A

apple_seeds

Jul 12, 2020
Trial: 6 tablespoons (not sure mine is the standard size of France) of apple seeds accumulated in more than 9 or 10 months of "one apple per day".
That's a lot of seeds.
Searched a lot about this but found not much.

Grinded by the teeth so it's a bit long to grind well. But it's more doable that I though.
The taste like bitter almonds but it's light enough.

Sources:
> To get that from apple seeds you'd need to eat 60 g to 100 g of seeds

> You would need to finely chew and eat 200 apple seeds (20 apple cores (you can eat the whole apple but core needs to be included) )

> Apple seeds contain traces of hydrogen cyanide. Lots of seeds and pips do. Peach pits contain a lot.

> You would need to finely chew and eat about 200 apple seeds, or about 40 apple cores, to receive a fatal dose.

edit: the shell of the seed isn't much an issue

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Hello @apple_seeds - I'm sorry about whatever brought you to contemplate this. Are you currently in the process of ingesting the seeds? Please be careful. I worry that it would be a very painful method.

C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
i had a family memeber who ate sunflower seeds thinking it'd cure her cancer instead of chemo but this is a whole other level.

A

apple_seeds

Jul 12, 2020
Thanks for your kind thoughs. @Soul :)
Indeed that might be painful. At least I have a bucket in case I regurgitate everything...
And I have some alprazolam to help staying cool. (nothing to report for the moment)

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Is 6 tablespoons what you've eaten so far? How many seeds fit in a tablespoon - about 20? Did you fast before eating them - is your stomach empty? Are you drinking water?

I'm worried that even if you vomit you could badly mess yourself up. But in fact I know very little about it so ... please be careful, and keep us updated, ok?

Angina

Angina

>>AnginA<<
Jun 27, 2020
Stop this nonsense. No-one is going to die from eating some apple seeds.

Reactions: Maxivee
A

apple_seeds

Jul 12, 2020
I'm actually finishing my whole "stock"
So I'm adding around 7 tablespoons.
That's would be in totally around 13 tablespoons gather within 19 or 20 months of "one apple per day" (mainly granny smith because they seemed to have more seeds).

Actually I'm stopping leaving 2.5 or 3 tablespoons. This is just too tiresome to chew so much and don't want to drink to much water to help. I'm full ^^
Is 6 tablespoons what you've eaten so far? How many seeds fit in a tablespoon - about 20? Did you fast before eating them - is your stomach empty? Are you drinking water?

I'm worried that even if you vomit you could badly mess yourself up. But in fact I know very little about it so ... please be careful, and keep us updated, ok?

How many seeds: around 160

Did you fast before eating them: 12 hours since last meal.

Are you drinking water: I had to to be able to eat so many. Between 1L and 750ml

keep us updated, ok: I'll try to :)
Stop this nonsense. No-one is going to die from eating some apple seeds.

At least we will have a documented trial concluding no.

Last edited:
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'm not convinced by this method. The tiny tiny amount of amygdalin in apple seeds are protected by the outer shell of the seed. So apple seeds don't actually contain cyanide. It only becomes cyanide in your stomach. Simply chewing them won't be enough to expose all the amygdalin. It's more likely that you'll be suffering from stomach pain and vomiting etc. You'd also have to factor in how big you are/how much you weigh etc

Reactions: Angina
Angina

Angina

>>AnginA<<
Jun 27, 2020
I'm actually finishing my whole "stock"
So I'm adding around 7 tablespoons.
That's would be in totally around 13 tablespoons gather within 19 or 20 months of "one apple per day" (mainly granny smith because they seemed to have more seeds).

Actually I'm stopping leaving 2.5 or 3 tablespoons. This is just too tiresome to chew so much and don't want to drink to much water to help. I'm full ^^

How many seeds: around 160

Did you fast before eating them: 12 hours since last meal.

Are you drinking water: I had to to be able to eat so many. Between 1L and 750ml

keep us updated, ok: I'll try to :)

At least we will have a documented trial concluding no.

That's crazy. Worse than eating rat poison. Sorry.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
if you've spent several months or a year collecting seeds, wouldn't the seeds go bad or lose potency etc?

Reactions: apple_seeds
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Random aside: Use a coffee grinder to grind seeds.

I heard a rumour that apricot stones etc are removed from prison food. But I also know you can buy apricot kernels as a 'health food'.

I'd advise against this, anyway.

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
@apple_seeds, how are you feeling?

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Please see attached post and read the calculations for lethal dose..
This is cherries which are much larger and you need thousands !! And you need to grind them prior. There's a process but it's not easy line everyone thinks .

Also, from Reddit:

"
Here is the math

TL;DR:

29.4 grams of cherry kernels x 0.17% HCN = 50mg of cyanide
One cherry pit weighs about 1 gram, so you're going to have to eat about 30 crushed cherry pits to die a horrible death.

UPDATE (2019-06-04): /u/MrMerati reached out and pointed out that the cherry pit amygdalin content cited on that page is (probably) wrong [Bolarinwa et al.]. So with new values of 0.27% (≈0.016% HCN by mass) for black cherries and 0.4% (≈0.024% HCN by mass) for red, we get the following lowest lethal amounts:

50mg / 0.016% = 312.5g ≈ 313 black cherry pits.
50mg / 0.024% = 208.3g ≈ 209 red cherry pits"

And that's just to get like 50mg

So you'd theoretically need 30 times that much, or 9,000 cherry pits

Although, the 1.5g cyanide painless dose is for potassium cyanide/KCN so I'm not sure how that changes in regard to hydrogen cyanide

This guy dissolves gold with however many cherry pits this is, which I can't tell by eye:

Edit: The 9,000 cherry pits number seems way off, maybe it would be in the 1,800-2,000 range, which is still impractically high

A

apple_seeds

Jul 12, 2020
and a poster in extreme gastro agony puking his guts up.

After 10 hours absolutely nothing happened.
I'm not convinced by this method. The tiny tiny amount of amygdalin in apple seeds are protected by the outer shell of the seed. So apple seeds don't actually contain cyanide. It only becomes cyanide in your stomach. Simply chewing them won't be enough to expose all the amygdalin. It's more likely that you'll be suffering from stomach pain and vomiting etc. You'd also have to factor in how big you are/how much you weigh etc

«Simply chewing them won't be enough to expose all the amygdalin» I guess that's what happened. My plan since the beginning was to get a mortar of pharmacy type. Never go motivated enough to success.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
After 10 hours absolutely nothing happened.

I'm sorry that you didn't suck seed... Sorry for that awful pun as well!

As others have pointed out, there are various reasons why the seed/cyanide suicide method is little more than a 'vapour method' - the same as the 'air vein injection'. Theoretically possible, practically infeasible.

I'm sorry that you felt driven to this though, but so far as failed attempts go - I'm thankful that you're not suffering any debilitatingly painful or unpleasant effects. Most off all, I hope that you find peace, whether or not you still feel compelled to CTB at some point in the future.

Hugs

A

apple_seeds

Jul 12, 2020
if you've spent several months or a year collecting seeds, wouldn't the seeds go bad or lose potency etc?

That was the biggest caveat of the plan. They did still taste like bitter almonds though. So I had hope.

edit: they didn't went visibly bad. They just dried.
I heard a rumour that apricot stones etc are removed from prison food. But I also know you can buy apricot kernels as a 'health food'.

I searched about this and found more info but contradictory and might need impractical quantities

> approximately concentration of cyanide in apricot pits varies widely and ranges from 89 to 2170 mg cyanide / kg pit.

> acquire the necessary 10,000 wild apricot kernels.
@apple_seeds, how are you feeling?

Physically fine for now. (After 10 hours from the beginning.

Please see attached post and read the calculations for lethal dose..
This is cherries which are much larger and you need thousands !! And you need to grind them prior. There's a process but it's not easy line everyone thinks .
«are much larger» That doesn't mean more amygdalin.

I'm sorry that you didn't suck seed... Sorry for that awful pun as well!

^^

I'm sorry that you felt driven to this though, but so far as failed attempts go - I'm thankful that you're not suffering any debilitatingly painful or unpleasant effects. Most off all, I hope that you find peace, whether or not you still feel compelled to CTB at some point in the future.

Thanks for you support <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
@apple_seeds, I'm glad you're not having any bad effects and I hope you stay that way. Thank you for telling us about your research. x

Reactions: apple_seeds