• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
I've only met 3 mental health professionals in over a decade who cared about their jobs out of many. Others want to give a ton of medicines for depression and things as if drugs are the answer knowing they can have bad side effects.

If SSRIs make me fat and I can't orgasm why would I want them long term? Now I'm fat AND depressed AND can't orgasm.

Others who talk just to hear themselves speak without listening. Like if you worked in a profession that could be graded or measured for output you'd be fired. Some who try to treat people by a book or their training as if everyone is the same and have to slap a label on people early on.

No wonder some just smoke weed and don't care. Copays cost money and if you want a good one they can be $150 per session in the US. So you have to settle

Last edited:
B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
The reality is that psychiatry as a field is mostly non-scientific. Some drugs do have verifiable benefits for specific use cases, but SSRIs in particular are awful and more a product of marketing than any real science.

The other aspect is that most people don't have a "mental health problem" - they have LIFE problems. Whether that's economic issues, lack of family support, few social supportive ties, etc. But treating those problems requires much more complex solutions, such as expanding the social safety net.

The average psychiatrist also has perverse incentives. Many of them don't even participate in the insurance networks, so what ends up happening is that the best psychiatrists only accept cash payments from patients. And let's be honest - if you can afford a $400 payment every month, you probably don't have intractable issues.

That leaves the majority of the population at the mercy of "mid level practitioners" and whatever subsidized / community mental health treatment is available, and that's where you get the "SSRIs for everyone" problem.

On top of that, the profession is scared to use drugs that likely work pretty well for depression, like opioids, benzos, amphetamine, etc. because of poor government policies.

In summary: Yup.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
It's not just the therapists, it's every singular occupation. Nothing quite like affirmative action to slay the economy by filling every specialized job with quacks.
Quit your crap. All of my therapists have been white. Their eyes were glossed over. They didn't care except for a few. Why would you even say affirmative action? What does that have to do with this? Super weird.

The goal is to keep you as a zombie so you won't attempt ctb not actually help your depression it seems
That's how it feels. No treatment but in limbo.

Last edited:

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Quit your bs. All of my therapists have been white. Their eyes were glossed over. They didn't care except for a few. Why would you even say affirmative action? Super weird.

That's how it feels. No treatment but in limbo.
When's the last time you had some decent service, of any kind, in any establishment whatsoever?

Reactions: davidtorez
I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
When's the last time you had some decent service, of any kind, in any establishment whatsoever?
Are you the guy who blamed affirmative action for bad mental health professionals? I really don't know. At least 6 years or more. Most really just go through the motions.

I use doctors for their ability to prescribe meds. Most aren't useful to me.

Last edited:

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Are you the guy who blamed affirmative action for bad mental health professionals? Sorry! No. I really don't know. At least 6 years or more. Most really just go through the motions.

I use doctors for their ability to prescribe meds. Most aren't useful to me.
You didn't six years ago either. It's not a unique phenomenon to therapy. Every singular industry is full of idiots at best and crooks at worst.

Reactions: davidtorez
I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
I
You didn't six years ago either. It's not a unique phenomenon to therapy. Every singular industry is full of idiots at best and crooks at worst.
I find it's best to focus on what the therapist is trained in and your needs. Cognitive behavioral therapy is great. Other forms aren't depending on needs

Also don't blame affirmative action for random things. That's kinda racist and weird

Last edited:
JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
That's the thing—with me, even though maybe some therapists may have a more sincere intention to want to help their clients, at the end of the day it's just their job, so I can't really believe that they actually care about understanding and getting to know me as a person.. they just want to work on and see external progress as soon as possible so that they're "successful" in (their job) "helping" people get back to living life like most everyone else. I do think therapy can definitely be beneficial, but for me personally, it's only been a way to rant and get encouragement to keep on going... nothing really to do with understanding my thinking process or understanding things from another perspective... nothing really psychological... just cheering and a bunch of "you can do it!"...

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
It's not just the therapists, it's every singular occupation. Nothing quite like affirmative action to slay the economy by filling every specialized job with quacks.
Wtf?????
The reality is that psychiatry as a field is mostly non-scientific. Some drugs do have verifiable benefits for specific use cases, but SSRIs in particular are awful and more a product of marketing than any real science.

The other aspect is that most people don't have a "mental health problem" - they have LIFE problems. Whether that's economic issues, lack of family support, few social supportive ties, etc. But treating those problems requires much more complex solutions, such as expanding the social safety net.

The average psychiatrist also has perverse incentives. Many of them don't even participate in the insurance networks, so what ends up happening is that the best psychiatrists only accept cash payments from patients. And let's be honest - if you can afford a $400 payment every month, you probably don't have intractable issues.

That leaves the majority of the population at the mercy of "mid level practitioners" and whatever subsidized / community mental health treatment is available, and that's where you get the "SSRIs for everyone" problem.

On top of that, the profession is scared to use drugs that likely work pretty well for depression, like opioids, benzos, amphetamine, etc. because of poor government policies.

In summary: Yup.
Scared to use Auvelity because as one psychiatrist put it, "That's a cough syrup." Um... not as of 2023 lady... Times have changed, keep up. Do your research (i.e. your job) so that I don't have to exert the effort I don't have doing your work. I don't have the energy/motivaton/frame-of-mind to "play Dr. " in having to come up with my own medication combos, but I still do, because you're just trying to check me off as another "client" you put on another random medication to meet your quota and send me on my way🙄

Last edited:
B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
Wtf?????

Scared to use Auvelity because as one psychiatrist put it, "That's a cough syrup." Um... not as of 2023 lady... Times have changed, keep up. Do your research (i.e. your job) so that I don't have to exert the effort I don't have doing your work. I don't have the energy/motivaton/frame-of-mind to "play Dr. " in having to come up with my own medication combos, but I still do, because you're just trying to check me off as another "client" you put on another random medication to meet your quota and send me on my way🙄
Psychiatric practitioners are universally pretty terrible at pharmacology. Auvelity looks promising though - bup/dxm mix?

Reactions: pilotviolin
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
The biggest issue I've had is that no mental health professional "gets it." I've had a hard life. There's no clinical treatment for the kind of issues I've faced, yet they constantly try. I had to spend a year of weekly meetings just to get my therapist to understand that CBT doesn't help.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I'm the opposite, I have only met really good ones who tried their best.

I guess it might be perspective. If we are too broken, it's not their fault they can't fix us. We are the outliers.

lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
i'm really skeptical about ''getting help'', because i just know i'll be gaslighted by these so called ''professionals'', and finding a true great professional is so rare that i don't think is worth trying, also i don't have the energy to go searching, ctb seems like the only way out

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Psychiatric practitioners are universally pretty terrible at pharmacology. Auvelity looks promising though - bup/dxm mix?
Yep. My insurance is putting me through hell so I had to get dex on amazon. Not sure how much different it'd be than Auvelity. (I'm already on Wellbutrin.) Haven't really noticed a difference. I use spravato too. Ketamine isn't covered by insurance because it's not officially on their treatment for depression. Yet the derivative of ketamine? Cheap corporate bastards trying to keep the caste system, in America... Ultimately Ive had no progress but others have.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
I've only met 3 mental health professionals in over a decade who cared about their jobs out of many. Others want to give a ton of medicines for depression and things as if drugs are the answer knowing they can have bad side effects.

If SSRIs make me fat and I can't orgasm why would I want them long term? Now I'm fat AND depressed AND can't orgasm.

Others who talk just to hear themselves speak without listening. Like if you worked in a profession that could be graded or measured for output you'd be fired. Some who try to treat people by a book or their training as if everyone is the same and have to slap a label on people early on.

No wonder some just smoke weed and don't care. Copays cost money and if you want a good one they can be $150 per session in the US. So you have to settle
Therapists are just normal people who are narcissistic enough to believe for a second they can " talk " someone into feeling better. It's a choice that has to come from within, getting help should be receptive.
Theres always exceptions of course ………
Not many tho.

Reactions: ihateearth