L

LittleMonkey

Aug 13, 2020
To my mind, humans, as well as every other creature, are just victims of circumstances. After all, none of us created laws of nature, but it is those exact laws that allow suffering. Universe is brutal and ugly, and life is a part of it. If animals had the same amount of intellect as us, they would torture, rape and murder as well, just because Universe allows it. But what is your opinion on this?

Reactions: Fragile and ecmnesia
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Humans evolved to the point they became able of manipulating circumstances, and even use the laws of nature to their advantage. We are no longer moved by nature, rather we move around it. We overcome our natural needs with ease, then move on to needs we came up with, such as wealth, pleasure and power. We are now much more victims of ourselves.

Reactions: ecmnesia and StateOfMind
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I think it's plenty justified. Human nature isn't really that much different than other animal behavior except our big brains enable us to act even more corruptly.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, NeverEndingProblem and Fragile
L

LittleMonkey

Aug 13, 2020
Humans evolved to the point they became able of manipulating circumstances, and even use the laws of nature to their advantage. We are no longer moved by nature, rather we move around it. We overcome our natural needs with ease, then move on to needs we came up with, such as wealth, pleasure and power. We are now much more victims of ourselves.
"...became able of manipulating circumstances"? Cannot agree with you. The very fact that you didn't choose to be born speaks for itself. You are trapped here, and you just have to deal with it. Doesn't really look like manipulation if you ask me. "...no longer moved by nature" - does that mean you don't need to eat, drink, sleep and so on? You can disobey natural laws?