Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I'm sinking deeper and deeper into NEETdom. I keep to myself, isolated in my room, only leaving for food/water/bathroom, maybe to stretch my legs for a few minutes. Haven't left the house in a few days... haven't even gone further then the immediate outside zone in about 2 weeks; tho it's possible that's much more time, or I haven't left the house @all in that time, keeping track of that stuff is difficult with this lifestyle

Mother just complained how little I leave my room, what a bruh moment. For a few days she keep quiet about these issues, to I guess make up for that falling out we had...What, she expects take-backs to be that easy? It was always gonna be a temporary peace, and it seems like I was right.

Honestly know everyone in this whole ass house wishes I was gone, or wouldn't really mind it.

It's not like there's ever a real need for me to go out there, and isn't anything at all out there that interests me. I don't even really see the point of driving, it'd just be $$$ for the car, maintenance, gasoline, insurance, etc just to go to and from work and perhaps groceries/light shopping. No thanks, I'd be easier, or even outright necessary with where the economy is going, to make do without that. Tho it'd still limit my options, I really can't give a shit about the "real" world.

I'm just disappointing garbage, I can hear those who know me for real and don't have any "restraint" to spout the worst things, confirming it. If I'm just don't make the cut to be "useful" to this world I deserve to suffer/die; because while it says the contrary, actions speak louder then words. Outside of simply walking around I guess, there isn't anything out there for me.

Hell, that's ALL of life for me. All trash, all counterfeit. No one there for me, only ppl who happen to have obligations like mother, or the rest of the "family".

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, loopdaloop, Starry✧・゚Daze and 9 others
𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
Agreed they expect me to be all happy to be with them like that will resolve my issues. I really hate myself as for everyone that I've met are so self centered and only care what benefits them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, nohopeinmyheart and LoiteringClouds
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
My mom & stepdad hate that I spend all my time in the bedroom, too. I just go downstairs to cook & eat. I only go out for groceries, pharmacy, and appointments. I don't drive and public transit here is shit, so the idea of trying to do anything is too overwhelming.

Why can't they understand that this is not what we want life to be like and if we could do something different, we would?

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, Starry✧・゚Daze, TapeMachine and 1 other person
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I currently work for a company but I know my end state is going to be a recluse NEET who does nothing. I can only keep up a work mask for so long and eventually will burn out. Really I am not built for the functioning world

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, loopdaloop, ChronicPain23 and 1 other person
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Basically a NEET myself and get a few complaints about it here and there.

Thankfully I'm in a better position than most of my family and I'm not in a lot of contact with them much either.

Sorry to hear family is giving you a hard time. Some people just simply don't understand depression.

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Starry✧・゚Daze, nohopeinmyheart and 2 others
irie

irie

Mar 10, 2023
sorry to hear that they're so unwilling to understand it, i am in a similar position myself and what people fail to understand is that if we could live differently, we absolutely would. severe depression makes it near impossible to find the will to do anything and it's really fucking painful to deal with

Reactions: NumbItAll, ChronicPain23 and Starry✧・゚Daze
lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
It's so easy to become trapped (for a lack of a better word) in a space like your room or house when it's the only safe spot that you have. I never understood why wanting to be safe and comfortable in your own life is considered a bad thing.

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, TapeMachine and LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
My parents don't get mad at me about being a NEET. I think they've given up already...

• Love
Reactions: dialogos, ChronicPain23, Starry✧・゚Daze and 1 other person
funeralcat

funeralcat

Mar 17, 2023
If I had no one around I wouldn't even eat or drink so i can die from starvation.

Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
I think it bothers my boyfriend that I rarely leave the walls of our house. Like @Sweet Tart, I only really leave for groceries, pharmacy, and appointments (though I sometimes even have my groceries delivered so I don't have to go to the store.)

I just find it difficult to WANT to be around people ever since I quit drinking alcohol a few years ago. I'd rather stay within the bounderies of this home, because here, I have control over temperature, noise, smells, everything. Here, I can feel relaxed, comfortable, safe...and most importantly, I don't have to put on a bunch of masks like I do in public.

But also, I can feel quite lonely and useless at times, and I know I should socialize at least a little bit...

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos and Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Sad thing is, that unemployment causes even more negative symptoms, like anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, etc. which makes it even harder to take care of your mental health. Add in the pressure from your relatives and this whole situation is so overwhelming that you just freeze. It's a vicious circle that's very hard to break.

I'm sorry you're going through hell rn. I'm experiencing something similar with my own boomer mom and it's devastating.

>>In case you want a potential strategy (skip this paragraph if you don't):
According to my therapist, the key lies in detaching one's self worth from the outside world. You basically have to learn to breathe for yourself again, not for anyone's expectations or society's pressure to function. It's a slow and heavy process and I haven't figured it out myself tbh.
I understand if that doesn't help you at all rn, since life seriously sucks and neetdom can be hell. It's especially hard when those people around you constantly remind you of everything that's going wrong in life. Yet, if there is even a slight chance my therapist's words could do something good for someone, it' worth writing down.<<

Sometimes I wish for something like a post-apocalypse. Overgrown cities, most humans long gone. Maybe life would still be as bad as it is right now. Or worse.
But imo surviving, exploring and protecting your loved ones would just make so much more sense than most stressful, exploitative 9-5 jobs and whatever 'norm'/life goals our current society has created.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dialogos and TapeMachine
ChronicPain23

ChronicPain23

Jun 22, 2023
I'm also NEET(5 years old), my mother can't stand that I spend most of my time in my room, and my father has already given up, I guess he knows that nothing will come of my life.
I'm a weirdo retard not fit to live in society.
Euthanasia machines should be available to the public.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Really have no energy to do anything. I've decided on my CTB dates:

Preliminary Dates:
10 Oct 2023
29 Oct 2023
26 Nov 2023 [Assuming all tasks finished by 31 Aug]
28 Nov 2023