• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

endlessmelancholy

endlessmelancholy

Jun 12, 2024
I'm 31 years old and I have achieved nothing meaningful all my life. I don't have any purpose or goals in life. I don't want to live but I don't want to ctb now either. I'm just curious if you guys have found meaning or purpose in life? Or is it just meaningless for you as well?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, Cinnamorolls, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
I live for the experience, and nothing else. Suffering is the price I pay to be a spectator in this grand theatre.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, mikgazer6, endlessmelancholy and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Realizing that I'm not the main character, I'm just one of billions of people each with their own experiences, helped me appreciate my own experiences more.

It's my life. It's not necessarily the best or perfect, but it's mine. It's my art project, my LEGO design, my Roller Coaster Tycoon Park, etc. Sure I could pop on YouTube and see some Asian kid's creation that makes mine look like a baby randomly threw it together by comparison, but I still have a fondness for mine.

I've met good people. They're my friends, my partner, my mentors and mentees. I want to be good to them. I want to be a good part of their story like they are of mine.

I take pride in the fact that I give more than I take. I don't owe people. I contribute, even if it's nothing above and beyond.

My partner is my world. I believe in romance and monogamy and find comfort in dedicating myself to her after a lifetime of struggle with relationships.

I make music. I've come to terms that it'll never be on the radio, but it's mine. It's a product of who I am. My house, my personality, my situation... It's not perfect. It's not what I dreamed. But it is mine, and this is the only chance I have to witness it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tortured_empath, endlessmelancholy, permanently tired and 2 others
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
⚠️ 21 - disregard opinion ⚠️

Like derpyderpins said, knowing that everyone is their own person with unique experiences has helped me. My life is my own creation. As cliche as it is, I believe life is what you make of it and meaning/purpose to be something assigned by yourself.

I've made it my purpose to indulge in my hobbies and be a spectator to as much art as I desire and only do the minimum to fend off homelessness and worry from my family. I know this is not a normal nor sustainable way to live and I guess being on this forum helps prove that lol. My ultimate goal in life is to acquire and listen to a physical mikgazer vol.1 CD, though I'm not closed off to adding, removing, or shifting my purpose until then. As much as I currently believe my life will end in suicide, I can't say for certain. Down the road I might strive to be a middle class religious man with a wife, 1.94 kids, and a salary job and be content with that.

• Love
Reactions: endlessmelancholy, Praestat_Mori and derpyderpins
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I saw a quote the other day that said "despair is suffering without meaning"

I think for most people suffering is ok if you are getting something out of it or it leads somewhere. Most people are probably happy to endure a lot of hardship or pain if they have loved ones, or a faith or just a reason for it all.

I do struggle to find a purpose or meaning. I think ultimtately I believe there is no real purpose to life we are just free to make of it what we can. Like a couple of the comments above I don't really strive to achieve anything anymore or beleive that I am anything special. I just try to enjoy simple hobbies and try to make friends, have some small goals and maybe I can endure a bit of suffering if I just accept it's part of the course.

Reactions: endlessmelancholy, SoulCage, Cinnamorolls and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: endlessmelancholy, Praestat_Mori and derpyderpins
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Objectively life is meaningless. Yet I still prefer to live my life bc subjectively my life isn't that bad.

Currently, I don't have a purpose in life. Yet even without a purpose, it might be worth going on living for me with some hope for the future.

Reactions: endlessmelancholy and Cinnamorolls
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
"The meaning of life is that it ends." - Kafka

I'm in the same boat as you but a few years older. That apathetic, in-between feeling is indeed brutal.

Reactions: endlessmelancholy