H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Anyone else here have messed up teeth? I spent ten years of my life with out brushing my teeth due to severe mental illness. I have two cracked molars and slightly receded gums. The two molars will likely need implants according to my dentist. They run about 2000-4000 dollars a piece; disability doesn't pay enough for me to get them. I've been brushing for two years now--though I'm sure the damage is done. I live in fear of my other teeth cracking. Thought I'd ask if anyone else here had the same problem and what you do to chew food. Thanks-Willow.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: moths, Silvermorning, opiatedreamz and 11 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Pretty serious receding gum, somewhat concerning
however let's just say I have bigger problems in life...
The door is there if I ever wanna show myself out.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, disabledandhopeless, Ghost2211 and 3 others
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
My teeth have always been great til the last year or two. Bad food started to chip away, then alcohol and general depression causing me to not brush has fucked them up. 2 cracked molars and 2 cracked canines. I had a really bad experience a few years ago with a dentist who extracted one of my teeth that had an abcess before any local anesthetic kicked in at all. It was excruciating and put me off getting help for a while.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Marauder, Ghost2211 and 5 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
My teeth look fine for the exception they easily bleed. Other than that, I used to think I'd never have to get my wisdom teeth removed cause at the time they weren't causing me any issues and came in completely straight. Soon I was wrong, as I remember I bit into hard candy and completely split my bottom left one completely in half. That pain was so horrible, so I had all 4 of them removed at the same time not a few days later. I should honestly start taking care of my teeth more....but can hardly be bothered.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, KleinerWolf, Ghost2211 and 2 others
LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
My teeth were ok until I started to puke daily. Now I'm scared to go to the dentist and hear how much damage it did...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lex, Silvermorning, Heart Shards and 2 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Yep, it's pretty much one of my defining traits to people that know me and probably why I'm so anti-social. I ran face-first into a wall when I was like 8 and never got them fixed.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: moths, Silvermorning, KleinerWolf and 5 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I had to have all my teeth pulled in my 20's. I have full dentures. I had to drink radioactive iodine for my cancer and my depression lack of brushing topped off the damage.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: moths, Silvermorning, opiatedreamz and 6 others
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I am so sorry. that is horrible. I Know it doesn't mean much but I'm glad you're here. The people on here make my loneliness more bearable. Were not as crazy as the doctors lead us to believe.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: opiatedreamz, KleinerWolf, nooo2 and 2 others
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
3 missing for me, my dentist tell me that it could cause blood problem and can cause death, so I stopped brushing my teeth for around 11 years.
Stupid young idea, because after years of pain and long awake night (or sleeping sitting, it helped me to avoid pain sometimes), I decided to go at the dentist some years ago, no pain anymore, but it cost me around €3000, took around 6 month and most of my teeth are now repair with artificial teeth color things (I don't know the English word for that material).

I should put a tooth crown on 2 of my teeth but it's too expensive and I'm lazy to go to the dentist again (I'm resistant to dental anesthesia due to stress, high heart beat and drugs, that mean anesthesia take a long time and more product to take effect, and lasts less), so now I have just a half teeth on back and a teeth root remaining on another (without count the 3 missing)

if I can go back in past to advise the 11 years old me, brush my teeth will probably be the first advice I will tell him.

Now depression and lazy keep me forgetting this important thing, and certainly because I didn't get used to being younger, but I do it enough to not have pain from it anymore, and as a big smoker, it turn brown quickly.

That part of life when you are a living trash.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and KleinerWolf
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I never brush my teeth or go to the dentist.
I also have a cracked tooth that has been cracked for about 3 years, and my bottom right molar has been infected about 6 times.
Around the 3rd, the dentist said it would have to be pulled if it happened again.
That was 5 years ago, it has been infected another 3 times since then.
I've just got through it.
The worst for sure was back when I was 22. I'm 25 now.
It was infected for a whole agonizing 3 months. I survived on painkillers and alcohol.
Luckily the most it has been infected since then is 3 weeks/

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: moths, Silvermorning, KleinerWolf and 2 others
NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
Im sick in CPTSD so during my whole life i have had no energy to take care of my teeth.
Been forced to surgery, pulled out a lot of teeth, infections, caries and so on......

But now i have studied and have some advice for you all:

Brush with antibacterial toothpaste like " GUM Paroex " twice a day. Electric toothbrush is best, if you cant afford one, buy a very soft normal brush.

After you have brushed for 2,5 minutes, dont rinse, just spit out, no water, no mouthrinse. Dont eat or drink for 30 min.
While you still have toothpaste on your teeth, start flossning.
If it bleeds, just continue at least once a day and the bleedning will stop within a couple of weeks.

Why so many of us have cracked molars is because we are tensed in our sleep and bite too hard without noticing.
The cure to prevent that is a Night Guard.
They cost about 10-20 dollars in most countrys. I bought mine for 200 skr.

• Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning, opiatedreamz and Heart Shards
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
My teeth are an embarrassing hot mess between dental phobia (went over a decade without any work and destroyed my teeth in the process), chugging mass quantities of diet soda during school, and probably clenching them at night. I have at least one that needs an implant, I'm sure. Trying to dredge up the will (and money) to deal with it before everyone stops wearing masks.

• Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and Heart Shards
P

Peachycherry

Oct 3, 2020
I've got nothing too crazy going on, my teeth are just a yellowish shade that never goes away not matter what ( I think it's the enamel that eroded, I've always taken ok care of my teeth)

• Hugs
Reactions: Heart Shards
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Oh yeah don't even get me started, I'm pretty sure once I go back to the dentist next month they're gonna tell me that me I have a gum infection and I'll probably end up losing most, if not all of my teeth before I'm 20. :3

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, sadboi94, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I ruined my front teeth being an alcoholic and neglecting them through suicidal ideation. When covid erupted I was in the process of treatment (getting extractions and dentures made) which came to a halt so for 5 months from march to august I had little painful nubs for the 12 front teeth 6top 6 bottom... Didn't help my mental state through self conscious and pain but hey, first world problems, trouble is changes the way you talk and it becomes a big issue in your life you think everybody is looking at you like "that toothless crack head" etc. Thankfully I have my dentures now.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Silvermorning