like I have when I need a good cry, when I'm super exhausted or overwhelmed, ones when I just want to end it, ones to wake up and be energized, ones to sleep. I literally have music on 24/7/365. I get made fun of because I like all kinds of music. I am "old" (53) and am a huge BTS Army, love K-pop, EDM, Dance, Electronic, but I love other American music too, Citizen Soldier, Pink, Halsey, Bruno Mars, Some country like Jellyroll, rap like Eminem, Alan Walker is my fav Alternative. Do you get made fun of for the kind of music you like? Like why do people feel the need to bash on what makes someone happy? I'm not hurting anyone. Just one more thing that makes me hate it here.
My mom was like you, she really kept up with new music as she aged. She had a giant CD collection. Sometimes she'd know about new bands before my friends and I had ever heard of them. I always thought it was cool, not weird.

• Love
Reactions: donnietello
donnietello

donnietello

a walking curse
Aug 13, 2023
i have probably over 20+ emotionally charged playlists that have helped me get through since id say around middle school, listening to one right now actually. id say i also listen to music 24/7/365 atp. i stay at home with the dogs and my earbuds, and that's most of the company i need for the day.

i think it's super cool that you allow yourself to enjoy a variety of music so much, and it's even cooler that you've learned how to be a part of it through learning how to play instruments. i've only been able to kinda learn the viola. drums sound like a fun thing to practice too, so much movement can go into it! it sounds like a fun emotional outlet.
music's honestly a wonderful thing humans have expanded on. i feel like it speaks to our souls. like music's just meant to be there for you when nobody else will be.

i have gotten made fun of and if im being honest yelled at for my music vibe, i don't like sharing the vibes i enjoy with people im around much because of it and let the aux hang out with someone else. it sucks fr to say the least
the only comfort in it is knowing that i'm not some dude targeting someone over some tunes for a small spark of adrenaline thatll be lost in a couple seconds. keep enjoying your music. hope this was okay to say