Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
this thought has been all i have in my mind lately, whenever i see people being healthy, good looking, having relationships, achievements in life and dreams for the future, all i say to myself is "well, maybe in another life".

i don't know, maybe this is because i already gave up on any good thing happening to me in this life, all the dreams that i had are dead and next year i'll be dead too, but even though i don't really believe in an afterlife, i still hold a little bit of hope that maybe there is a next life and it will be better than this one.

can anyone relate?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TotallyIsolated, _Minsk, Sensei and 9 others
W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Yes. All of my hopes are pinned to next life. I always think, next life, I may be just like my friend in real life, pretty, successful in her career, successful in family and successful in love

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, mediocre and Fragile
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah definitely. I'll usually feel really happy for those people, but then question like why not me? why wasn't i good enough for such things?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, noctiva, mediocre and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah definitely. I'll usually feel really happy for those people, but then question like why not me? why wasn't i good enough for such things?

exactly how i feel, first happiness for them, but why can't i be one of those people?
i know life is supposed to be unfair for some, but why me?

• Love
Reactions: mediocre and pole
charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
I find echoes of my own thoughts in your words. I don't go out very much anymore, but sometimes I'll go into town or a park and I'll find a place to sit. I watch people running their chores; mothers walking their kids; couples window shopping, and I'll wonder what it would be like to just be in the world.

I don't know about the afterlife. For the longest time, I claimed to be a militant atheist. But something's happened as I've gotten closer to my death; fear of oblivion, certainly, but there's also the yearning for a kind of second chance. I hope we both get it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Fragile and Moonicide
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Yes, I'm comforted by the fact that I might get another chance in the afterlife to repeat this life but correct all my mistakes.

Reactions: Pan, mediocre and Fragile
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I often think and feel that way as well... When I do go out, which is only a few times a month, I feel connected to nothing. It's almost as if I'm the audience watching a movie called life. There's this barrier there, always. What hit me, was recently I went out with a friend to watch a movie, and so many parents with their children were there waiting for the movie to start. It was so foreign to me. Parents? Taking their kids to the movies? Actually being parents? They're happy. The kids are smiling too. I can't understand it... And I think, well, maybe in another life I could have had that. In another life I could have had a better childhood and have the opportunity to be a mother to provide the same for them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei, mediocre, GHOST99 and 2 others
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Absolutely. I got physically sick when I was 20 so I never got to live life. I've been in the house for 14 years. Never experienced love, never travelled, never got to fulfill any of my dreams or passions, never had a career....that I'm not so sad about haha. Never bought my own house. There were so many things I wanted to try in life but it just isn't possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wayfaerer and Fragile
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Yes, I'm comforted by the fact that I might get another chance in the afterlife to repeat this life but correct all my mistakes.
Yes, you will, and return the better for the experience. I do not believe that we carry bad karma into our new life.

Reactions: TearyEyedQueen and Fragile
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I really understand what you mean. It's called wishful thinking and I am guilty of it. I'm desperate to believe in reincarnation because I hadn't lived at all in this one. I know better, though. Probably wouldn't be born in a decent environment anyway given probability.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fragile
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
When you die, no matter what the reason, you will relive your life AS YOU and no one else. Whatever mistakes you have experienced in this life will be over; you will be free to live again and again, each time becoming stronger for it. Death is not the end; it is an opportunity for a new beginning.

B

barty1013

Oct 24, 2019
I've met over a dozen people who've had near death experiences and read every story I can...I always believed in it, but all the information I've gathered, it's true. And there's no punishment in leaving by one's own volition...but you will be in the same state after as before. We go to the light, like everyone else. I look forward to my transition.

Reactions: _Minsk
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
this thought has been all i have in my mind lately, whenever i see people being healthy, good looking, having relationships, achievements in life and dreams for the future, all i say to myself is "well, maybe in another life".

i don't know, maybe this is because i already gave up on any good thing happening to me in this life, all the dreams that i had are dead and next year i'll be dead too, but even though i don't really believe in an afterlife, i still hold a little bit of hope that maybe there is a next life and it will be better than this one.

can anyone relate?
I find echoes of my own thoughts in your words. I don't go out very much anymore, but sometimes I'll go into town or a park and I'll find a place to sit. I watch people running their chores; mothers walking their kids; couples window shopping, and I'll wonder what it would be like to just be in the world.

I don't know about the afterlife. For the longest time, I claimed to be a militant atheist. But something's happened as I've gotten closer to my death; fear of oblivion, certainly, but there's also the yearning for a kind of second chance. I hope we both get it.
As I see it, there is no need to fear oblivion as it cannot be conceived of. It follows that that which cannot be conceived of cannot exist. You own yourself forever; reincarnation is supported by hard science.

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
If there is one thing the Bhagavad Gita taught me is that reincarnation is as natural as rising from a restful sleep. Much like flowers that bloom again and again, we do the same. These cycles of existence spin endlessly. I know it is true because I FEEL
IT DEEPLY INSIDE. Welcome dying; you will not be disappointed.

Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
Reincarnation exists but not for everyone , there are those who get to stay and live their life without ever returning to earth .

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
You are reincarnated whether you wish to be or not; no one can escapes it. I know this is true because I FEEL IT DEEPLY WITHIN and because quantum physics helps point the way. You are you forever. Even enlightenment philosophers like, say, Voltaire knew this when he said "of course I lived before—-I live now. When you see it as part of a continuum, it changes you. I can cite many examples in my life that confirm this truth.

D

Deboneire1

Lost all, lost everything
Sep 15, 2022
Just ignore. Im trying to get some comments up so I can send and receive PMs.