The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Money, or should I say, lack of money is evil.
It robs us of so much in life.
We are only able to live very limited lives due to a lack of a few pieces of paper, or numbers on a screen.

We miss out on so many things in life because of this.
Things that are precious to us often have to be put on hold, or abandoned completely due to a lack of money.

It hurts me deeply to realise how many lost opportunities, and wonderful things I have missed out on in life, all due to a lack of money.

I haven't really lived at all.
I have just been struggling in survival mode, all because of the evil, parasitic banking system.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Crono, Hollowman and 3 others
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I think this struggle is the default, those with money are the exception, freed from the burdens like the wealthy in the past.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Deleted member 65988 and Homo erectus
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I like when they say, "You can't have your cake and eat it." So what's the point of cake, then?

Download

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: loopdaloop, Forever Sleep, rationaltake and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Money, or should I say, lack of money is evil.
It robs us of so much in life.
We are only able to live very limited lives due to a lack of a few pieces of paper, or numbers on a screen.

We miss out on so many things in life because of this.
Things that are precious to us often have to be put on hold, or abandoned completely due to a lack of money.

It hurts me deeply to realise how many lost opportunities, and wonderful things I have missed out on in life, all due to a lack of money.

I haven't really lived at all.
I have just been struggling in survival mode, all because of the evil, parasitic banking system.
100% agreed, I wish our lives weren't so dictated by numbers in a system.
Lack of money is just mentally draining

Reactions: Hollowman, The anhedonic one and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Money is the power the master gives to the slave after the slave has done his job, so that he can order other slaves to do things. No money means no power. The feature of this system is that only few people, the masters, can freely express their will. Most of the rest lack money (=power) to do the things they want.

• Love
Reactions: Crono, The anhedonic one and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Money is the power the master gives to the slave after the slave has done his job, so that he can order other slaves to do things. No money means no power. The feature of this system is that only few people, the masters, can freely express their will. Most of the rest lack money (=power) to do the things they want.
And it's no surprise that those in power have a lot of money at thier disposable while everyone else is just a slave in the system

Reactions: Homo erectus and The anhedonic one
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
And it's no surprise that those in power have a lot of money at thier disposable while everyone else is just a slave in the system
Money is created out of nothing. It's just a reflection of the imbalance of power within modern human societies. Even if the monetary system collapses, money becomes wallpapers, they will resort to force, or military power, to regain control. That's the true power behind the money they give out.

• Love
Reactions: immrw, Deleted member 65988, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Money is created out of nothing. It's just a reflection of the imbalance of power within modern human societies. Even if the monetary system collapses, money becomes wallpapers, they will resort to force, or military power, to regain control. That's the true power behind the money they give out.
They are soon going to roll out central bank digital currencies.
The money shall be programmable, meaning that they can dictate what you spend your money on. It shall also have an expiry date because they don't want people to save up anymore and keep on spending.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
They are soon going to roll out central bank digital currencies.
The money shall be programmable, meaning that they can dictate what you spend your money on. It shall also have an expiry date because they don't want people to save up anymore and keep on spending
Societies are all about control, restricting what people can do. Money is only one of the many tools. The optimists say this is win-win, the cake gets bigger, everyone has more. But the reality is that some people get far more. Power concentrates in some people.

Digital money feels more remote, and is easy to manipulate. With banknotes, people feel they have something and how much. With a number, it's not easy to keep track of the changes. Who controls the numbers controls behaviors.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and The anhedonic one
D

Deleted member 65988

That's true, it truly is a reflection of the imbalance of power and the unfairness in the lack of equality (which will never actually be rectified as a problem).

Reactions: Homo erectus and The anhedonic one
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I don't know. Money is a very practical solution to the problem of putting a price on someone's effort. Since by default it's every man to himself but we still must cooperate in a society to survive, every man must give something he has for something he don't but still needs, but in a global market: have fun bartering for things.
It's not the money. Not even society. It's people finding loopholes and shortcuts to amass more without the effort, disregarding the effort of other people. It's a caricature of what money really represents. Corruption, plain and simple.

Reactions: Homo erectus