L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
For example, someone told me that people who ctb by hanging or jumping are more than likely bipolar. I always think about which is the most painless method etc. Thoughts?

Reactions: Dead Meat and insanedoomer
B

Bensharp

Mar 18, 2021
No it has more to do with your resources. There have been many researches into that. Just for example most Americans have access to fire arms and SN at the moment compared to Europeans so they will more likely to ctb using that method. But if you have any research that indicate otherwise please indicate just my 2 yen.

Reactions: TwoTenEightyEight, lostmyself and Dead Meat
U

UnemployedMD

Mar 18, 2021
I think resources are the biggest thing at a play. Though for a small percentage, I think it may depend on your type of depression. Some people may subconsciously want to die in a more or less unpleasant way for certain reasons.

Reactions: TwoTenEightyEight, lostmyself and Dead Meat
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
For example, someone told me that people who ctb by hanging or jumping are more than likely bipolar. I always think about which is the most painless method etc. Thoughts?

I wonder if there is any truth to this. It would be interesting to see if any research has been done on this topic, but I would imagine that there would be many confounding variables that would be impossible to control for (we cannot study suicide in an experimental setting). It has been observed that males tend to rely on more violent and lethal methods (firearms etc) while females typically end their lives via overdose or poisoning.

• Love
Reactions: lostmyself and Dead Meat
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I also think it comes down to resources. I've seen a few people in this very forum that said they were choosing a method due to certain beliefs, but they were always extreme, specific cases. People are mostly looking for painlessness and efficiency really.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostmyself and sadbadpsychogirl
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
It's pretty much down to resources. If there was a make believe clinic (within a walking distance) that was giving out free nembutal injections with the help of a real doctor and a cute male/female nurse to hold your hand for support not many would turn it down in exchange for the method they've decided to go with now.

Reactions: lostmyself
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I used to get strangled when I was a kid so I always gravitate to hanging methods or slitting my throat. I think if I drank enough I'd jump no bother. I have no disorder I was just desensitised to that area from a very young age. Even part of me accepts it as the final punishment I deserve. I couldn't drink the kool aid, I'd puke, and I've had such a violent upbringing that's what I'd go for, more violence. Speed over pain any day. The less time I have for survival mode to be triggered the better. I'm just really bad at it
It's pretty much down to resources. If there was a make believe clinic (within a walking distance) that was giving out free nembutal injections with the help of a real doctor and a cute male/female nurse to hold your hand for support not many would turn it down in exchange for the method they've decided to go with now.
That would be my dream even a nurse with the face of an arse I'd be there

• Aww..
Reactions: lostmyself and lofticries
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm bipolar and I've tried to hang myself with partial 3 times lol.
I guess that I'm so emotionally and mentally unstable that I might really act impulsively instead of having a proper plan such as getting and drinking SN.

L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
I'm bipolar and I've tried to hang myself with partial 3 times lol.
I guess that I'm so emotionally and mentally unstable that I might really act impulsively instead of having a proper plan such as getting and drinking SN.
I feel like partial can work great for some and others it's a no go. Thank goodness when you failed you weren't permanently damaged. It always is good to have a plan.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I doubt it. I've tried it a few different methods.