SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I have spent a HUGE portion of my life trying to fight the things that everyone has just continued to tell themselves "this will get better" or "it's not worth the fight." Because of this I fought an uphill battle by myself. I was trying everything to get myself better while fighting. While I fought I told myself "it would eventually get better" because I was doing something about it. I didn't know how alone I was.

I've been told "Why do you care," "what's the big deal", "it just passes with time anyways…." I care because if you truly look around you'll see the ones who are truly hurting and treated like trash and it breaks my heart. The ones who can't seem to just put their heads down and do their dambdest to just exist. Especially because of other peoples doing..

I was always taught if you don't want it to happen to you then why let it happen to another person…? So the cycle continues. People are committing suicide because they can't just seem to tell themselves "it will get better."

If it works for you then good for you. I'm glad your path is a safe one. I was hurt and traumatized almost constantly and I still tried to fight. Now I'm tired and want my exit because this word is selfish and good people keep dying. No one wants to lose their little piece of safety for another…. might as well just let it happen because "it will eventually get better."

• Hugs
Reactions: vault, rationaltake, Pluto and 2 others
P@in

P@in

Sep 9, 2023
I have spent a HUGE portion of my life trying to fight the things that everyone has just continued to tell themselves "this will get better" or "it's not worth the fight." Because of this I fought an uphill battle by myself. I was trying everything to get myself better while fighting. While I fought I told myself "it would eventually get better" because I was doing something about it. I didn't know how alone I was.

I've been told "Why do you care," "what's the big deal", "it just passes with time anyways…." I care because if you truly look around you'll see the ones who are truly hurting and treated like trash and it breaks my heart. The ones who can't seem to just put their heads down and do their dambdest to just exist. Especially because of other peoples doing..

I was always taught if you don't want it to happen to you then why let it happen to another person…? So the cycle continues. People are committing suicide because they can't just seem to tell themselves "it will get better."

If it works for you then good for you. I'm glad your path is a safe one. I was hurt and traumatized almost constantly and I still tried to fight. Now I'm tired and want my exit because this word is selfish and good people keep dying. No one wants to lose their little piece of safety for another…. might as well just let it happen because "it will eventually get better."
All is about perspective (the way you look at stuff).
It depends on what is the specific problem tho. Idk about yours.
Use logic here. If it's something you can fix, try to.

If your problems are medical, and you suffer and no one can find a way to help and the pain continues for long time (that's my case) - it's unlikely that someone can help... the world is a corrupted place, people think "money" mostly. Some doctors say "deal with it, try not to think, get yourself busy" etc.
That's a sad place to be.

Also some psychiatric cases are hard to find a treat / untreatable (unfortunately), that causes anxiety and drives people to bad states of mind.
Hell, being gay (and I'm personally not gay) was considered a mental disease in the 20th century!
Stupid people in the society only make things worse.

People are still far from being able to fix everything...
The saddest part is that it's all about money and social status. If you are not important enough, no one will care for your well being so much to try and help hard enough.

Sometimes it's logical to keep trying (again' depends on the problem).
Sometimes it's better to take fate in your hands...

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
This is going to be alot so….
Would you just watch as someone is getting yelled at and treated like dogshit by a supervisor who treats all your friends the same way at a job?
Probably just quit right or…take it.
If a friend of yours was raped at a party the night before and she comes telling you the next Morning crying are you just going to tell her to hurry and go "tell" the cops?
Or are you just going to nicely walk her to your car, let her in, and drive her down to the police yourself and be with her every step of the way wether they catch the guy or not?
If a person tell you they are going to kill themselves would you be someone to tell them "I wish you wouldn't. Things can get better." Without putting forth the effort to actually prove it?
Everything takes effort and people willing to do more for each other then for themselves.
I said nothing about medical and yea everything can be fixed. The reason it doesn't is because people don't want to lose their "happy" little place they've made for themselves.

If a business has an internal reputation of taking advantage of its staff then you might get 1 or 2 who tries to do something about it, some who will learn the "favorites" game, some will become addicts or spend the rest of their lives in therapy, and a good bunch will start telling themselves and each other "this will get better."

Maybe it's different where you are and people are still fighting civil wars. A lot of the developed countries would rather just watch as the car accident of a situation happens and go along their merry way. You ever actually stopped at a car accident to make sure people are okay? How about a car on the side of the road with someone noticeably stressed? Most won't cause they're afraid something bad will happen to them.

People like to say "it's your perception" and you can just tell them it's not as bad as they think. When it really is. The wrong people are in all kinds of positions making it hell for others. Especially in supervisory or management rolls. You probably work at a job with someone who "noticeably" makes everyone's or just your lives hell. Usually people with just complain to each other and call it venting. What would happen if the whole work area said "no more" and put a stop to the behavior? You may say be "Realistic" and I say fine let it continue to happen. Won't happen anyways because getting more than one person to stop something is impossible…. It takes numbers more than money.

I've fought all those fights by myself. A supervisor who would smack staff in the nutts, make fun of staff around others, and then tell your secrets to inmates…. He got away with it because everyone said it "wasn't that bad" and he also drank with the other "favorites." Or how about another where a staff who treats the inmates like crap knowing that the more she gets them worked up the more possibility there is for them to attack someone out of anger. Maybe a supervisor gets stabbed by an inmate and later gets a promotion. Come to find out the inmate stabbed him because of how he treated inmates…. A friend of mine got hurt because of a staff treated inmates badly.

It makes you really second guess good people…. Can a person call themselves a good person if they watch things happen and hold their head down so the don't get it next, but they've got a good attitude though so 👍. That's MORE than enough….. oh they brought me a coffee today or a muffin…that's good enough…sorry if my definition of a good person is held higher. It's certainly okay. No one has to believe in "anything" I say, but the next time you hear "venting" really think if the situation can be helped or your helping make more excuses…No one NEEDS TO LISTEN TO ME AT ALL. JUST MY OPINION and I feel really strongly about It because of my own experiences.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: vault and Praestat_Mori
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
also please don't think I'm saying someone should take on a problem on their own. I'm saying "together." No one should ever go it alone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, rationaltake and Myforevercharlie
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This dilemma seems to centre around the notion of empathy in society.

The first tragedy is that when people lack empathy, they are (on average) set up for success since they have the brutality to manipulate and/or bulldoze any ethical, sensitive people who they might encounter. And the power that they glean will be used for the most petty and narcissistic of purposes at the expense of the majority. There's plenty of this in politics, the corporate world and so on.

The second tragedy is that even when the empathic centre of the brain is operational, it is still impossible to function in a 100% empathic mindset. It would only take a matter of seconds to go completely mad at the overwhelming quantity of suffering and injustice on this planet. And someone like that who is not functioning will be unable to make any positive contributions in any case. Hence, most people have very selective empathy as a matter of necessity. Often young people pass through a 'save the world' phase before closing off and conforming to the escapism of shallow entertainment.

Hence, the best advice is to put yourself first and be as true to yourself as possible. This is not the same as being apathetic or narcissistic. It's not even about being a dull normie whose emotions are repressed to the hilt. It's just an acknowledgement that there is no way to put the cart before the horse.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and SolomonKado
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
This dilemma seems to centre around the notion of empathy in society.

The first tragedy is that when people lack empathy, they are (on average) set up for success since they have the brutality to manipulate and/or bulldoze any ethical, sensitive people who they might encounter. And the power that they glean will be used for the most petty and narcissistic of purposes at the expense of the majority. There's plenty of this in politics, the corporate world and so on.

The second tragedy is that even when the empathic centre of the brain is operational, it is still impossible to function in a 100% empathic mindset. It would only take a matter of seconds to go completely mad at the overwhelming quantity of suffering and injustice on this planet. And someone like that who is not functioning will be unable to make any positive contributions in any case. Hence, most people have very selective empathy as a matter of necessity. Often young people pass through a 'save the world' phase before closing off and conforming to the escapism of shallow entertainment.

Hence, the best advice is to put yourself first and be as true to yourself as possible. This is not the same as being apathetic or narcissistic. It's not even about being a dull normie whose emotions are repressed to the hilt. It's just an acknowledgement that there is no way to put the cart before the horse.
I completely agree with you 100%. Just doesn't make it right. Media would turn each generation into zombies if it could and who controls the media?!…..it would take almost an act of god to get this world to turn around. You hear about "pay it forward" so there is atleast a little good passed around, but that seems like people are still not putting that much effort in.

I fought for my country for 8 years and when I came back I kept trying no matter how depressed it made me that I fought for the wrong people to rule everyone. Just the reality of it. I can choose to stay, but why? I've somehow turned into the person who people with little effort say I'm doing good and the corrupt ones try to shut down as fast as possible. The displays of hurt pride make me want to cry. I'm not blind. I see it. I just wish more than me would do something about it. I'm not saying I'm the only one. Just wish ALOT MORE would stop giving up the first time someone with power or money shows up to shut them down.

Im also not one of those "take down the government." I just feel the world needs a full makeover and I keep fighting because I have to be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Pluto and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I agree on all counts.

The only thing I can say is that I have shifted my attention towards small-scale acts of good. If I can occasionally make someone feel heard, or help someone in distress, in those moments it is changing the world for at least one person.

In some belief systems, the bigger-picture purpose for the darkness of the world is to a) enable an individual to have choice at all (which would not be possible in a true utopia) and b) make a positive choice meaningful. One theologian, Neale Donald Walsch, used the analogy of a candle in the sun. Only when darkness is created will its light be apparent, yet in the process it will find itself overwhelmed by the darkness and yearn to be free of it. Such is the cosmic dilemma.

Whatever choices you make, I will say that I have the utmost respect for people like you who have witnessed the worst in life, yet still remain pure at heart. Only certain souls manage this.

• Hugs
Reactions: SolomonKado and rationaltake