Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
For the members aged 18 to 21 years old, based on many of the post I read here, I want to know if not being heard IRL is a significant factor for your being on SS?

It appears to me that this might be a major problem for some of you.

Reactions: crybaby and Spitfire
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Nope,i have talked to my psychiatrist about my depression and i still feel the same

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, voidman and Chupacabra 44
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
idk maybe, I don't have anyone to talk to irl anyway

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Chupacabra 44
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Oh they heard me alright and then proceed to lock me in a mental hospital. That didn't help at all.
I'm on SS because I'm still perfecting my plan. SS has a lot of useful resources

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, _Minsk, freefrommybody and 3 others
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
not really, i have some family members i can talk to and am seeing a therapist soon, so i'm lucky in that sense. i do isolate myself from other ppl my age now, but mostly because i can't relate to them anymore and i don't want to bother anyone with the same complaints over and over. even if i had a million people supporting me, i still can't do it. i have chronic pain and really bad anxiety/depression, and no matter how much i vent or how much advice i get, things haven't gotten better for years :( .....

Reactions: nobiuobi, Wishfulthought and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Nope,i have talked to my psychiatrist about my depression and i still feel the same

Thanks for the response. Since you mentioned talking to your psychiatrist did they change your medication(s), or for some reason do you have a psychiatrist, but not take any medications.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of meds, but after trying about 15 different psychiatric meds I finally found one that helps me with my bipolar disorder.

Best wishes!
Oh they heard me alright and then proceed to lock me in a mental hospital. That didn't help at all.
I'm on SS because I'm still perfecting my plan. SS has a lot of useful resources

I have bad episodes of mania for my bipolar disorder. Typically, my mania is worse, and I have never been hospitalized.

I am sure your parents approach felt violating. I don't have children myself but perhaps another parent could step in here and explain what it feels like on their end.

Plenty of older people here with mental health challenges including myself, so don't hesitate to ask questions to see if some of our wisdom might help you in some fashion.

Take care!
not really, i have some family members i can talk to and am seeing a therapist soon, so i'm lucky in that sense. i do isolate myself from other ppl my age now, but mostly because i can't relate to them anymore and i don't want to bother anyone with the same complaints over and over. even if i had a million people supporting me, i still can't do it. i have chronic pain and really bad anxiety/depression, and no matter how much i vent or how much advice i get, things haven't gotten better for years :( .....

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Is your chronic pain physical or psychological in origin.

Based on your answer I might recommend something for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BipolarGuy
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
I feel pretty heard. I've been in therapy since I was 14 and on meds around the same time. I know people are listening and they want to help. I've just personally come to accept suicide as the best solution for me, and that's not something most people understand.

Reactions: Wishfulthought, Deleted member 4993, sadworld and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
All trigger me. No offence guys

Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 4993, sadworld and 1 other person
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response. Since you mentioned talking to your psychiatrist did they change your medication(s), or for some reason do you have a psychiatrist, but not take any medications.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of meds, but after trying about 15 different psychiatric meds I finally found one that helps me with my bipolar disorder.

Best wishes!

I have bad episodes of mania for my bipolar disorder. Typically, my mania is worse, and I have never been hospitalized.

I am sure your parents approach felt violating. I don't have children myself but perhaps another parent could step in here and explain what it feels like on their end.

Plenty of older people here with mental health challenges including myself, so don't hesitate to ask questions to see if some of our wisdom might help you in some fashion.

Take care!

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Is your chronic pain physical or psychological in origin.

Based on your answer I might recommend something for you.
i am on different meds for schizophrenia and depression

• Aww..
Reactions: sadworld and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I feel pretty heard. I've been in therapy since I was 14 and on meds around the same time. I know people are listening and they want to help. I've just personally come to accept suicide as the best solution for me, and that's not something most people understand.

Thanks for the well thought out response. I am a fairly older member on this site; I am in my fifties. When I read a post like this, it makes me feel less sad that someone so young is on the site.

I can tell that you're intelligent so hopefully you keep exploring possible alternatives while you figure out what's best for you. I'm sure you will figure it out.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me or to any of us older members for our thoughts. Many of us older members really want to share perspective in particular with members in this age range.

Hoping for the best!
i am on different meds for schizophrenia and depression

Us psych patients have to be careful what we tell our psychiatrists or else we run the risk of a potential involuntary hold, but have you told your psychiatrist something along the lines of this, "my medications are not elevating my overall mood. Do you think you could help with this."

If they ask you to explain this to me. I would not mention anything about CTB, but just say your "mood is lower than you would like".

This is what I recommend you consider doing.

Lots of older members on the site including myself. Feel free to ask any of us for suggestions.

Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Deleted member 4993, sadworld and 2 others
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the well thought out response. I am a fairly older member on this site; I am in my fifties. When I read a post like this, it makes me feel less sad that someone so young is on the site.

I can tell that you're intelligent so hopefully you keep exploring possible alternatives while you figure out what's best for you. I'm sure you will figure it out.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me or to any of us older members for our thoughts. Many of us older members really want to share perspective in particular with members in this age range.

Hoping for the best!

Us psych patients have to be careful what we tell our psychiatrists or else we run the risk of a potential involuntary hold, but have you told your psychiatrist something along the lines of this, "my medications are not elevating my overall mood. Do you think you could help with this."

If they ask you to explain this to me. I would not mention anything about CTB, but just say your "mood is lower than you would like".

This is what I recommend you consider doing.

Lots of older members on the site including myself. Feel free to ask any of us for suggestions.

Good luck.
Thanks i will do that

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Deleted member 4993, sadworld and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't have anyone to talk to and people just tell me "get help"... that doesn't help

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Helpmeplease, _Minsk and 4 others
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019

Take care!

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I was hospitalized for psychotic depression. Actually, it wasn't my parents who put me in the hospital. My parents don't believe in mental illness, and therefore they don't believe in any psychiatric approaches. They just told me to not think about it, not hallucinate, and not be sad. I tried to explain it to them, but they just wouldn't believe what I said

Reactions: demuic and Chupacabra 44
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
for me......yes but no. its helping but there are times i really hate my disorders and just want them gone so i tell them that love cant change the past

• Hugs
Reactions: miguel6565, Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I was hospitalized for psychotic depression. Actually, it wasn't my parents who put me in the hospital. My parents don't believe in mental illness, and therefore they don't believe in any psychiatric approaches. They just told me to not think about it, not hallucinate, and not be sad. I tried to explain it to them, but they just wouldn't believe what I said

Thanks for clarifying my assumption which clearly was wrong. Apologies for assuming.

I hear you about parents not understanding mental illness.

My father told my sister why doesn't chupacabra 44 just snap out of his mental condition? My father is the king of triangulation. I told my sister "tell our father I will snap out of my mental condition as soon as he snaps out of his diabetes". SMH

Nothing like being invalidated by a parent.

I have bipolar one although I've never experienced psychosis or hallucinations which tends to be a typical feature with many of us with bipolar one. Thus, knock on wood I've never been hospitalized. It was interesting because I've been battling hypomania all week because the stress of seeing some of the member stories here discombobulates me. (I just joined SS a week ago). But, it feels like I might be close to my baseline this morning.

Reach out to me if I can offer any suggestions in the future.
I don't have anyone to talk to and people just tell me "get help"... that doesn't help

I'm in the states so this is my reference point hence I'm going to ask you are you comfortable telling me whether you are in the states or not?

If you are in the states I could tell you for my experience what I recommend you consider looking into, in order to help yourself.

If you would like me to do this, give me your answer and then tag me in your response so I'll remember what I'm going to say to you. There are so many members here sometimes it's hard for me to remember who is who.
for me......yes but no. its helping but there are times i really hate my disorders and just want them gone so i tell them that love cant change the past

Yeah it sucks having disorders I've got plenty on my end.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Thanks for clarifying my assumption which clearly was wrong. Apologies for assuming.

I hear you about parents not understanding mental illness.

My father told my sister why doesn't chupacabra 44 just snap out of his mental condition? My father is the king of triangulation. I told my sister "tell our father I will snap out of my mental condition as soon as he snaps out of his diabetes". SMH

Nothing like being invalidated by a parent.

I have bipolar one although I've never experienced psychosis or hallucinations which tends to be a typical feature with many of us with bipolar one. Thus, knock on wood I've never been hospitalized. It was interesting because I've been battling hypomania all week because the stress of seeing some of the member stories here discombobulates me. (I just joined SS a week ago). But, it feels like I might be close to my baseline this morning.

Reach out to me if I can offer any suggestions in the future.

Sorry you have to go through that too. It definitely sucks to have parents like that.
Good to never have been hospitalized tho
Stress can be a major trigger for some people. Do take care!

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I have bipolar one although I've never experienced psychosis or hallucinations which tends to be a typical feature with many of us with bipolar one. Thus, knock on wood I've never been hospitalized.
why would hallucinations force you to get hospitalized? i have pseudohallucinations all the time (mostly at night though) and the occasional hallucination (my last one was me completely covered in my own blood) and ive never been hospitalized....

Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
I've been heard, but never able to express myself completely.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stubbe and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Sorry you have to go through that too. It definitely sucks to have parents like that.
Good to never have been hospitalized tho
Stress can be a major trigger for some people. Do take care!

The fascinating thing to me is if you haven't noticed this about life yet is for many of us the childhood trauma we've experienced continues on into our later lives. There are a few middle-aged members here that have this issue as do I and as does my big sister. Scar tissue is hard to heal on the body or on the mind. It takes mindfulness and lots of effort. But for example my sister works on The healing daily and she's made tremendous strides in her self-care.
She attends meetings every night to better heal herself and she shares all the different stories from all the different people who are in midlife or older, who are still struggling with childhood trauma, etc.

Thank you for the tip on self care and for some reason I literally have no tolerance for stress. I just strike it up as to one of my dysfunctions.
I've been heard, but never able to express myself completely.

Do you mind if I ask why you are unable to express yourself?

Maybe we an help you over come this.
why would hallucinations force you to get hospitalized? i have pseudohallucinations all the time (mostly at night though) and the occasional hallucination (my last one was me completely covered in my own blood) and ive never been hospitalized....

I'm not sure and forgive me for making an assumption on my end. I don't know very much about hallucinations and I suspected that with bipolar one if it's combined with psychosis and/or hallucinations that this would increase my chances of being hospitalized. But I don't understand why I am bipolar one and have never been hospitalized so I was just making an assumption perhaps incorrectly. Sorry if my remark didn't feel good on your end.

Last edited:
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
Do you mind if I ask why you are unable to express yourself?

Maybe we an help you over come this.

I think it has to do with something I developed on my childhood. I was a child who overreacted easily over ordinary things (I still show my emotions easily when it comes to "stupid" things like making a ugly face when I believe someone is being rude, but when things got really bad at home, I'd just put on a blank face and pretend not to be there. I felt so much pain, but I wouldn't show because I felt I wasn't allowed, there were so many things happening already. Even nowadays I can't express myself well when it comes to "serious" emotions towards depression, anxiety, etc. I "cringe" over myself whenever I try to by talking to people I know/out loud... the "not allowed" feeling is always there... There's also a lot of judgment since most people I know aren't exactly pro choice. I'm glad I find this forum, it seems to be a really nice and comfy place, I can speak easily ^^ Thank you.

• Love
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I think it has to do with something I developed on my childhood. I was a child who overreacted easily over ordinary things (I still show my emotions easily when it comes to "stupid" things like making a ugly face when I believe someone is being rude, but when things got really bad at home, I'd just put on a blank face and pretend not to be there. I felt so much pain, but I wouldn't show because I felt I wasn't allowed, there were so many things happening already. Even nowadays I can't express myself well when it comes to "serious" emotions towards depression, anxiety, etc. I "cringe" over myself whenever I try to by talking to people I know/out loud... the "not allowed" feeling is always there... There's also a lot of judgment since most people I know aren't exactly pro choice. I'm glad I find this forum, it seems to be a really nice and comfy place, I can speak easily ^^ Thank you.

You sound very self-aware. I believe that one cannot implement change without a level of self-awareness. Hearing that you understand yourself so well this is half the battle in my opinion.

For myself I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. Listening to you with all your insight I think you have things figured out about yourself more than I have things figured out about myself. Congratulations with thi, because I'm in my 50s. And I still can't figure out my s***.

Perhaps another member could give valuable suggestions to you, and the only thing I could think to suggest is do you see a psychologist IRL?

Interestingly for myself the last psychologist I was seeing I saw her weekly for over a year, and frankly I feel much better interacting on this site and getting feedback than I ever did seeing my psychologist. But perhaps you would gain benefit from seeing someone like this IRL.

Have you posted your own thread on this topic? If not, may I suggest you consider perhaps cutting and pasting what you just wrote for me and starting your own thread so more people will see it and have valuable ideas for you?

Of course do what feels best for you and if that doesn't seem like a good idea don't do it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

• Love
Reactions: Birdie
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
You sound very self-aware. I believe that one cannot implement change without a level of self-awareness. Hearing that you understand yourself so well this is half the battle in my opinion.

For myself I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. Listening to you with all your insight I think you have things figured out about yourself more than I have things figured out about myself. Congratulations with thi, because I'm in my 50s. And I still can't figure out my s***.

Perhaps another member could give valuable suggestions to you, and the only thing I could think to suggest is do you see a psychologist IRL?

Interestingly for myself the last psychologist I was seeing I saw her weekly for over a year, and frankly I feel much better interacting on this site and getting feedback than I ever did seeing my psychologist. But perhaps you would gain benefit from seeing someone like this IRL.

Have you posted your own thread on this topic? If not, may I suggest you consider perhaps cutting and pasting what you just wrote for me and starting your own thread so more people will see it and have valuable ideas for you?

Of course do what feels best for you and if that doesn't seem like a good idea don't do it.

Enjoy your Sunday.
I've been to therapy many times before, it was somehow helpful but I was too immature back then. I didn't want to deal with serious matters. Seeing a therapist as a child/teenager seemed to make easier to avoid my actual issues (sometimes unconsciously) by talking about "stupid" things (on my point of view, like it didn't really matter much) like "my friend was rude to me and it made me cry" and make a fuss about it only to avoid talking about painful things. Too many distractions. I think I'd still do such a thing if I went to a therapist haha but at least I'd be awarer than ever and could ask for the therapist's help to "bring me back". Sometimes, these professionals are lost and we have to ask them such things... I hope to talk to a psychologist soon, I can't at the moment, unfortunately. I'm doing kinda well on my own, at least.

About the thread, didn't think about it! Still getting used. Thank you, I'll consider the idea.

Enjoy your Sunday too!!

Last edited:
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I've been to therapy many times before, it was somehow helpful but I was too immature back then. I didn't want to deal with serious matters. Seeing a therapist as a child/teenager seemed to make easier to avoid my actual issues (sometimes unconsciously) by talking about "stupid" things like "my friend was rude to me and it made me cry" and make a fuss about it only to avoid talking about painful things. Too many distractions. I think I'd still do such a thing if I went to a therapist haha but at least I'd be awarer than ever and could ask for the therapist's help to "bring me back". Sometimes, these professionals are lost and we have to ask them such things... I hope to talk to a psychologist soon, I can't at the moment, unfortunately. I'm doing kinda well on my own, at least.

About the thread, didn't think about it! Still getting used. Thank you, I'll consider the idea.

Enjoy your Sunday too!!

My opinion is that no external stimuli is "stupid" if it impacts you to the point of making you cry.

I can relate to your observations about distractions. In my case, I would worry all week about what to discuss with my therapist. I tend to be neurotic this way. Clearly, I was the horse and she was the cart with this illustration. I completely drove the process. I'm not sure that's the most effective way of engaging in therapy. Upon reflection, I imagine this was probably just a self-defense mechanism on my part. Right? My directing the conversation through superficial topics.

Welcome to The forum!

• Love
Reactions: Birdie
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This age bracket is literally a slight bit over 50% of the users here. Not being heard is a factor I'm sure, but our youth face many new problems that previous generations didn't have.

I've seen an alarming number of neets in this age bracket who've completely dropped out of society. It's increasingly difficult to support yourself as a young adult and I'd say that is one of the most detrimental factors to mental health.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Superdeterminist, Hyperbunny, BPD Barbie and 4 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
This age bracket is literally a slight bit over 50% of the users here. Not being heard is a factor I'm sure, but our youth face many new problems that previous generations didn't have.

I've seen an alarming number of neets in this age bracket who've completely dropped out of society. It's increasingly difficult to support yourself as a young adult and I'd say that is one of the most detrimental factors to mental health.

I had no idea it was this high. Thanks for educating me.

• Hugs
Reactions: miguel6565 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I had no idea it was this high. Thanks for educating me.
Thank you for starting a dialogue on this issue. I believe there are a myriad of problems our youth face and unfortunately society isn't addressing any of them. The cynic in me doesn't see that changing anytime soon.

• Love
Reactions: elfgyoza, Chupacabra 44 and miguel6565
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
I'm early 20s. I'm NEET. Not being heard is a part of it. Feeling like you can't talk about 'it' IRL is another because it's "socially unacceptable", and they'll imprison you. I've been to counseling, I've been to psychiatrists, and I've been to the psych ward. I feel that honestly it just makes you feel worse. Nobody understands. Atleast in my experience. I'm the type of person that hates opening up to people and I have very limited social skills. Plus, I feel that adults older than me don't necessarily understand the struggles of this age group. I feel trapped.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you for starting a dialogue on this issue. I believe there are a myriad of problems our youth face and unfortunately society isn't addressing any of them. The cynic in me doesn't see that changing anytime soon.

My heart goes out for the younger generation today.

• Love
Reactions: voidman and Brick In The Wall
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I'm not sure and forgive me for making an assumption on my end. I don't know very much about hallucinations and I suspected that with bipolar one if it's combined with psychosis and/or hallucinations that this would increase my chances of being hospitalized. But I don't understand why I am bipolar one and have never been hospitalized so I was just making an assumption perhaps incorrectly. Sorry if my remark didn't feel good on your end.
Possibly. I don't know much about that. But I know for the most part as long as you aren't a harm to yourself or others you shouldn't have a problem. As long as you aren't reacting violently to hallucinations you should be fine.