D

doughmixer1982

Student
Jun 8, 2023
Total: 862 (members: 296, guests: 566)

I have been noticing this for sometime now. It's a suggestion to @Mods may be visitors should be able to see couple of posts and after that should be asked to sign up.
@Dot
@Myforevercharlie

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, RainAndSadness, my_sundown and 5 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
always have been like this... in every forum

Reactions: sserafim, girlsboysthems and tiger b
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe it's always been this way as after all many people are only here to read about suicide methods, they have no interest or need to create an account.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, DoomValuer, haibane and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
They probably came here from Tantacrul's video and the BBC

Reactions: haibane and ijustwishtodie
P

paintedbutterfly676

Oct 1, 2023
There's always going to be lurkers who come. Most hopefully are here to find what they need and leave, and because of that we shouldn't limit them. It's not like pro-lifers are all making accounts to flood these messages with their rhetoric.

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022

I have been noticing this for sometime now. It's a suggestion to @Mods may be visitors should be able to see couple of posts and after that should be asked to sign up.
@Dot
@Myforevercharlie
I have been reading on the mirror site recently since it's the only one I can access these days. I don't post often so didn't log in until just today to reply to another post. It could be there are many others like me who having logged in on the alternate site. I'd guess even among registered users, there are probably a lot of lurkers who don't feel up to posting but are still legitimately struggling with suicide.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023

@Dot
@Myforevercharlie
It took me 3 trys to become a member. I'm not sure why,just glad to be here.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I have been reading on the mirror site recently since it's the only one I can access these days. I don't post often so didn't log in until just today to reply to another post. It could be there are many others like me who having logged in on the alternate site. I'd guess even among registered users, there are probably a lot of lurkers who don't feel up to posting but are still legitimately struggling with suicide.
What's a mirror site? I haven't heard about this until now. How do you know if you're on the original or mirror site?

Reactions: Rocinante
W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
What's a mirror site? I haven't heard about this until now. How do you know if you're on the original or mirror site?
I tried to go to regular SS but it wouldn't load. Then finally it gave me a redirect to the mirror site if regular site wouldn't load. I bookmarked the page and glad I did because I can't get regular SS to load at all lately. For me the regular site ended in ".org". The mirror site ends in ".site".

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I disagree. I know that plenty of these lurkers out there read posts in this forum to experience support, to feel less lonely, to feel understood. They're basically SaSu members without an account. Not all people who strongly identify with the forum make an account, that's very important to recognise. Most people don't. And plenty of people made an account here pointing that out when we closed down the forum for guests in the past. And that's why I know why we have so many guests. And I don't want to take that away from anyone. If we close down the forum, these hundreds of guests that we see right now would immediately make an account, it would explode the registration queue again and the entire staff would be busy doing nothing but approve new members. That happened every time so far when we closed down the forum because there is a huge demand out there for forums like ours. There aren't many spaces out there that provide such a honest and raw insight into the struggles of people. And I don't see how your suggestion would help anyone, we would simply lock out people who depend on the posts that are written here because they identify with these struggles and I don't want to force anyone to make an account here to feel less lonely. That's it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, rationaltake, Talvikki and 9 others
D

doughmixer1982

Student
Jun 8, 2023
I disagree. I know that plenty of these lurkers out there read posts in this forum to experience support, to feel less lonely, to feel understood. They're basically SaSu members without an account. Not all people who strongly identify with the forum make an account, that's very important to recognise. Most people don't. And plenty of people made an account here pointing that out when we closed down the forum for guests in the past. And that's why I know why we have so many guests. And I don't want to take that away from anyone. If we close down the forum, these hundreds of guests that we see right now would immediately make an account, it would explode the registration queue again and the entire staff would be busy doing nothing but approve new members. That happened every time so far when we closed down the forum because there is a huge demand out there for forums like ours. There aren't many spaces out there that provide such a honest and raw insight into the struggles of people. And I don't see how your suggestion would help anyone, we would simply lock out people who depend on the posts that are written here because they identify with these struggles and I don't want to force anyone to make an account here to feel less lonely. That's it.
Well said!

Reactions: Talvikki