N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I often think about incidents when I was bullied, mocked or abused. Either arbitrarily, due to obesity or because of mental illness.

I wonder how cruel people can be.

Lil Peep said in one of his interviews he learned from school when he was bullied that most people suck. I think me and Peep would not have liked each other much when we would have been in high school together.

We both experiened bullying but for different reasons. But one rarely is always only the victim. There were probably also moments when I treated other people badly.

I don't know most people here already suffer way too much concerning self-hatred. I don't know I often hate myself but I don't think I am a bad or evil person.

I don't know I should not develop the arrogance of the feeling of moral superiority.

But how can one find out whether one is good or bad? I know maybe these catagories are already part of the problem.

I think due to my own vulnerability I have become more sensitive towards injustice and mistreatment. I think in some instances I was an asshole when I was a teenager. Is the abuse and bullying an excuse for that? I don't know maybe partly.

I more and more lean towards the sentiment that many things in life are pretty arbitrary. Our genes, our personality, our environmemt, our success, luck and bad luck, our family, many illnesses etc.

I am still not into determinism and I think fatalism is dangerous because of self-fulfiling prophecies. But I think many things happen by chance and are hard to predict. One can try to enhance the chances of success but there are so many variables one cannot influence. Though there also a a lot of risky behaviors which have a high chance to ruin ones life.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739