WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Post links of mainstream media reporting false information, including and especially instances of media flat out lying.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Fragile, justsayin, waitingforrest and 7 others
D

Deleted member 8975

I admire the boldness and daring of the thread title and thread itself :)

Reactions: kitch, justsayin and demuic
EvilStepSister

EvilStepSister

Feb 15, 2022
You could put about 90% of what's published by MSM in this thread 😅

• Yay!
Reactions: justsayin, pthnrdnojvsc, demuic and 1 other person
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
They're doing the same stuff with this Ukraine stuff.

Reactions: GentleJerk, justsayin and hungry_ghost
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
They're doing the same stuff with this Ukraine stuff.
Absolutely.

54gflev0ljk81.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WoAiGou
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Another M.S.M. lie..... I can't dance or do the Conga. 😁😜🤪

• Yay!
Reactions: callme and Rogue Proxy
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
I found the following from the Youtube channel "Orthodox Church", which represents what I believe is a lie of omission by the MSM:

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxZJbpBq1cP7asPUOX8EfSQ9jiHQxVY_bV

We tried to avoid the painful subject of war in Ukraine, but there are just so many comments and questions coming. We are forced to comment the subject.
First, the war did not start 3 days ago, it started back in 2014, at Maidan Revolution that was sponsored by the Western Powers to topple pro-Russian government.
Most of the People do not know the history of Ukraine. Today's Ukraine is made of 3 groups of People. The first are central Ukrainians, who were neutral and had mixed feelings about both west and Russia, most of them speak Russian. The second group are southern and eastern Ukrainians, who speak Russian and consider themselves to be Russian mostly. They live in Odessa, Crimea, Donbas, Kharkov. The third and smallest group are western Ukrainians with their center in Lvov, they are extremely Russophobe, and they are not Orthodox Christians, they are mostly Roman-catholic Uniates or Latin rite, and they do not speak Russian. They speak Ukrainian, which is so similar to Russian, that many think that it is more about different dialects. These Western Ukrainians, they are the left overs of once powerful Poland that competed for Ukraine with Russia. This unnatural union of 3 different minded groups of People was created by Lenin for the first time 100 years ago, and therefor we have a civil war for the last 8 years, and it is not the first one. Millions of Russian-speaking Ukrainians were killed by the Western-Ukrainians during HItler's occupation of Ukraine. Historically Ukraine was only Kiev and lands that surround it. Ukraine in both Russian and Ukrainian literally means - border land. So to be Ukrainian would mean to be Borderian. And indeed, Ukraine became border of many competing super powers. But it is a historical fact that Russian Christian culture started in Kiev, but Russians failed to spread to the west, so they did to the East and moved their political center to Moscow and St. Petersburg.
During the Second World War, Western Ukrainians for various reasons, joined Hitler to fight the USSR, and to this day, Western Ukraine remains a lair of neo-NAZIsm and Banderisam (Bandera - Ukrainian NAZI Leader).
The New pro-western government that was established in 2014, has banned Russian language in public and has unleashed neo-NAZI Banderists across Kiev, and Russian-speaking Eastern and Southern Ukraine, they even managed to burn 39 Russian Ukrainians alive in Odessa's Trade Union Hall. These events triggered a war in Eastern Donbas Region and Crimea's separation.
For 8 years war in Eastern Ukraine lasts, killing 14 000 People, mostly Russian speaking civilians.
In 2018 Ukraine ends strategic Partnership agreement with Russia and says it wants to enter NATO. Russia being the super-power does not want US-NATO troops and missiles in Ukraine, and that is why we have this tragic invasion.
Both Ukraine and Russia belong to the Jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church. Patriarch of Moscow Cyril is in very bad position, because both Ukrainian Orthodox Church and many Ukrainian Soldiers and Russian Soldiers are under his spiritual care. If he condemns the invasion that could end the 8 year war and russophobe and anti-Orthodox Government, he does no good to his People in Ukraine and Church. But if he embraces war, he abandons many central and western Ukrainians who are loyal to the Moscow Patriarchate, but are willing to defend current Ukraine, and also many who are just conscripts.

Reactions: Altvtysp and kitch
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Remember when Kyle Rittenhouse was attacked by an angry armed mob, and CNN and other outlets painted him as the bad guy for defending himself? This was less than 2 years ago.

Reactions: lostundead and PreussenBlueJay
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Jan 18, 2022

Remember when Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC all agreed upon and hyped something together?

The MSM will always step in and hold our leaders accountable and ask them the tough questions. If someone gets paid to make comments about babies in incubators, for example, the truth will come out before a colossal mistake is made.

Last edited:
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I found the following from the Youtube channel "Orthodox Church"
Ah, the church...

The New pro-western government that was established in 2014, has banned Russian language in public and has unleashed neo-NAZI Banderists across Kiev, and Russian-speaking Eastern and Southern Ukraine, they even managed to burn 39 Russian Ukrainians alive in Odessa's Trade Union Hall. These events triggered a war in Eastern Donbas Region and Crimea's separation.
Odessa's Trade Union Hall is a very tragic and complicated story. But other than that, I'm sorry but this is bullshit for 3 reasons:
1) It was never forbidden to speak Russian in public anywhere in Ukraine. A law like that doesn't exist and never existed and I don't know a single person that was attacked by literally anyone for speaking Russian in public beyond just being criticized. There is a questionable law that requires that addressing customers at work you should talk to them in Ukrainian by default, unless requested otherwise, or you might end up paying a small fine. Most Russian-speaking people view it as a minor inconvenience. Certainly not something worth starting a war over.
2) I am going to be objective. Do NeoNazis exist in Ukraine? Certainly. Were they unusually active in 2014? Definitely (but so was every single other political group). Were they wearing hate symbold and shouting hate speech. Absolutely! Were there many people that said Bandera (a Nazi collaborationist for those who don't know who the fck that is, not a very successful one though because after a few disagreements with them he spent most of the WWII in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp) wasn't that bad? Yes! Did they say it because they like Nazis? No, if you'd ask some average Joe saying that what exactly Bandera was doing at all - they'd say "fight Stalin and his army!" and then when you remind them about the existence of the Jewish people their brain usually would halt. Yes, those people are/were dangerous morons and should be ashamed of themselves for making bold statements about horrible historic events without knowing what the hell they are talking about. Yes, we had a lot of them. Thankfully, this died down within a year or so. All that was left was the "Glory to Ukraine!" slogan, which on one hand, is really kind of Deutchland uber allen, but on the other it is older than Bandera and most people don't really associate it with WWII and just take it literally. Is it wrong to use it? Maybe. Is it something worth starting a war over though?
But. Were there NeoNazis armed by the governmentin the street in 2014? Didn't see a single one that was armed at all. Were they spreading terror and violence everywhere? I've been to Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv and a small town in South Ukraine in 2014. The most violent action by a NeoNazi that I witnessed with my own eyes was one of them throwing a rock at a shop window. He was then promptly arrested and his buddies went running as soon as saw the police. I don't say there couldn't be more violence that I didn't see. But if it was really everywhere I would see it. Plus my first language is Russian and I very much speak it in public 95% of the time.

3) The people in power in Ukraine now are not the same people that were in power in 2014-2015. There was an election, and the guys that were in power in 2014 lost. There is a new president and a totally different government. Zelensky wasn't in politics at all before 2019. When Odessa Trade Union Hall was burning, Zelensky was a host on a comedy TV show. He ended up being a president, because the general public had so much distrust and disdain for all the politicians that were operating in any capacity in 2014-2015 that they en masse voted for what was, essentially, a joke candidate simply because he wasn't one of them.

Sorry, I feel obligated to point out the bullshit because I am an eyewitness and there are people dying here right now because of this bullshit. No comments on what Lenin did 100 years ago, I wasn't there. But I was very much there in 2014.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, PreussenBlueJay, kitch and 3 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Sorry, I feel obligated to point out the bullshit because I am an eyewitness and there are people dying here right now because of this bullshit. No comments on what Lenin did 100 years ago, I wasn't there. But I was very much there in 2014.

Please don't worry too much about those who have fallen hook, line and sinker for the horrible lies from the Kremlin's domestic and/or overseas propaganda machine. There are not going to believe you whatever you say, they are irredeemable.

Reactions: NumbItAll
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Jan 18, 2022
Thanks for the long reply. It's very informative and valuable to have someone who was there respond to this post. I remember all the way back in 2007 when Putin made comments about how he absolutely would not accept neighboring countries to become part of NATO and to me that makes the most sense to explain the present war, he's basically very stubborn about the goings-on in places like Ukraine and Georgia and holding steadfast to his red line, an action of which I disapprove. I think we are all well past the time of letting go of great power struggles.

• Love
Reactions: lostundead, WrongPlaceWrongTime and GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Please don't worry too much about those who have fallen hook, line and sinker for the horrible lies from the Kremlin's domestic and/or overseas propaganda machine. There are not going to believe you whatever you say, they are irredeemable.
People who fell for lies, no matter how horrible, are definitely not irredeemable if they are willing to at least hear out and consider an alternative point of view and look at the evidence. Anyone can be fooled. All media has an agenda and everybody lies. I have our Ukrainian news stream, Russian official news (that are really hard to watch tbh), Russian opposition-supported TV channels (at least until they were all shut down today), Fox News and CNN running 24/7 at the same time, so between them I can compare/constrast/analyze and then hopefully figure out what is REALLY going on out there. I wouldn't have much hope sharing information somewhere on a Russian site full of people in an endless feedback loop of reconfirming each-others paranoia about NATO Nazis installing nukes all around Ukraine to attack Russia and burning Russian people in the streets here, so Russia "had no choice". But there are people here from all around the world here, and you are 100% right by questioning your media and asking yourself "could Russia be the one telling the truth?", because if you don't question what is fed to you by the news you might end up just like these paranoid Russians. But all I want is to provide a first-hand-experience account of events and some facts to inform people. I'm not claiming to be an expert on what is going on in Putin's head or what would happen in 20 years and if Russias fears about Ukraine joining NATO for real were justified, but I can share details that you might not know but there is factual evidence, and the things I saw with my own eyes. I feel obligated to do so. You can look through my old messages and see that I have been here since 2020 and wasn't talking politics or discussing Putin or my country in any capacity before, well, my world collapsed, but had an active account discussing mundane stuff and playing games, so I am not some paid agent of a political power or a brainwashed radical.

It's very informative and valuable to have someone who was there respond to this post. I remember all the way back in 2007 when Putin made comments about how he absolutely would not accept neighboring countries to become part of NATO and to me that makes the most sense to explain the present war, he's basically very stubborn about the goings-on in places like Ukraine and Georgia and holding steadfast to his red line, an action of which I disapprove. I think we are all well past the time of letting go of great power struggles.
You are very right and sound like a very intelligent person. Thank you for hearing me out. I was in no way attacking you for sharing what you shared, just providing evidence as to why this information is also false.

TLDR: All of you are very correct for questioning if media is telling the truth, or you might end up the very radicalised people that, even presented with evidence of war crimes commited by an army you support, will still say "Well, they deserved it".
But it is also important not to fall into the other extreme and to assume media is lying 100% of the time and any marginalized conspiracy theory must be true. My endless respect to everyone, who is comparing different sources, analyzes the results and questions everything.:heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lostundead, Depressed Cat, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
@Nessie , I truly admire your calm, composed nature in the face of great adversity, and the absolutely heroic and stoic nature of the Ukrainian nation and people as a whole while facing this horrible genocide and war crimes unleashed in Ukraine by a megalomaniac mass-murderer who believes he has become invincible.

You and the Ukrainian nation and people as a whole are exceptionally brave. You have a collective and individual inner strength that I've never seen before. Stay safe please. 💙💛

Слава Україні! Героям слава! 🇺🇦