• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
It seems like this day and age mental illnesses are glorified by seemingly "normal" people, it pisses me off that depression, anxiety, Bipolar,
Schizophrenia, etc are all made to seem like it's part of our "personality". What makes you think I want to be like this, I'm a sufferer of Bipolar 2 disorder and it's fucking hard every day of my life, I go from being the happiest dude in the world to being a miserable, empty, isolated shell that wants nothing to do with the world or even myself. Do you think it's cute and cuddly when the mood swings kick in? Because it sure doesn't fucking seem like it, everything becomes uncomfortable and boring to me and I couldn't really careless about being "adorable" when its occurring. So to all the people out there reading this who haven't had a proper diagnosis by a professional about having a certain mental illness like the ones mentioned above, but claim to do so just because you want everybody to think you do, fuck you... this shit is not "fun" or "cute" at fucking all

Post looks unorganized, my bad don't know what's wrong with it

Reactions: Numbtopain97, not_a_robot, Ramirez and 6 others
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Do youngsters actually do this?

• Aww..
Reactions: ExitTheDay
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Schizophrenia is definitely NOT glamorized. The rest of your post, I've really only seen this happen on things like Tumblr. Not in real life

Reactions: Midnight, Crematedashes and soda_pressed
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
It's glorified and shown in unrealistic ways in media.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and Soul
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I taught high school. It happens a lot. Along with the manic pixie dream girl trope. -insert biggest eye roll ever-

Reactions: Soul and Ruffian
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
It's glorified and shown in unrealistic ways in media.
You mean like 13 reasons why?
I dunno. I've disagreed with a few people on this subject. Perhaps I'm just not as sensitive to things like that. I've said this before, I guess I'm just not as deep as you guys are. I don't have philosophical breakthroughs, I don't think in any deeper sense than necessary (at least when it comes to death, suicide related things). In my experience through life, (and I've lived and traveled many many places) I've never really seen it happen. I avoid teenagers like the plague though. I only speak to them when forced

Last edited:
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
That's so ridiculous. None of this crap is glamorous. Even the sort of attention it generates is shit and demeaning. Surely with schools now, aren't they sent to an MH team or something?

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Mine are. Well, I have a nice looking gf, I must be doing something right.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, Final Escape and sólstafir
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
You mean like 13 reasons why?
I dunno. I've disagreed with a few people on this subject. Perhaps I'm just not as sensitive to things like that. I've said this before, I guess I'm just not as deep as you guys are. I don't have philosophical breakthroughs, I don't think in any deeper sense than necessary (at least when it comes to death, suicide related things). In my experience through life, (and I've lived and traveled many many places) I've never really seen it happen. I avoid teenagers like the plague though. I only speak to them when forced
I think she means, if I'm correct, like how everyone says they have ADD now, or they're anal, had a bipolar moment, a panic attack. Kind of careless use of the terms to describe really transient states for most people. I get annoyed by it as well. I think people wit DID got it the worst when it was still "multiple personalities" and real big in media. I think people casually refer to suicide a lot as well. Like, kill me now, that sort of thing. While I have an invisible bubble over my head about my final playlist or trying to contemplate the logistics of partial.

I didn't care for 13 reasons why - I only made it to 6.

Reactions: Final Escape
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've actually spoken with one of those morons. Not on mental illness but on epilepsy.
A guy from a nearby business asked me for tips on how to develop epilepsy. He wants to feel this despair and helplessness of his own brain rebelling against him. He gave me this ten minute speech on how he's jealous of me for getting to have seizures and auras and how awesome those are.
If I wasn't in some sort of shock, I'd have taken the first nearby object and beat the shit out of him.

• Wow
Reactions: Going Home, Crematedashes, Scribble Fan and 5 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I've actually spoken with one of those morons. Not on mental illness but on epilepsy.
A guy from a nearby business asked me for tips on how to develop epilepsy. He wants to feel this despair and helplessness of his own brain rebelling against him. He gave me this ten minute speech on how he's jealous of me for getting to have seizures and auras and how awesome those are.
If I wasn't in some sort of shock, I'd have taken the first nearby object and beat the shit out of him.
Yes, because pissing on ourselves in public and a lifetime of brain damage is so much fun. What a damn moron.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Going Home, Crematedashes, Final Escape and 1 other person
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Unfortunately yes, I've witnessed it a lot in middle school
When I was in middle school nobody made fun of people with bipolar, probably because back in the 1980s none of us kids had any idea what the hell BP was.

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Yep, super fucking cute I haven't showered in a week, lay in bed during all my free time, and make other people uncomfortable

Damn, maybe I should make that my new tinder bio

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crematedashes, soda_pressed, Scribble Fan and 3 others
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
In the 80s nobody had any idea of any child welfare. Now they'll have the social workers round if you pick them up ten minutes late.

Reactions: Crematedashes
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
When I was in middle school nobody made fun of people with bipolar, probably because back in the 1980s none of us kids had any idea what the hell BP was.
It was called manic-depressive back then. I like that so much more. I think some of the older terms actually described the condition better. Like melancholia and histrionic.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
It was called manic-depressive back then.
Kids in the 1980s didn't know about manic-depression either. I'm pretty sure recognition of BP, and diagnosis of it, has vastly increased over the last 30 years.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Yep, super fucking cute I haven't showered in a week, lay in bed during all my free time, and make other people uncomfortable

Damn, maybe I should make that my new tinder bio
You need to put that on a T-shirt ASAP. I'm up for buying a few.

Reactions: Rukia, Superfluous, Ruffian and 1 other person
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
Kids in the 1980s didn't know about manic-depression either. I'm pretty sure recognition of BP, and diagnosis of it, has vastly increased over the last 30 years.
I beg to differ. Anyone who listened to Jimi Hendrix had at least an idea. There was no internet then, but it was in the dictionary and we needed to know more about it. But yeah, it's diagnosed A LOT more now. I can't even believe people when they tell me they have it because their symptoms seem really minor to me. But what do I know? Maybe it's more under control? And now there's a couple different kinds. When I got diagnosed it was right after they changed it and I'm Type 1. So I know not everyone needs to have a manic episode that rips like a tornado through their life, destroying everything in its path.

Last edited:
been_there

been_there

Jun 5, 2019
Mother's little helper was the only solution. Psychiatry was in its infancy. Oh how far they have come.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I beg to differ. Anyone who listened to Jimi Hendrix had at least an idea.
Teens in the 1980s didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix -- he died before we were born.

Just because a mental disorder existed doesn't mean people knew about it. Social anxiety officially became a thing when added to the DSM in 1981 and I could have been that poster boy for that disease. Yet it would take till age 27 in 2000 before I would know social anxiety even existed. They kept me in the dark for decades!

We were really clueless back then due to a lack of Internet. I'm sure I didn't know what BP was till I was over the age of 30. And even now I only know it as that thing that I'm the polar opposite of.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
Teens in the 1980s didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix -- he died before we were born.

Just because a mental disorder existed doesn't mean people knew about it. Social anxiety officially became a thing when added to the DSM in 1981 and I could have been that poster boy for that disease. Yet it would take till age 27 in 2000 before I would know social anxiety even existed. They kept me in the dark for decades!

We were really clueless back then due to a lack of Internet. I'm sure I didn't know what BP was till I was over the age of 30. And even now I only know it as that thing that I'm the polar opposite of.
I don't know where you're from, but there was a whole subculture of teens when I grew up who listened to The Who, The Stones, Hendrix, Zeppelin, even Traffic. If you smoked weed it went with the territory. Discussion of songs and artists could go well into the wee hours of the morning. Maybe I just had a really unique expereince as a teen. I also went to quite a few Grateful Dead concerts, and I was not the only one from school there. But I even saw Black Sabbath and the Doobie Brothers as early as 10 and 11. Made a friend at school from seeing her at the Doobies. It may have just been a weird niche subculture, but I thought there were a lot of kids like that.

Reactions: Azazel
Loli

Loli

highly flammable
May 25, 2019
THIS, HOLY CRAP, YES.
Last month I described to one of my friends (?) my psychotic episode I had during classes. I almost lost my shit in public back then and you know what he said?
"I envy you"

EDIT: Also he wanted to date me because I'm edgy and he is bored of his ordinary life. Where do such people come from?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: inconsequential, Scribble Fan and ExitTheDay
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
its not just the younger generation, because of the world and how it is now everyone sees it almost as a cool status to have.
Ive pretty much stopped using Facebook as nearly every other post is people stating they are depressed and or are having anxiety issues, or something else of similar nature. a article I read this morning 1 in 7 people in the UK are on anti depressants. Its got to the point so many people now have a bad day they instantly cant cope because its thrown them for what ever reason, so they throw the word depression around and or go docs to get medication. It almost has watered down the meaning of depression that Im starting to think such a thing doesnt exist and its just part of society now.
I do believe mental health and depression should be two different things, as in depression as described above and then mental health as in those who have a chemical inbalance / a major trauma in life etc and things truely are hard for them for whatever reasoan or thats when things like PTSD bipolar etc come into play.

Reactions: inconsequential
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
THIS, HOLY CRAP, YES.
Last month I described to one of my friends (?) my psychotic episode I had during classes. I almost lost my shit in public back then and you know what he said?
"I envy you"

EDIT: Also he wanted to date me because I'm edgy and he is bored of his ordinary life. Where do such people come from?
I really wish I had the answer for that

Reactions: inconsequential and Loli
C

Crematedashes

Jun 19, 2019
It does seem to be a minority of people who do this, but unfortunately they're very vocal and make it hard for people who are struggling to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Scribble Fan and Lush_nova
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
It does seem to be a minority of people who do this, but unfortunately they're very vocal and make it hard for people who are struggling to be taken seriously.

Damn, if you fake a mental illness there should be some sort of penalty. Maybe they should be committed to a psych ward to see if they still enjoy pretending.

I swear this is why others call out mentally ill people as "attention seekers". Either that or they're just bullies.

Reactions: inconsequential
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
It's cute until someone loses it completely and starts blowing shit up. Then it's abominable and despicable, and needs to be "dealt with". Double standards.

Reactions: Loli and Scribble Fan
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I don't know where you're from, but there was a whole subculture of teens when I grew up who listened to The Who, The Stones, Hendrix, Zeppelin, even Traffic. If you smoked weed it went with the territory. Discussion of songs and artists could go well into the wee hours of the morning. Maybe I just had a really unique expereince as a teen. I also went to quite a few Grateful Dead concerts, and I was not the only one from school there. But I even saw Black Sabbath and the Doobie Brothers as early as 10 and 11. Made a friend at school from seeing her at the Doobies. It may have just been a weird niche subculture, but I thought there were a lot of kids like that.
I'm 46 and I've still never heard of Traffic. I've heard of the others, though Black Sabbath is the only one I'm familiar with. And to say I'm familiar with Black Sabbath really means I've been a fan of solo Ozzy since 1986, so 8 years after Sabbath fired him.

I have no idea what the pot smoking kids of the 1980s discussed while stoned as I never tried pot till 2015. I really missed out. No peer pressure to try drugs when one has no social connections at all.

Reactions: not_a_robot
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
Wow. I was just a bored tomboy who got mixed in with the wrong crowd early. I moved when I was 8, every friend I had up to that point was a boy except for the one girl next door. When I got to my new place I literally had to fight this pack of boys who would chase me and my sister every day. They would push us off our bikes, and start swinging on us. This was suburbia, it was like WTF? I really learned how to fight though, but I may have lost it. Then I found these other guys because I would hide in these woods. And yep, we started way early. They teased me, but it was more typical boy stuff. I always felt different, drugs helped me fit in somewhere. I haven't felt like that again until here. It is just refreshing that people openly discuss some of their problems. And how bad mental illness affects people and others refuse to understand.