• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I'm sure this post has been made time and time again, but I thought I would ask again for any updated responses.

I've been off medication for 8 months now, but recently I've been told that I'm required to meet with a psychiatrist. Fun.

I'm wondering if anyone here is currently taking medication that is helping them to reduce suicidal thoughts/urges and such, and other meds that help with depression/anxiety overall. I quit cold turkey before because I didn't like that all the pills made me into a zombie.

However, I am at a point in my life that knowing I could just tell them to give me a concoction that will turn the black and red of my life into grey, I've decided to give in and take them again. Any suggestions to inquire with the psychiatrist is appreciated, I've taken a wide range of anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics to no avail. I just want to know what works for others.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I've taken a wide range of anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics to no avail. I just want to know what works for others
I'm getting to the same point. It's disheartening. If you want something to numb you out, it sounds like you may want an SSRI and maybe an antipsychotic? But would the other potential side effects be worth it?

Hmm... As for my experience, nothing seems to have helped much. I've had fleeting relief from the worst of my depression with Paxil and Effexor. Paxil, Lexapro, and Zoloft have helped my anxiety because they numbed me out a bit. Lmao. I still get the horrible sense of dread, derealization, and urges to hurt myself though. So...I dunno.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoneGoneGone
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I'm getting to the same point. It's disheartening. If you want something to numb you out, it sounds like you may want an SSRI and maybe an antipsychotic? But would the other potential side effects be worth it?

Hmm... As for my experience, nothing seems to have helped much. I've had fleeting relief from the worst of my depression with Paxil and Effexor. Paxil, Lexapro, and Zoloft have helped my anxiety because they numbed me out a bit. Lmao. I still get the horrible sense of dread, derealization, and urges to hurt myself though. So...I dunno.

Thanks for the response. At this point I'm just gonna take whatever they give me and hope it has some sort of sedating effect. The anxiety of being hospitalized if I say the wrong thing will surely overpower anything they give me anyway.I'll look into some of those meds.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Thanks for the response. At this point I'm just gonna take whatever they give me and hope it has some sort of sedating effect. The anxiety of being hospitalized if I say the wrong thing will surely overpower anything they give me anyway.I'll look into some of those meds.
Some antidepressants are definitely more sedating than others - like Paxil, Pamelor, and Remeron. I've also been prescribed hydroxyzine to help with anxiety. It's basically Benadryl but it also affects serotonin slightly.

Best of luck, mate. Keep us posted!

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Some antidepressants are definitely more sedating than others - like Paxil, Pamelor, and Remeron. I've also been prescribed hydroxyzine to help with anxiety. It's basically Benadryl but it also affects serotonin slightly.

Best of luck, mate. Keep us posted!

Will do. Ive also taken hydroxizine, it gives me really bad restless legs. I hope Ill atleast find something that doesnt have side effects that outweigh the positives.

¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
I visited a doc for the first time for my depression on friday so im quite new to meds. I havent told them ~everything~. I have been put on trazodone. My sleep improved significantly. I cant tell yet whether it is helping me or not.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Will do. Ive also taken hydroxizine, it gives me really bad restless legs. I hope Ill atleast find something that doesnt have side effects that outweigh the positives.
Oooh, restless legs are horrible. Glad you were able to stop the hydroxyzine.
I visited a doc for the first time for my depression on friday so im quite new to meds. I havent told them ~everything~. I have been put on trazodone. My sleep improved significantly. I cant tell yet whether it is helping me or not.
That's awesome that you're sleeping better. Good sleep is so important.

Antidepressants usually take a bit of time to work. You'll probably feel a bit better soon if you're able to keep sleeping well. It may be another few weeks before the antidepressant really starts helping.

Last edited:
¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
That's awesome that you're sleeping better. Good sleep is so important.

Antidepressants usually take a bit of time to work. You'll probably feel a bit better soon if you're able to keep sleeping well. It may be another few weeks before the antidepressant really starts helping.

Thank you! I wonder what is going to happen. On one hand im relieved that my appointment went smoothly. I was afraid that i wouldnt be taken seriously and be sent home or that i would be sent straight to the ward. None of the two came true.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
after trying 3 different medications and having horrible side effects each time, we all came to the conclusion (me and the psychiatrist) that im too sensitive for medications. so after doing all my own research and getting the opinions of some people here i decided to go back to my original medication, rispridone, at a lower dose of .25mg vs the .5mg most people would receive. the longest i have been on it is a month but that was at the high dose and im not going to lie, it basically made me insane. however i think it might help me this time even though ive only been on it a few days. but thats because i know what to expect now. the problem is your body needs time to adjust to the medication so it can help but because i kept having outcomes that made it so i basically couldnt get out of bed (literally, one made me sleep for 15-20hrs) my body never really had time to adjust past the side effects. (at least that whole thing about adjusting is what the psychiatrist told me and it makes sense). what i can tell you is even during the month i was on it and the week or so of insanity i never really felt "zombie-like" actually today i have been pretty productive but i think most of this is just an upswing of my BPD. if youd like i can get back to you in a month or 2 and let you know. or you can message me and i can give you updates now and again (honestly id kinda rather the last one, my memory isnt the best and i might forget lol)