• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
So I finally got all my resources together. Helium tank 98% purity. Tube which I attached perfectly. Two bin bags and an elastic hairband which was tight enough to go round my neck. Took 30mg valium and felt spaced out and brave enough to just go for it.
I must have messed up spectaculary cos nothing happened! Used the whole tank and never even felt anything. Then I climbed into bed and slept a few hours to get over the valium.
What a disappointment. Then I tried partial hanging and ligature strangulation and never passed out from either of those despite getting to over 2 minutes. Can my guardian angel please just F Off?!
I have charcoal bricks so tomorrow I plan on using them and praying they work as full hanging is far too scary. That jump isn't something I can do.

Please someone cheer me up or something. Why can't I just die???

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Seaghost, HomesickAlien and 14 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are going through this, I can imagine a failed attempt must be awful to go through. It is hard to take our lives, I understand that. I hope you find the peace that you are looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetmeCTB566, ContinuousJump, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 3 others
I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
Thanks but I'm going to try charcoal tomorrow. There is no way I'm staying in this life any longer. Just ordered a knickerbokerglory, crepes and sweets to hopefully make tonight a little bit better

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Someone123, miserableforever, hummmingbird and 3 others
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I'm really sorry you had to go through that. It must have been awful. Try not to get fixated on that miss. Shit happens, unfortunately. I hope you're gonna make it right next time. Try to keep your chin up…..

• Love
Reactions: Seaghost, NearlyIrrelevantCake, i want peace and 2 others
I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
I wasn't too bothered at the time just a little frustrated. The valium had me in a good spaced out state so I just had a little nap instead. I plan on succeeding tomorrow. Been carrying my suicide letters round in my bag for a week and they're getting crumpled so need to finally succeed

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Someone123, Elysium Searcher, ContinuousJump and 2 others
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I wasn't too bothered at the time just a little frustrated. The valium had me in a good spaced out state so I just had a little nap instead. I plan on succeeding tomorrow. Been carrying my suicide letters round in my bag for a week and they're getting crumpled so need to finally succeed
If that's what you really want and need, I wish you good luck. It sucks it has to be this way though…..

• Love
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, ContinuousJump and i want peace
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@i want peace exit bags are notoriously difficult to get to work. Great in theory, but so hard to get a good deal that stays. There is a thread on here a out adapting a scuba mask to function as a bag.

Be careful with charcoal. Very easy to get permanent brain damage, but not die. Again, room/area has to be almost air tight. Also, you will need a substantial amount of time alone, and don't do it in a house, as both the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors will go off.

Reactions: Elysium Searcher
I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
@i want peace exit bags are notoriously difficult to get to work. Great in theory, but so hard to get a good deal that stays. There is a thread on here a out adapting a scuba mask to function as a bag.

Be careful with charcoal. Very easy to get permanent brain damage, but not die. Again, room/area has to be almost air tight. Also, you will need a substantial amount of time alone, and don't do it in a house, as both the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors will go off.
I have to do it in a house. Well its my workplace and nobody else works there. I bought a tiny childs pop up tent which I plan on taping bin bags all over to make it airtight. I don't think there are any carbon monoxide detectors unless they are inbuilt to the smoke detectors and in one unit? I'll cover the smoke alarms with bags and tape. I don't own a car so I have no other choice. I will have the whole day and evening. I bought 10kg of binchotan charcoal bricks, I just hope I don't raise any suspicion lighting them outside before bringing them inside. I wish I could find an easier way. Tried so many times with the ligature strangulation but my face just goes purple and even after 3 minutes I don't pass out

Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Sounds like you've had a very challenging and traumatic day. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do next.

Just ordered a knickerbokerglory, crepes and sweets to hopefully make tonight a little bit better

I hope your meal was/is good. Sounds like an awesome combo to me!

I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
Thanks, wasn't as good as I hoped but cheered me up a little bit. I'm such a sugar addict. Ice cream was good. Whats your favourite sweets?

• Hugs
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Thanks, wasn't as good as I hoped but cheered me up a little bit. I'm such a sugar addict. Ice cream was good. Whats your favourite sweets?

That's a shame but I'm glad it helped. Nowadays I'm more of a savoury person but I do love m&m's!

Reactions: Elysium Searcher and i want peace
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
Jul 6, 2021
So I finally got all my resources together. Helium tank 98% purity. Tube which I attached perfectly. Two bin bags and an elastic hairband which was tight enough to go round my neck.
I'm very sorry. To have it not work, you deserve better.
I must have messed up spectaculary cos nothing happened!
Do you have any idea what went wrong? Did the bag inflate? Did you not even feel lightheaded? How long did the helium continue to flow? Did you happen to try speaking out loud? If you did, you should have been able to detect the normal difference in pitch of voice that helium causes.

I didn't understand what you meant by "two" bags. Was your bag made of the recommended material?

Would be nice to figure out what went wrong for you. Again, I'm very sorry.

Last edited:
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
At least you have valium. Sucks what happened. Good luck with things.

Reactions: i want peace
T

thebigpigman

Aug 28, 2021
So I finally got all my resources together. Helium tank 98% purity. Tube which I attached perfectly. Two bin bags and an elastic hairband which was tight enough to go round my neck. Took 30mg valium and felt spaced out and brave enough to just go for it.
I must have messed up spectaculary cos nothing happened! Used the whole tank and never even felt anything. Then I climbed into bed and slept a few hours to get over the valium.
What a disappointment. Then I tried partial hanging and ligature strangulation and never passed out from either of those despite getting to over 2 minutes. Can my guardian angel please just F Off?!
I have charcoal bricks so tomorrow I plan on using them and praying they work as full hanging is far too scary. That jump isn't something I can do.

Please someone cheer me up or something. Why can't I just die???
How did you get the Valium?

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021

Do you have any idea what went wrong? Did the bag inflate? Did you not even feel lightheaded? How long did the helium continue to flow? Did you happen to try speaking out loud? If you did, you should have been able to detect the normal difference in pitch of voice that helium causes.

I didn't understand what you meant by "two" bags. Was your bag made of the recommended material?

How did you get the Valium?
I got a strip of 10mg tablets from someone I know but but been too scared to take them incase they were fakes. I've had some from doctors before for panic attacks but they only give 5mg ones and have to beg for them and only get like 10 tablets a year. Anyway, the strong ones from friend turned out to be really good!

Well I bought these really thick bin bags but when I got to my workplace I realised I'd forgotten them so I found some other binbags but they seemed very thin so I doubled them up instead. I don't think I even felt lightheaded. I had taken the balloon connector thing off the helium tank and taped a tube to it instead. When I turned the gas on fully it came out really quickly into the bag and seemed to all be gone within no time. I just mucked it all up severely and not really sure how. I've never had 30mg of valium at once before so I was pretty out of it I suppose. Maybe I left a gap where the tube went in or maybe the bags were too thin. Dunno but I need the charcoal to work today.
I have no money left, I gave my ex over 2 grand to help pay his rent and things and I was really happy to help him. Then last week I found out he'd been cheating on me and asked for my money back but he refused as I'd said it was a gift and hes spent it all. What kind of person does that? How could he be taking money from me while cheating on me? I just feel broken. Now I can't pay my rent! Do good things for people and it just ends up me being the ones that f*cked

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: logan, Bedrock48 and A_miStake_of_NATURE
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

Jul 6, 2021
Thank you @i want peace for the great after action report. I'm very very sorry for all you're going through. We can all learn from what you've said.
I don't think I even felt lightheaded.
With the inert gasses, unconsciousness can come suddenly, unexpectedly. But the fact that you didn't even feel lightheaded makes it clear the oxygen level never got very low and not nearly low enough for successful ctb.
I had taken the balloon connector thing off the helium tank and taped a tube to it instead.
It sounds like there were multiple possible points of failure. Maybe there was a leak at that connector? A hose clamp could have made that connection more secure. It's also important to follow the recommendations for bag material.

With the inert gas method it's important to be very precise and follow protocol exactly.
When I turned the gas on fully it came out really quickly into the bag and seemed to all be gone within no time.
According to the PPH, the minimum time the gas needed to remain flowing is 15 minutes. In actuality if everything else is perfect it probably is possible to get by on less, but it's best to follow procedures established by experts.
I've never had 30mg of valium at once before so I was pretty out of it I suppose.
Also according to the PPH, they recommend against using sedation drugs with inert gasses. It's not difficult, but it's important to do the steps exactly and sedative drugs can impair one's ability to do that.
Then last week I found out he'd been cheating on me and asked for my money back but he refused
I just feel broken. Now I can't pay my rent! Do good things for people and it just ends up me being the ones that f*cked
I hope what I've asked and commented doesn't come across as critical. Working-up to attempt to ctb and then it not working, I cry for you. I'm only asking questions so we all can learn.

You're in a bad situation, I'm very sorry for that and as much as I can I wish you better and I wish you peace.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
bennay

bennay

Lost traveler
Sep 2, 2021
I got a strip of 10mg tablets from someone I know but but been too scared to take them incase they were fakes. I've had some from doctors before for panic attacks but they only give 5mg ones and have to beg for them and only get like 10 tablets a year. Anyway, the strong ones from friend turned out to be really good!

Well I bought these really thick bin bags but when I got to my workplace I realised I'd forgotten them so I found some other binbags but they seemed very thin so I doubled them up instead. I don't think I even felt lightheaded. I had taken the balloon connector thing off the helium tank and taped a tube to it instead. When I turned the gas on fully it came out really quickly into the bag and seemed to all be gone within no time. I just mucked it all up severely and not really sure how. I've never had 30mg of valium at once before so I was pretty out of it I suppose. Maybe I left a gap where the tube went in or maybe the bags were too thin. Dunno but I need the charcoal to work today.
I have no money left, I gave my ex over 2 grand to help pay his rent and things and I was really happy to help him. Then last week I found out he'd been cheating on me and asked for my money back but he refused as I'd said it was a gift and hes spent it all. What kind of person does that? How could he be taking money from me while cheating on me? I just feel broken. Now I can't pay my rent! Do good things for people and it just ends up me being the ones that f*cked
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't think it's anything you did. With a ballon connector on the tank, it gives me suspicions that it may have been and O2 and helium mix and and since there didn't seem to be any reaction as far as dizziness, you were still getting a sufficient amount oxygen from somewhere and it doesn't sound like the bags were the problem, you doubled up so both would have to have holes in it and I'm not sure if small holes would be enough to provide you with enough oxygen to keep you from even passing out while helium is being let in. Just a thought, i hope you're able to find peace soon.

I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
Thank you @i want peace for the great after action report. I'm very very sorry for all you're going through. We can all learn from what you've said.

With the inert gasses, unconsciousness can come suddenly, unexpectedly. But the fact that you didn't even feel lightheaded makes it clear the oxygen level never got very low and not nearly low enough for successful ctb.

It sounds like there were multiple possible points of failure. Maybe there was a leak at that connector? A hose clamp could have made that connection more secure. It's also important to follow the recommendations for bag material.

With the inert gas method it's important to be very precise and follow protocol exactly.

According to the PPH, the minimum time the gas needed to remain flowing is 15 minutes. In actuality if everything else is perfect it probably is possible to get by on less, but it's best to follow procedures established by experts.

Also according to the PPH, they recommend against using sedation drugs with inert gasses. It's not difficult, but it's important to do the steps exactly and sedative drugs can impair one's ability to do that.

I hope what I've asked and commented doesn't come across as critical. Working-up to attempt to ctb and then it not working, I cry for you. I'm only asking questions so we all can learn.

You're in a bad situation, I'm very sorry for that and as much as I can I wish you better and I wish you peace.
Thanks for your kind words. I did need the valium as i was just a crying mess so they made me more focused and stopped me being scared but yeah they definitely impaired my abilities to carry out the task properly. The gas all seemed to just come out so quickly and was gone in no time at all. It was a canister for 50 balloons and was a helium king one supposedly 98% purity. Yesterday I tried to light Binchotan charcoal and couldn't get it lit. I'm not doing very well am I haha. The ligature method won't make me pass out either no matter how hard I try. Is there some kind of plan for me, am I not allowed to CTB as I'm mean to be the next Dalai lama or something??!

My brother took his own life when he was 19 and he left his friends in a nightclub, went to a nearby park, took off his shirt, put his jacket back on and hung himself from the tree with his shirt. Sounds so simple but must have taken an unbelievable amount of courage. I hope it was quick for him.
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't think it's anything you did. With a ballon connector on the tank, it gives me suspicions that it may have been and O2 and helium mix and and since there didn't seem to be any reaction as far as dizziness, you were still getting a sufficient amount oxygen from somewhere and it doesn't sound like the bags were the problem, you doubled up so both would have to have holes in it and I'm not sure if small holes would be enough to provide you with enough oxygen to keep you from even passing out while helium is being let in. Just a thought, i hope you're able to find peace soon.
Thankyou, I love the support and non judgement on here. It said it was helium king 98% pure but with the hose it just all gushed out so quickly. I'd really like to do the charcoal method but I'm struggling to find somewhere to heat it up outside without looking suspicious

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrokenArrow and ContinuousJump
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

Jul 6, 2021
I did need the valium as i was just a crying mess so they made me more focused and stopped me being scared
I certainly understand. I have a couple of Xanax for me that I may need to use.

But, I will take as little as possible and if I do, everything else needs to be completely right first.
The gas all seemed to just come out so quickly and was gone in no time at all.
I'm sorry that happened that way.

Yeah, if the gas doesn't inflate the bag, and keep flowing for awhile, it can't work. You already know this of course.
Yesterday I tried to light Binchotan charcoal and couldn't get it lit. I'm not doing very well am I haha.
I feel like you're under a lot of pressure and I feel so sorry about that.

It's not easy at all. If you're able, try to take a bit more time. Read and research some more if possible. Patience and good preparation pays off.
Is there some kind of plan for me, am I not allowed to CTB as I'm mean to be the next Dalai lama or something??!
:ahhha: I don't necessarily believe in that kind of stuff and I think you're joking, but life can definitely deal us situations that seem quite odd.
My brother took his own life when he was 19 Sounds so simple but must have taken an unbelievable amount of courage. I hope it was quick for him.
I hope so too. I wish him and you well.

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Can my guardian angel please just F Off?!
Mine has been fighting hard for five years and is starting to lose.
0cf0982484d915ddef42bbd5e31c438f.jpg

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Seaghost, deadverysoon, Chiisai and 2 others
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
The method can fail if the gas contains oxygen. The gas method is difficult to perform, I have read about many failed suicide attempts with gases.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I have helium king too. :( I asked for the data product sheet and was ensured it was 99% helium, but I'm sceptical since the new rules came in about the 20% air mix. What regulator fitting did you use on your tank? Do you have one set for 15 litres per minute? If it gushed out too fast, sounds to me your regulator wasn't suitable and you didn't get the consistent gas flow for long enough to do the job.

I have a nitrogen tank now, and am awaiting delivery of a regulator, fingers crossed the company delivers because if they don't, I'm stuck with the sketchy helium.

As such I'm using a double method. SN plus inert gas. If the gas fails, the SN finishes the job. I really just want the gas to knock myself out so I don't suffer with SN, but I'd like to ensure it makes the process quicker and more certain, hence sourcing nitrogen and new fittings.

Costs a bloody fortune all this.

• Hugs
Reactions: deathbylife and ContinuousJump
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have to do it in a house. Well its my workplace and nobody else works there. I bought a tiny childs pop up tent which I plan on taping bin bags all over to make it airtight. I don't think there are any carbon monoxide detectors unless they are inbuilt to the smoke detectors and in one unit? I'll cover the smoke alarms with bags and tape. I don't own a car so I have no other choice. I will have the whole day and evening. I bought 10kg of binchotan charcoal bricks, I just hope I don't raise any suspicion lighting them outside before bringing them inside. I wish I could find an easier way. Tried so many times with the ligature strangulation but my face just goes purple and even after 3 minutes I don't pass out
Will a tent be airtight? I would be skeptical.

Butterflyfree

Butterflyfree

Student
Oct 10, 2021

@ContinuousJump that's what I'm trying to figure out too. The OP didn't give enough info. Pure helium is hard to get now so my guess it that it wasn't 98 percent pure like he believed it was.

Tempest

Tempest

Gathering courage to take my exit
Oct 21, 2021
20% oxygen is plenty, close to what we normally breathe, and there was no mention of hypercapnic alarm. My guess is that OP either got an 80-20 mixture, or the bag was too loose and allowed air to flow in freely (and CO2 to flow out freely).

Reactions: Butterflyfree