• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
Orca image  104450553
Not all of them, there are competent therapists out there but dangggg there's also so many clueless people. What's your experience with CPTSD SA CSA and opening out about those or any other traumatic experiences?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, lifteddream, etherealspring and 5 others
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
Me when I say I got raped and always abandoned by everyone

and they be like

"JUST LET GO BRO*

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Willy Wonka, przeciwwymiotne and 1 other person
Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Dec 15, 2021
My experience so far: frustrating, impossible (unless you got money I guess)

• Hugs
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I've only had great experiences personally, acceptance that I am the broken one, not them made a big difference in my outlook.

They try their best but many of us are beyond talking therapy.

• Hmph!
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Allowing for the fact that the right match is needed between client and therapist, and of course it needs to be the right kind of therapy, delivered at the right time, therapy only works if the client does the work. Otherwise it's just the therapist talking and the client sitting there thinking "this doesn't work". Same as physio etc.

Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, przeciwwymiotne, Orange Cat and 1 other person
T

tvwowacct

Jun 15, 2024
I haven't been in therapy for 11 years because of it. But it's okay, I understand that it's hard to understand the human brain, I live in this head and still don't get it.

L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
When I go into my shrink's office, the receptionist already has my next appointment card ready to hand me. When go back to see the the guy, he asks a few perfunctory question while writing out a script. Oh, and he doesn't take any kind of insurance. Pure transactional bullshit. He gets $150 for a few minutes time and I get a piece of paper that allows me to buy some meds.

I will say my previous shrink who retired and later died was a very smart, compassionate, and insightful man who I think had me more or less "figured out".

• Hugs
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal and przeciwwymiotne
lifteddream

lifteddream

Jun 6, 2023
Allowing for the fact that the right match is needed between client and therapist, and of course it needs to be the right kind of therapy, delivered at the right time, therapy only works if the client does the work. Otherwise it's just the therapist talking and the client sitting there thinking "this doesn't work". Same as physio etc.
Good point, but there's also many, many, incompetent therapists out there, which is what I think OP was trying to say??

I've been looking for over a decade and how found my fair share of incompetence, both through insurance and out of pocket, and even psychiatrists too. Most seem to be significantly lacking which is appalling

• Hugs
Josh007

Josh007

Underwater Reflection
Nov 30, 2020
I guess people tend to assume that because therapists deal with sensitive issues they're more capable in their professions. Instead like any other profession the bulk of them only know enough to deal with mild issues and tend to be mediocre or lazy employees who can't wait to find an easier and higher paying job. The ones that we see in movies and TV shows and society loves to romanticize about are mostly in private practice and or higher paying jobs. The other good therapists are the supervisors you get referred to when the therapists you really liked gives up in trying to change your mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: rednights, astr4, Trav1989 and 2 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Good point, but there's also many, many, incompetent therapists out there, which is what I think OP was trying to say??

I've been looking for over a decade and how found my fair share of incompetence, both through insurance and out of pocket, and even psychiatrists too. Most seem to be significantly lacking which is appalling
Fair point also, but there's a lot of therapy bashing on here and I rarely see posts where someone points out that it's more comparable to something like physio which requires input from both parties than medication which is just a prescription and taking when and how it says. Finally, years ago I had one therapist who I thought was awful. Someone else in a support group had her at the same time and thought she was wonderful and really helped her. That's why I said it's also a match between the two parties. It's like any relationship. It's completely subjective.

T

Trav1989

Jun 2, 2024
I tried therapy a few times and my handful of experiences reinforced my belief that nobody knows what they are doing on this planet and that almost all of us are just going through the motions. Throwing out a few blanket statements tailored to fit an individuals personal flavor just seems silly to me. This tailor-made existence that solely consists of a "one size fits all" state of affairs where any who deviate from the norm are set up for failure. Thus therapy is used as society's vain attempt to reel in the outliers so they can become productive cogs in the machine and keep it running.

Never been a fan of anything pertaining to this life, not even gourmet food, fast cars, beautiful women, etc... It's all just throwing plaster over the bullet holes life shoots you with.

Reactions: divinemistress36
rednights

rednights

Jun 5, 2024
Therapy is very hit or miss, but I think it's worth trying. Thankfully I haven't personally had any experiences that were bad, just unhelpful at the worst. I do know people who have had worse experiences, though. Sadly there are indeed many therapists who are quite "miss".

They don't tend to have as much insight as I wished they did, but I think that may also be because the problems I have are not so easily solved. I am doubting there is even anything anybody could say that would convince me to be optomistic about things, sadly.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
We have to admit most therapists are helpful just because they listen to us and help us get it all out of our system in a safe way. But other than that therapy has been a huge disappointment so far for me. Somehow I used to be sure that they will know what to do and help me feel better immediately. But it turns out they're not magicians, they're faaaar from magicians and it's hard to see the point of therapy now..