ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018

What do you guys think of this?

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 11 others
Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
Her mom probably made her want to commit suicide.

Reactions: Élégie, Wolfjob_dayjob, BlackDragonof1989 and 18 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Has to be horrible for the daughter. To go this far, to even attempt to end her own life and still get absolutely zero support from her mother.

Reactions: Élégie, J.E. Morrow, BlackDragonof1989 and 15 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Her mom probably made her want to commit suicide.
I was thinking along the same lines, there's definitely a lack of understanding and support on her mother's part which almost certainly contributed to the daughter wanting to ctb.

Reactions: Élégie, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 11 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Has to be horrible for the daughter. To go this far, to even attempt to end her own life and still get absolutely zero support from her mother.
Yeah, even after two attempts she doesn't seem that bothered. To me she came across as wanting to be viewed as the victim in the situation, with the comments about her daughter doing it to hurt her and whatnot

Reactions: Élégie, Wolfjob_dayjob, BlackDragonof1989 and 14 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, even after two attempts she doesn't seem that bothered. To me she came across as wanting to be viewed as the victim in the situation, with the comments about her daughter doing it to hurt her and whatnot

I think I'm starting to understand why that daughter would want to CTB...

In all seriousness, I feel horrible for her. I haven't watched the entire episode so I don't know what treatment they got but that mother is not supporting her child in any way.

Reactions: Élégie, Wolfjob_dayjob, BlackDragonof1989 and 14 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
The mum is probably a narcissist who's enjoying the attention her "awful" daughter is getting for her. I can't understand how a parent can lack empathy for their own child. Especially a suicidal one.

Reactions: Élégie, Redt2go, Wolfjob_dayjob and 21 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I've never entirely trusted people who appear in talk-shows, but stories like that one happen all the time, and make me sad and angry.

Reactions: Élégie, Wolfjob_dayjob, BlackDragonof1989 and 18 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
This was me at thirteen after one attempt. I had zero support from my Mom.

Hard to watch this.

Also: what kind of Mother goes on Dr Phil like this?

This won't end well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, Redt2go, Wolfjob_dayjob and 19 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
That mom gives me the vibes as being a cold heartless person, who only cares about herself.
The proof is that she didn't even visit the hospital: Excuse? She couldn't get off work? Gotta call BS on that!
I really don't see any love that the mom has for her daughter.
And yah, this happens a LOT. That's why we have some people here, for just that reason.
It is so sad that some people have children, and then don't love them.
Why? I wish we knew. I wish there was some way to prevent this. But I just don't know.
;-;

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 13 others
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
This is like my family.
I did'nt watch the above video but i'm guessing the daughter successfully ctb.In which case she's at peace and the evil mother will still have to live on with the devil in her heart that will keep tormenting her.
Sorry.i've jumped to conclusions without watching the video.I don't have the heart to watch it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and 11 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
It is so sad that some people have children, and then don't love them.
Why? I wish we knew. I wish there was some way to prevent this. But I just don't know.

Yes (!). Nothing worse than cruel parents.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 7 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
Dr. Phil is a hack and scumbag...and all of these people have issues and TV isn't the place to deal with any of them. Sad to watch.

Morbid stories are profitable.

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
This was me at thirteen after one attempt. I had zero support from my Mom.

Hard to watch this.

Also: what kind of Mother goes on Dr Phil like this?

This won't end well.
It was similar for me after my parents found out I'd attempted, they were ashamed and didn't want me having treatment for the physical effects of the OD or for my actual depression. They tried to blackmail/scare me into not going to hospital and lying to the mental health teams.

Maybe the mother is trying to guilt or shame her daughter, or just likes the attention she'll get from being on TV.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
It was similar for me after my parents found out I'd attempted, they were ashamed and didn't want me having treatment for the physical effects of the OD or for my actual depression. They tried to blackmail/scare me into not going to hospital and lying to the mental health teams.

Maybe the mother is trying to guilt or shame her daughter, or just likes the attention she'll get from being on TV.

Sorry this happened to you also.
It's a hard realization to come to terms with, and no one should have to go through this.

I'll have more to post tomorrow about this.

Hugs.

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
The mothers reaction is very cold and bizarre. But the father, I think he is what inspired these feelings in her daughter to be honest, 15 year olds are very impressionable. This can happen if we ctb, might inspire family members to do the same unfortunately.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 6 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
The mothers reaction is very cold and bizarre. But the father, I think he is what inspired these feelings in her daughter to be honest, 15 year olds are very impressionable. This can happen if we ctb, might inspire family members to do the same unfortunately.

Both parents are insane tbqh.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 6 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
Both parents are insane tbqh.
I don't want sound like a cunt, but if I had a daughter I would never act the way he did, especially after she tried to commit suicide herself!

Well at least I'd like to think so.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
I don't have daughter now do I, and never will :(

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
The mum is probably a narcissist who's enjoying the attention her "awful" daughter is getting for her. I can't understand how a parent can lack empathy for their own child. Especially a suicidal one.
I can totally relate to this girl. My parents didn't even know I tried when I was 14 or 15, the extreme vomiting and being dressed at 3am didn't give it away. When I told them my mother said I did it to hurt her, ruin her anniversary, and to make her look like a horrible mother. My father slapped me and called me a bitch. No empathy or asking if I was ok....

I hope she got help. None of the adults there seemed to care about her.

Reactions: Élégie, Redt2go, Smilla and 13 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I can totally relate to this girl. My parents didn't even know I tried when I was 14 or 15, the extreme vomiting and being dressed at 3am didn't give it away. When I told them my mother said I did it to hurt her, ruin her anniversary, and to make her look like a horrible mother. My father slapped me and called me a bitch. No empathy or asking if I was ok....

I'm sorry you had to experience that, it's really awful. You're not alone here though and many of us understand how you're feeling and what you've been through. Sending hugs ♡

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 10 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
I'm sorry you had to experience that, it's really awful. You're not alone here though and many of us understand how you're feeling and what you've been through. Sending hugs ♡
Thank you, hugs well received. There are some really good people here.

Reactions: Redt2go, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019

Sending you a cuddle @SiArc, my mother visited me in a Psychiatric hospital when I was 19 after being transferred from time in intensive care and asked, "how could I do that to her, how could I be so selfish?"

We both got the best mothers... Love you xxxxx

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 10 others
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
to be fair there are indeed cases where a suicide attempt is more a cry for help then a serious effort to end a life

everyone is different

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
E

EmoIsNotAPhase

Jan 12, 2019
Sounds like my mom who couldn't handle my brother and me having problems at the same time so of course my brother gets the pass and I'm the bad person

Reactions: lost_soul83, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Dr. Phil is a hack and scumbag...
Totally agree. It is mostly dramatized for viewership and ratings.
That said, this shit really DOES happen irl!

Kdawg2018

Kdawg2018

Still here...
Nov 10, 2018
I LOL at this vid, sawy, I am in a dark place where everything suicidal is just funny to me now. I liked the dad's note. I don't like the mom, obvi, and I thought it was really funny where the daughter said that just cuz she hates his guts it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to use him LMFAO! I can relate to that

Reactions: lost_soul83, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
My father slapped me and called me a bitch.
I am so sorry that happened to you.
Some people are just garbage.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and 7 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
Sending you a cuddle @SiArc, my mother visited me in a Psychiatric hospital when I was 19 after being transferred from time in intensive care and asked, "how could I do that to her, how could I be so selfish?"

We both got the best mothers... Love you xxxxx
Oh she sounds like a gem. Why do people always think it is about them, how could we do it to them. It is about us, the individual. Bloody hell.

Much love back, feeling the cuddles.

Reactions: lost_soul83, Wolfjob_dayjob, therhydler and 9 others
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
Reactions: therhydler, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others