dopamineDeluge

dopamineDeluge

finn
Apr 8, 2023
What media portrayals of severe depression or suicide do you consider exceptionally good? For me, the sopranos has numerous displays of both. I remember a scene in which a character is talking to psychiatrist, and says "How are people not depressed? You'd have to be crazy not to be". That line always stuck with me.

The apathy in this scene i also find especially relatable and realistic.

you should watch beautiful boy. it's based on the true story of a meth addict and has the cute chlamydia boy everyone likes. amazing and accurate depiction of addiction

Tyrone Slothrop

Tyrone Slothrop

Mar 10, 2023
No longer human by Dazai
Some DFW stories
Notes from underground by Dostoevsky
Kafka's works
Miss Lonelyhearts by West
Journey to the end of the night by Céline
Evangelion

Reactions: coldbesideuu
mytimemysunflower

mytimemysunflower

Feb 18, 2023
OMORI is definitely a favourite of mine, I don't think it's very accurate with it's main plot point, but I think the way some characters (basil and sunny) are portrayed are really really interesting and good. Milk inside of a bag of milk inside of a bag of milk is really good too, it's the second game, and it's rather short, but the way everything is depicted is so interesting.
I'm glad I found another person who enjoys OMORI the same way I do, it helps me cope with all the nasty feelings inside of me

Reactions: RainyPrimadonna
xpdawn

xpdawn

manhwa lover
Apr 12, 2023
I really like Seasons of Blossom and Sweet home ! They both deal with the concept of suicide and depression (as well as bullying and self harm) so they really hit home .