alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
No media vehicles see fit to mention how successful suicidal people are now free from their pain and suffering.

Here in Brazil we're going through "Setembro Amarelo" (Yellow September), a nationwide yearly campaign to promote suicide prevention.

I don't see how this campaign prevents any suicides at all. As if a yellow-themed month of the year would relieve the pain I feel in my heart every single minute of every single day, despite my efforts to take medicine and psychotherapy.

I guess non-suicidal people just don't get how it is to permanently desire to cease to exist. Campaigning against suicide and advising me to seek help, as if I haven't already exhausted my options.

Meanwhile I can't do it because of what I think I would put my family through, nor do I wish for anyone to commit suicide. I also encourage people to seek help because it's what one does. I can only speak for myself and my feelings, and I feel I'm beyond help. So fuck me and my hypocritical way of dealing with all this.

All's left for me is to wish for the world to swallow me while I live day after day with this disgusting pain, discomfort and suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, EternalShore, Teleftaía Anapnoí and 7 others
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
No media vehicles see fit to mention how successful suicidal people are now free from their pain and suffering.

Here in Brazil we're going through "Setembro Amarelo" (Yellow September), a nationwide yearly campaign to promote suicide prevention.

I don't see how this campaign prevents any suicides at all. As if a yellow-themed month of the year would relieve the pain I feel in my heart every single minute of every single day, despite my efforts to take medicine and psychotherapy.

I guess non-suicidal people just don't get how it is to permanently desire to cease to exist. Campaigning against suicide and advising me to seek help, as if I haven't already exhausted my options.

Meanwhile I can't do it because of what I think I would put my family through, nor do I wish for anyone to commit suicide. I also encourage people to seek help because it's what one does. I can only speak for myself and my feelings, and I feel I'm beyond help. So fuck me and my hypocritical way of dealing with all this.

All's left for me is to wish for the world to swallow me while I live day after day with this disgusting pain, discomfort and suffering.
Can you please share what chronic condition are you suffering from?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide prevention is just prolonging suffering, the whole idea of such a thing disgusts me, I wish people could just mind their own business as if someone else wants to cease existing on their own terms it's simply not their decision to make. Suicide is actually something relieving as it means peace from this cruel and harmful existence, the right to die should always be respected.

Reactions: floralheaddress and myusername890
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
Iam from brazil too, I always thought yellow September was a shit month. I always saw those coaches talking about how easy it is to overcome depression. Just exercise and eat well. I always ask these people a single question and they can never answer it. "So how can a homeless person, or someone in a financially vulnerable situation, get out of this?" Silence, vague answers, etc., etc. No one is prepared to face reality head on. When they are put against the wall, they lose arguments and become powerless. Recently I've been using the global warming argument and I'm also not getting answers from anyone. Nobody wants to think about reality, we live in a fantasy world for them.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023

That sounds like a month made purely for pro-lifers to feel good rather than actually doing something with their own beliefs. :/ Or you know, ask and try to understand why sewer slidal people would even feel that! >_<

Reactions: Teleftaía Anapnoí