Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
I'll be misunderstood till the grave. Recently I created a song with a sad feeling, it was based on Scarlxrd - MAD MAN. Pounding heavy 808 and kick along side an alarm like lead synth, it just symbolizes pain and I love it so I wanted to create something similar.

And when I did this... when I created this track. I thought to myself "hey I could upload this to my SoundCloud (with uses my real name) and when I'm gone this will be my quiet goodbye to those that find it. When they hear this track, they'll get it... expect they won't. They'll just project their own thoughts on it, and then onto me. Like it's always been, just fucking guesses of what I feel.

I've been misunderstood my whole life. Never, not... once. Did I find anybody that just got me. And for months now I thought that I could make myself understood via music instead. First via other artists songs, and then later by own. But no... that's not how it works. Another hope shattered, and I'm so fucking angry at myself for believing in that fucking lie that I had hope in. For putting in so much work into these songs just for them to be completly useless.

I just want to scream help me I'm going to die in the middle of the street, but even then no one would give a shit. I'll be misunderstood till the grave.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, Brick In The Wall, BrokenHopes and 2 others
EmptyMan

EmptyMan

Its over
Dec 22, 2019
I'll be misunderstood till the grave. Recently I created a song with a sad feeling, it was based on Scarlxrd - MAD MAN. Pounding heavy 808 and kick along side an alarm like lead synth, it just symbolizes pain and I love it so I wanted to create something similar.

And when I did this... when I created this track. I thought to myself "hey I could upload this to my SoundCloud (with uses my real name) and when I'm gone this will be my quiet goodbye to those that find it. When they hear this track, they'll get it... expect they won't. They'll just project their own thoughts on it, and then onto me. Like it's always been, just fucking guesses of what I feel.

I've been misunderstood my whole life. Never, not... once. Did I find anybody that just got me. And for like a year now I thought that I could make myself understood via music instead. First via other artists songs, and then later by own. But no... that's not how it works. Another hope shattered, and I'm so fucking angry at myself for believing in that fucking lie that I had hope in. For putting in so much work into these songs just for them to be completly useless.

I just want to scream help me I'm going to die in the middle of the street, but even then no one would give a shit. I'll be misunderstood till the grave.
I understand you tbh if it's mean somethin To you

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Another synthist, I'm glad I'm not alone there. You're not entirely misunderstood. I know what it's like to put hours of work into music only to have it misinterpreted.

Art of any form is inherently like this though. Everyone projects what they want onto it, which is okay. It adds meaning sometimes when there really was none to begin with.

There isn't a person alive who fully understands another as well. This is also one of those inherent truths.

L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
I can't say I understand myself tbh, so others would have little hope.

But I get what you're saying, it's demoralising to have ones work misinterpreted. I find most people go into critic mode immediately and don't take the time to try and look for perspectives other than their own knee-jerk reactions. As @Brick In The Wall implies, other peoples reactions can be positive if they allow for other possibilities, but getting slagged off for something you categorically did not say... well, that's just tiresome.