• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Demian

Demian

Mar 25, 2024
Hello!

What medicines do you use, or have you ever used?

Has anything curious happened to any of them?

I'll start.

I've already used them:
-> Lamotrigine
-> olanzapine (I put on a lot of weight in a short space of time, I think 15kg in less than 2 months)
-> ritalin (had no effect)
-> vyvanse (I became very switched on, with a lot of physical energy and high concentration. It was the drug that had the most noticeable effect)

Use:
-> Lithium
-> bupropion
-> quetiapine (makes me a bit sleepy)

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Honestly in my 25 year battle with depression I'm not sure there are any medicines left that I didn't try.

Some have better effects than others, I'm not sure what I'd say is most reliable.

I think they are all unique to a situation.

Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
I will list it like this, the remedy: effects

alprazolam: extreme anxiety
escitalopram: anxiety but weak
citalopram: same escitalopram
paroxetine: I didn't feel any effect
setraline: no good effect just apathy
Trazadone: a light sleep
risperidone:anxiety
imipramine: serotonin syndrome, suicidal impulses.
lithium: no effect
clonazepam: calm and sleep.
sodium valproate: a mild mood stabilization

There are many others that I don't remember the name of, one of them caused me a temporary paralysis of the muscles in my neck, it was a horrible experience to go through. All these medicines that I took that only hurt me only made me discouraged from continuing any treatment, I currently I don't take any medicine anymore and I feel better than taking any of them. I want to find one that works, but I'm more afraid that it will make me suffer or kill me.

I also tried using medicinal herbs, but they just made me addicted to tea like my grandmother.
I also used CBD but I only felt calm.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKscotty and Demian
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've honestly lost track from how many I've tried, but of the ones I do remember

-Prozac: was on it starting at 10, didn't want to be on it so was rather non compliant. Not helpful but hard to tell since I didn't take it regularly
-Wellbutrin: started it at 13 and it actually worked great for awhile! Then my body got used to it and it stopped working. They upped the dose and that's how we found out it causes me to have seizures and that's now a no go for me.
-Zoloft: didn't do anything but make me so dizzy it was hard to walk.
-Lithium: didn't do anything
-Abilify: tacked on when they tried to upped my lexapro. Didn't do anything but it's also hard to tell because I was going through serotonin syndrome from the Lexapro increase.
-Lexapro: was on it for 7 years but I'm pretty sure it never did anything, they just kept adding meds to it rather than taking me off. Gave me HORRIBLE rage when they tried to up my dose.
-Lamictal: a mood stabilizer, not an anti depressant, but they tried it anyway. It may have helped a bit for awhile but eventually stopped working. Stayed on it for a couple years anyway. Gave me horrible acne that never went away even after stopping.

Overall I've never had a med work for more than a couple of months before my body builds a tolerance, at which point an increase has never really helped. I've stopped taking meds because that list isn't even half of everything I've been tried on. Most meds have no effect on me, and the ones that do it's short lived. My depression is EXTREMELY treatment resistant.

Reactions: Demian
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
It's been 10 months since I started taking medication for the first time.

I used to take:
- Methylphenidate (immediate-release): I took it from May to December. It gave me some energy for about an hour, but then I started feeling anxious and sweating a lot. On one hand, it gave me some motivation, but it wasn't enough. I stopped using it to switch to extended-release.
- Sertraline: I took it from May to December. It helped me a lot with anxiety, but sometimes I felt emotionally flat. I also suffered from other side effects like loss of appetite and sexual dysfunction, but I didn't mind because at least it controlled my impulses. I stopped because my psychiatrist noticed I still had SI and self-destructive behaviors.
- Mirtazapine: I took it from December to February. I couldn't really tell if it helped, but it reduced my SI a bit. However, it didn't help with my anxiety, I became quite drowsy, and I started having nightmares every day (I still have them but less intense). I had to stop taking Mirtazapine because of the nightmares and drowsiness.
- Methylphenidate (extended-release): I took it from December to March. I felt a bit better than immediate-release, but the downside was that I still had anxiety attacks. I had to abruptly stop it in mid-March because of my stupid job, as I worked at night and slept during the day, and methylphenidate caused insomnia during the day. Also, my psychiatrist asked me to stop the medication until I leave the job (I already left).

And now I'm using:
- Fluoxetine. I've only been using it since March 23rd. Its effects are similar to sertraline, but my SI hasn't disappeared.
- A random dietary supplement: My psychiatrist recommended taking a dietary supplement to replace methylphenidate. I'll be taking it until I find a daytime job.

E

elderDrifter

Life is Transitory
Mar 9, 2024
I've tried only a couple of meds during the past few months, namely:

- Abilify + Oxcarbazepine

They didn't really do much for my psychotic symptoms, or in general really. If anything my psychosis got wilder.

What I try now:
- Latuda
- Lithium
- Clonidine

These seem much more effective. No more serious psychotic symptoms and while depressed and suicidal, I'm not cripplingly so.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Buspar: I used to take this for anxiety
Propranolol: I switched over to this. I stopped taking it after high school though
Ritalin: I used to take this for ADHD
Adderall: I switched over to this and stopped taking it after college

Now I don't take any meds. I don't think anything "curious" happened on them. I think I almost got serotonin syndrome once though when I took my Adderall and drank a lot of coffee lol (like multiple venti brown sugar shaken espressos)

Last edited:
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I used no medicines or took no care about my mental health all this time. Now ctb is my only medicine

bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒
Mar 31, 2024
I'm taking quetiapine

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Too many. All the antipsychotics fucked me up big time. I don't think they should be used for depression. My final regimen was just lithium and lamictal. I stopped taking them a few months ago.

Reactions: skybox and Demian
Demian

Demian

Mar 25, 2024
I used no medicines or took no care about my mental health all this time. Now ctb is my only medicine
But aren't you curious about using medicines and maybe they'll help you a little (or a lot, who knows)?
Too many. All the antipsychotics fucked me up big time. I don't think they should be used for depression. My final regimen was just lithium and lamictal. I stopped taking them a few months ago.
Did you stop on your own?

Do you use any supplements or anything like that?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I've honestly lost track from how many I've tried, but of the ones I do remember

-Prozac: was on it starting at 10, didn't want to be on it so was rather non compliant. Not helpful but hard to tell since I didn't take it regularly
-Wellbutrin: started it at 13 and it actually worked great for awhile! Then my body got used to it and it stopped working. They upped the dose and that's how we found out it causes me to have seizures and that's now a no go for me.
-Zoloft: didn't do anything but make me so dizzy it was hard to walk.
-Lithium: didn't do anything
-Abilify: tacked on when they tried to upped my lexapro. Didn't do anything but it's also hard to tell because I was going through serotonin syndrome from the Lexapro increase.
-Lexapro: was on it for 7 years but I'm pretty sure it never did anything, they just kept adding meds to it rather than taking me off. Gave me HORRIBLE rage when they tried to up my dose.
-Lamictal: a mood stabilizer, not an anti depressant, but they tried it anyway. It may have helped a bit for awhile but eventually stopped working. Stayed on it for a couple years anyway. Gave me horrible acne that never went away even after stopping.

Overall I've never had a med work for more than a couple of months before my body builds a tolerance, at which point an increase has never really helped. I've stopped taking meds because that list isn't even half of everything I've been tried on. Most meds have no effect on me, and the ones that do it's short lived. My depression is EXTREMELY treatment resistant.
Me to :(

skybox

skybox

Have you ever been jealous of birds?
Mar 6, 2024
Currently on wellbutrin for the third time, lexapro for the second time, seroquel, and vistaril

Previously been on celexa (twice), trazodone, abilify (twice), buspirone, trintellix, klonopin, trileptal, topamax, vyvanse, and prozac