Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Today, a student of mine fell very ill

His friend informed me that he was crying. I immediately went to check on him

He was sitting in his chair curled up. His arms and legs were stuffed in his shirt. His eyes were wet with tears and he was shivering. Note the room was not cold and the other children were fine

I kneeled down to him and asked "Are you ok?" he shook his head. Poor boy couldn't even speak

I then asked if he wanted to talk. He also shook his head

The other students were mentioning his body was hot. I asked if I could touch his forehead. He nodded

You guys....he was burning. I told him to rest while I got the nurse. A para in the room had him sit with her away from the other students

I managed to get a hold of my director who sent the school social worker to take him

They were having a hard time getting a hold of his parents, and requested 2 oversized t shirts to make a blanket for him

On top of this, another student was feeling ill. I was worried for the boy while also attending to another Childs needs

Thankfully his father ended up picking him up within an hour. I hope he is getting the rest/love he deserves

For me, talking to him and touching his head made me feel, I dont know, motherly? I'm glad he felt safe enough with me to let me do that and get him the help he needs

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, outatime_85, Forever Sleep and 1 other person