Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
What do you guys take? I'm prescribed 175mg Zoloft, 150mg Wellbutrin, .5mg Ativan (as needed), and .5mg Risperidone. I stopped all that shit in one night, and I feel way worse, but I hope quitting gives me the courage to ctb.

I dunno if this is considered a lot of medications but it feels like fucking way too much. I was taking 6/7/8 pills a day because the Zoloft was 4 different pills. I felt like I had fucking cancer--which, ironically, would do me a lot more good.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, sif and 3 others
Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
Well stopping them abruptly is one way to get the courage I suppose.

I'm on 21 different medications and take many of them 4x daily, many more 2x daily, and a handful as needed with certain symptoms.

I've looked depressingly into my pill sorters too. Taking so many and I'm "young yet". But I finally, after 5 years of fiddling with them, got a regimen that works more days than not.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, Johnnythefox and 4 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
Well stopping them abruptly is one way to get the courage I suppose.

I'm on 21 different medications and take many of them 4x daily, many more 2x daily, and a handful as needed with certain symptoms.

I've looked depressingly into my pill sorters too. Taking so many and I'm "young yet". But I finally, after 5 years of fiddling with them, got a regimen that works more days than not.
I can't imagine having to take so many pills in a day, sounds like hell. Glad you were able to find a more suitable regimen though.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, sif and 3 others
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I'm currently on 20 mg fluoxetine, 100 mg quetiapine, 600 mg lithium.

Plus to help sleeping I take regularly melathonine.

Also the lithium should be probably at least 300 mg more, but in that case I would have to make blood exams.
I don't want to make any other medical exams in the rest of my life since I don' want to know/care what any other condition I could possibly have.

Stopping taking my pills will most probably let me fall in catatonic depression and that won't help me in CTB or in doing any other thing.

On the "a lot of pills" taken matter, many years ago I was under an heavy dosage of clomipramine, this means taking pills by a handful instead of counting dozens of them.

Reactions: Sunset764, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 5 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
I've been on 27 different psychiatric medications in the past 3 years.

Now I just take Zolpidem once in a while but I'll probably quit that too.

Reactions: Schizotypal, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 6 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
45mg Mirtazapine, 50mg Sertraline, 2-4mg diazepam as and when required , 7.5mg Zopiclone. Don't take the sleepers every night though. Mood stabilizers being added soon, so says my therapist.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, therhydler and 4 others
WhyWasIBorn

WhyWasIBorn

I didn't ask to be here... so why can't I leave?
Jan 18, 2019
Gave 7 medications a try, nothing works, only the side effects, and when switching you get to risk withdrawal symptoms.

It's truly sad it's 2019 and these are so commonly prescribed but don't do shit, and can have side effects of both worsening depression and suicide, such a joke. Thanks Doc

Reactions: Sunset764, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 5 others
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I've been off medication for depression for quite some time. I tried for many years but they either did nothing or made me sicker. Right now I take Ativan occasionally for insomnia and Propranolol, Valacyclovir, Planquenil, and Low Dose Naltrexone for another unrelated illness that I have. Recently I went back to my psychiatrist at my parent's request and was recommended Wellbutrin. If I'm not going to ctb soon I may as well give it a try.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, therhydler and 3 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
Gave 7 medications a try, nothing works, only the side effects, and when switching you get to risk withdrawal symptoms.

It's truly sad it's 2019 and these are so commonly prescribed but don't do shit, and can have side effects of both worsening depression and suicide, such a joke. Thanks Doc
It really is sad. These medications are barely understood and handed out like candy on Halloween.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, Hopeless_soul and 4 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
I'm currently on 20 mg fluoxetine, 100 mg quetiapine, 600 mg lithium.

Plus to help sleeping I take regularly melathonine.

Also the lithium should be probably at least 300 mg more, but in that case I would have to make blood exams.
I don't want to make any other medical exams in the rest of my life since I don' want to know/care what any other condition I could possibly have.

Stopping taking my pills will most probably let me fall in catatonic depression and that won't help me in CTB or in doing any other thing.

On the "a lot of pills" taken matter, many years ago I was under an heavy dosage of clomipramine, this means taking pills by a handful instead of counting dozens of them.
I've only seen people take pills by the handful in movies, sounds rough. :(

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I've only seen people take pills by the handful in movies, sounds rough. :(
When they started massive IV of that was even worse, after a while they run out of place where put the needle.

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
What do you guys take? I'm prescribed 175mg Zoloft, 150mg Wellbutrin, .5mg Ativan (as needed), and .5mg Risperidone. I stopped all that shit in one night, and I feel way worse, but I hope quitting gives me the courage to ctb.

I dunno if this is considered a lot of medications but it feels like fucking way too much. I was taking 6/7/8 pills a day because the Zoloft was 4 different pills. I felt like I had fucking cancer--which, ironically, would do me a lot more good.
Yes, sometimes the mix of different pills at different hours can be frustating.
I think they are keen to give a lot of different pills to people that are just starting to taking them, maybe because people have higher hopes and patience and also because they hope at least one will work.

What I hate the most was takinng a 1/4 of already little pill that wasn't supposed to be halved or such.
At the end to make a barely good quarter I had to waste the rest of the pill.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I've been off medication for depression for quite some time. I tried for many years but they either did nothing or made me sicker. Right now I take Ativan occasionally for insomnia and Propranolol, Valacyclovir, Planquenil, and Low Dose Naltrexone for another unrelated illness that I have. Recently I went back to my psychiatrist at my parent's request and was recommended Wellbutrin. If I'm not going to ctb soon I may as well give it a try.

I'm imagining you might be in America? In England, Wellbutrin is hardly ever perscribed as I *think* it's only licensed here as an smoking cessation medication. However, word has filtered round that it helps weight loss and boosts sex drive so many middle-class mothers are trying desperately to get themselves private perscriptions for it!

Reactions: Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 4 others
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
My first psychiatrist was sort of trying to cure people throwing pills at them.
He was probably the most important in town... maybe he got just a good aim :hihi:

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 3 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
I'm imagining you might be in America? In England, Wellbutrin is hardly ever perscribed as I *think* it's only licensed here as an smoking cessation medication. However, word has filtered round that it helps weight loss and boosts sex drive so many middle-class mothers are trying desperately to get themselves private perscriptions for it!
I've also heard that you can snort it and experience effects similar to cocaine...

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and 2 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
I've also heard that you can snort it and experience effects similar to cocaine...

Myth. The DAT blockade of Bupropion is too weak to give a stimulant-like high, wheter you ingest it, snort it (it burns like hell) or IV it.
You just risk seizures.

Reactions: waived, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I'm currently coming off prozac, but I've my fair share of candy over the years.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
Yes, I am from America. Here it's not that uncommon as an antidepressant. As well as smoke cessation like you mentioned, some psychs are even prescribing it off label for ADHD/ADD as an alternative to stimulants. I guess it's a drug with many possible uses, but only time will tell if it does anything for me.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Yes, I am from America. Here it's not that uncommon as an antidepressant. As well as smoke cessation like you mentioned, some psychs are even prescribing it off label for ADHD/ADD as an alternative to stimulants. I guess it's a drug with many possible uses, but only time will tell if it does anything for me.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you - it's known as the "skinny, sexy, happy drug" here !
All the best xx

Reactions: Dead Meat, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 3 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
Myth. The DAT blockade of Bupropion is too weak to give a stimulant-like high, wheter you ingest it, snort it (it burns like hell) or IV it.
You just risk seizures.
Damn, I guess I'll take that off my bucket list then :(

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
I'm currently coming off prozac, but I've my fair share of candy over the years.
I've been prescribed a bunch of shit as well in the past--including some antipsychotic called Saphris that I'm pretty sure the doctor wanted to experiment on me with. Hope all goes well with you and Prozac, though!

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I've been prescribed a bunch of shit as well in the past--including some antipsychotic called Saphris that I'm pretty sure the doctor wanted to experiment on me with. Hope all goes well with you and Prozac, though!
Thanks, I think the majority of shit they hand out are more harmful than helpful.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 6 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I've taken many things, but the worst ever was quetiapine; that made me a zombie. Zopiclone was bad too since it gave me memory problems. Escitalopram, for depression, was ok: almost no side effects. But I prefer to fully feel all the shit I am. It's tough though, because of insomnia, but I don't care anymore.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
I've taken many things, but the worst ever was quetiapine; that made me a zombie. Zopiclone was bad too since it gave me memory problems. Escitalopram, for depression, was ok: almost no side effects. But I prefer to fully feel all the shit I am. It's tough though, because of insomnia, but I don't care anymore.
I completely agree about the "fully feel the shit I am" statement. I don't want to cover up how garbage of a human being I am with chemicals, I'd much rather face it myself and hopefully ctb.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Prozac and Abilify.

Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I completely agree about the "fully feel the shit I am" statement. I don't want to cover up how garbage of a human being I am with chemicals, I'd much rather face it myself and hopefully ctb.

Some stuff could actually help if you had the willingness to get better, I'd guess (with decent help, which is rare). Nobody said that life was easy (the self-help people belong to another tribe, they just want money, etc.). I want to die with all my heart, but I don't deny there's a way of getting better... Life is hard whether you decide to live, to die... You have to face so many ethical issues...

But yeah, I remember the first time I tried Prozac: it was absolutely horrible. I didn't feel anything. All the sadness was gone, but I was a living ghost.

And I'm pretty sure you are not garbage... Maybe you are in a lot of pain, and think that of yourself...

Hugs X

Transcendental
Nov 18, 2018
Some stuff could actually help if you had the willingness to get better, I'd guess (with decent help, which is rare). Nobody said that life was easy (the self-help people belong to another tribe, they just want money, etc.). I want to die with all my heart, but I don't deny there's a way of getting better... Life is hard whether you decide to live, to die... You have to face so many ethical issues...

But yeah, I remember the first time I tried Prozac: it was absolutely horrible. I didn't feel anything. All the sadness was gone, but I was a living ghost.

And I'm pretty sure you are not garbage... Maybe you are in a lot of pain, and think that of yourself...

Hugs X
Thank you for the kind words.

D

Druvian

Jan 19, 2019
I'm on so many meds to manage my ptsd but none of them work

Quetiapine
Sertraline
propranolol
prazosin