RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
Shortly after I posted my 'goodbye' I came down with some awful flu virus so I missed the bus. I was and still am too dizzy to drive or frankly do anything properly.

I've spent the past few days in bed, not only feeling physically awful but crying what feels like endless tears about still being here.

But I'm beginning to have doubts about my method. What if there isn't enough CO generated from the barbecues to fully kill me and I am revived a vegetable? What if too much CO escapes the gaps in my car?

I don't know what to do. I feel like a caged animal. Nitrogen is starting to look appealing but also quite complicated.

I read a post here just now about how when they realised people were killing themselves with barbiturates because they offered a peaceful death, they stopped prescribing them. Because they wouldn't want people having peaceful deaths now, would they!

It's my birthday now FFS. I wish I had the guts to jump.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, FairyAlys, throwaway123 and 7 others
Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I hope you recover to be able to find peace.

Nitrogen does take a bit of planning (or at least it did for me before I switched methods), but I think it is well worth the effort if you decide to use it. However, if after taking a closer look, you're still not 100% sure about this method, don't do it. There are so many methods to choose from, you're bound to find something you like. Remember, choose something you're comfortable with. Dying with uncertainty is the worst way to go no matter the method.

And yeah, I agree, it's annoying how anything that allows people to pass painlessly is taken away. If doctors and other medical people really wanted to help get rid of our suffering (which I doubt more and more each day), then they would surely have the common sense to keep prescribing those substances?!?!

Also, happy(?) birthday.

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and Deleted member 1768
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I hope you recover to be able to find peace.

Nitrogen does take a bit of planning (or at least it did for me before I switched methods), but I think it is well worth the effort if you decide to use it. However, if after taking a closer look, you're still not 100% sure about this method, don't do it. There are so many methods to choose from, you're bound to find something you like. Remember, choose something you're comfortable with. Dying with uncertainty is the worst way to go no matter the method.

And yeah, I agree, it's annoying how anything that allows people to pass painlessly is taken away. If doctors and other medical people really wanted to help get rid of our suffering (which I doubt more and more each day), then they would surely have the common sense to keep prescribing those substances?!?!

Also, happy(?) birthday.
Unfortunately doctors do not make the laws.

Reactions: Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Shortly after I posted my 'goodbye' I came down with some awful flu virus so I missed the bus. I was and still am too dizzy to drive or frankly do anything properly.

I've spent the past few days in bed, not only feeling physically awful but crying what feels like endless tears about still being here.

But I'm beginning to have doubts about my method. What if there isn't enough CO generated from the barbecues to fully kill me and I am revived a vegetable? What if too much CO escapes the gaps in my car?

I don't know what to do. I feel like a caged animal. Nitrogen is starting to look appealing but also quite complicated.

I read a post here just now about how when they realised people were killing themselves with barbiturates because they offered a peaceful death, they stopped prescribing them. Because they wouldn't want people having peaceful deaths now, would they!

It's my birthday now FFS. I wish I had the guts to jump.[/Q Nitrogen was my first choice, and with the right equipment is very simple to set up. Try this link:

https://maxdogbrewing.com/

Last edited:
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
Thank you for the happy birthday. It's the first birthday of my whole life I'm spending alone. I did have plans but I cancelled them all.

Nitrogen or helium as an exit is looking more and more appealing because it means I could die in my home, in my own bed, instead of on the side of a deserted road somewhere. It also seems to be more reliable.

Ideally I would use helium but I've read so many mixed things about the purity of the helium in the canisters I don't know who to believe. Even the manufacturers are saying contradictory things.

The biggest hurdle I'm finding with the inert gas method is the valve. I seem to have to make or purchase a separate valve and I can't seem to find proper information on that. The Max Dog nitrogen canisters seem to arrive with all the appropriate accessories but it takes 6 weeks to deliver to the U.K., and I'm not even sure if the U.K. postal system won't intercept and confiscate it.

Why did you switch methods? I haven't come across many peaceful methods.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Sigh...no idea where my post went. Sorry Rita...try this site, and you may find what you are looking for: https://maxdogbrewing.com/

Reactions: Tiburcio and Smilla
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
Thanks poof. I appreciate it. The only thing is it takes 6 weeks for delivery and I can't imagine waiting that long. I also need to check that Royal Mail won't confiscate it. But maybe I should order it anyway, in case I haven't managed to ctb by then.

M

Mr2004

Student
Aug 20, 2018
I just sent you a pm having not noticed this thread

Reactions: RitaM
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018

So sorry ..... Hope you get over your illness quickly. I won't pretend like it's going to make you feel better. But less shit in your life would probably just be better.

Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
Thank you for the happy birthday. It's the first birthday of my whole life I'm spending alone. I did have plans but I cancelled them all.

Nitrogen or helium as an exit is looking more and more appealing because it means I could die in my home, in my own bed, instead of on the side of a deserted road somewhere. It also seems to be more reliable.

Ideally I would use helium but I've read so many mixed things about the purity of the helium in the canisters I don't know who to believe. Even the manufacturers are saying contradictory things.

The biggest hurdle I'm finding with the inert gas method is the valve. I seem to have to make or purchase a separate valve and I can't seem to find proper information on that. The Max Dog nitrogen canisters seem to arrive with all the appropriate accessories but it takes 6 weeks to deliver to the U.K., and I'm not even sure if the U.K. postal system won't intercept and confiscate it.

Why did you switch methods? I haven't come across many peaceful methods.
I switched to partial suspension because I didn't have enough money at the time when I was looking into nitrogen. It's only now that I may have enough to buy a small amount, but I've come to the conclusion that hanging just seems more… me… if that makes any sense. I don't like violent methods (although I considered traffic in the past), and partial suspension seems like the cheapest and least relatively painless way to go.

G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
Have you looked into N? Honestly it takes months to research and figure out nitrogen/helium. You may as well skip all the complications and just go with ordering N. There's nothing to learn there. Just swallow antiemetics, wait 40 min, take N and it's over.

Last edited:
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
But how long will it take to get N? Weeks surely, best case scenario

Reactions: Breelia, GoneSeptember2018 and Tiburcio
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018

It´s your birthday? I feel sorry for you, every birthday is another reminder that I am one year longer away from my childhood and I survived one more year.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018

Same here. I'm trapped here because jumping is my only real method. If only I had a peaceful method.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Same here. I'm trapped here because jumping is my only real method. If only I had a peaceful method.
I also considered that method a year ago, but it must be terrifying to jump from a high building. Maybe getting extremely drunk before the jump would help?

Reactions: lv-gras