O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I generally think of psychics as fraudulent.

Most use a trick called 'Cold Reading' to pull information out of subject and making it appear that they are receiving information from beyond.

However, I've been watching quite a few YouTube videos on readings by Matt Fraser.

He's really on-point with specific details that wouldn't have been known publicly.

Anyone care to debunk? I can't figure out how he does it.

• Aww..
Reactions: onleana, Rational man and Famous Last Words
F

Famous Last Words

"Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."
Feb 24, 2022
OK, because of this post, I've spent most of the evening watching this guy do his psychic mediuming and I am also intrigued as to how he does it. Also considering visiting a psychic medium.

Last edited:
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Of course, he'll put up his 'best' videos on his YouTube channel.

It would be interesting to see him do this live, so I've booked a spot on one of his forthcoming online Zoom sessions.

Google 'Operation Peach Pit' where the New York Times attempted to debunk him with mixed results.

• Yay!
Reactions: Shu and Famous Last Words
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Hmmm interesting topic. Will try to look into it. However, I believe this post is better suited in the "Offtopic" section.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
The only psychic that matter is shawn spencer.

F

Famous Last Words

Feb 24, 2022
He's all over my YouTube recommendations now so I just watched another. This one had me in tears by the end as it involves suicide and is very emotional. How on earth does he do this?

I've always been very skeptical of things like this though. I've never had anything to do with mediums or psychics but I've been more open minded since learning about Near Death Experiences (which I realised are definitely not nonsense when you do some serious research into them). And UFOs are real now. Once you start opening the door, then you definitely fall down a rabbit hole.

This Derren Brown episode made me vow to never visit a psychic or open the door to any of this nonsense. But it's good to be able to change your mind about things...

Last edited:
Reactions: OldDrummer
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
This Derren Brown episode made me vow to never visit a psychic or open the door to any of this nonsense. But it's good to be able to change your mind about things...

I love Derren Brown. He's a genius and a fantastic showman.

What impresses me about Matt Fraser are the individual one-to-one sessions.

If he was working a crowd, it would be like "I'm getting someone called John, did someone know a John?"

But he seems to be getting eerily correct little details without being prompted.

Reactions: Famous Last Words
F

Famous Last Words

Feb 24, 2022

If he was working a crowd, it would be like "I'm getting someone called John, did someone know a John?"

But he seems to be getting eerily correct little details without being prompted.

This is what I picked up as well. The guy in the Derren Brown episode is clearly fishing for tiny nuggets of information to expand upon and his "hit" rate is very average. The misses are quickly forgotten about by the "mark" and he's good at manipulating the grieving person into thinking it's a successful reading because he got some information right.

But it's the opposite with Matt Fraser. In this one, he's stopping the news anchor from speaking - "don't tell me, don't tell me" - and everything he's saying is clearly hitting for both readings. So he's either done a lot of research beforehand or something else is going on. But how could he have known that the woman speaks to her dead dad in the car from Facebook?

I'd love to attend a live session as well, to see if he's selectively posting his good readings. The New York Times journalist, who was as sceptical as they come, was clearly moved by the experience of a live show.

Last edited:
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I love Matt

I do believe there's more then we see

Reactions: whatevs, Foresight and OldDrummer
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019

That was an intense watch. Her grief was palpable. We have to respect our life partner's grief after suicide. I'm not saying anyone has to stay for anyone else, but respect what they will go through and I would try my best to not leave too many unanswered questions. Always let them know it wasn't them.

• Love
Reactions: Famous Last Words and OldDrummer
F

Famous Last Words

Feb 24, 2022

Right, this is happening because of you making this post. I've made an enquiry with a psychic medium in London. He looks very professional and has some amazing reviews with people saying he's the real deal. I found a YouTube video where another medium mentioned how great he was so I'm feeling quite hopeful that he's more Matt Fraser and less Joe Power.

It hurts to be spending this much money on something I'm still inherently suspicious of but hey, I'm suicidal so I have nothing to lose anyway.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting. My parents, uncles and grandmother are all dead - all the people who were the adults in my life growing up. I don't want to hear from my dad (a drunk narcissist who resented my existence) or uncle on my mum's side (he was a horrible person and I'll ignore him if I see him on the other side as well) but it would be lovely to hear from the rest of them.

Reactions: Foresight
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
He's all over my YouTube recommendations now so I just watched another. This one had me in tears by the end as it involves suicide and is very emotional. How on earth does he do this?

I dunno man. I want to believe but right off the bat he's like "Your grandfather? Nope? Your father? Nope? Then... A man that died of a heart attack". Seems like a discarding technique to me.

Reactions: Natty
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
this thread is making me realize that i could get rich again by just selling sad people tarot cards and shit

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Famous Last Words and OldDrummer
F

Famous Last Words

Feb 24, 2022
How much, if you don't me asking?
It's £75 for an hour (which is a lot for me in my current circumstances). Although it's the same price therapy was, so I'm justifying it on that basis.

He can't fit me in for a couple of weeks though so now I'm committed to staying alive for a bit longer. Every day is possibly The Day recently, which means I'm sort of living hour by hour with no future plans. Like, I'm not even shopping for food or exercising anymore because I might be committing suicide in the evening. Now I'm going to be around for a bit longer so I'll go out for a bike ride today and get some shopping in for the week.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
It's £75 for an hour (which is a lot for me in my current circumstances). Although it's the same price therapy was, so I'm justifying it on that basis.

He can't fit me in for a couple of weeks though so now I'm committed to staying alive for a bit longer. Every day is possibly The Day recently, which means I'm sort of living hour by hour with no future plans. Like, I'm not even shopping for food or exercising anymore because I might be committing suicide in the evening. Now I'm going to be around for a bit longer so I'll go out for a bike ride today and get some shopping in for the week.

Eek! I used to read friends' palms for free.

I stopped when reading the palm of a brother of a friend at a party. I knew already he had a young daughter but his palm was telling me that he had two kids.

When I said that he immediately pulled his hand back and said "not doing this anymore".

I heard a few weeks later that his wife had a miscarriage a few months' ago. I had no idea.

The fact that my reading upset him so made me not want to read palms anymore and not screw around with it anymore.
Now I'm going to be around for a bit longer so I'll go out for a bike ride today and get some shopping in for the week.

Good.

Last edited:
F

Famous Last Words

Feb 24, 2022
Eek! I used to read friends' palms for free.

I stopped when reading the palm of a brother of a friend at a party. I knew already he had a young daughter but his palm was telling me that he had two kids.

When I said that he immediately pulled his hand back and said "not doing this anymore".

I heard a few weeks later that his wife had a miscarriage a few months' ago. I had no idea.

The fact that my reading upset him so made me not want to read palms anymore and not screw around with it anymore.

Good.

After reading through all his reviews, I'm actually quite optimistic that it isn't a scam. I know there a lot of people who want to believe so they'll use confirmation bias to make it all fit but if he was just guessing and cold reading, there would be a few bad reviews in there and I can't find any that are bad. They're all five stars reviews raving about hiim and many repeat customers.

I've watched a few more of Matt Fraser's videos and the level of detail in them is absolutely crazy. I'm convinced that something more is at play here because here's no way he's getting that information from Facebook. The guy in the Derren Brown video extracts information and then uses that to prove he's connecting to something, which he clearly isn't, and then drags it out and repeats himself a lot. He repeats back a lot of what he's just been told like he's sharing new information and it's just all so manipulative and snide. Matt Fraser is like a fountain of detailed messages and everything resonates with the person he's reading for. He doesn't ask any questions or fish for information - it just pours out of him. It's on a totally different level. I've never seen anything like it.

Palm reading, that's interesting. Do you think there's anything to it? I'm back in sceptical mode here but it sounds intriguing.

My plan to live for a bit longer has escalated quickly. I decided that if I'm going to be alive for two weeks, then I might as well go to five weeks. I went for a run and it actually felt pretty great so I came home and entered the Paris Marathon. I only have a month to train now but I'm hoping I can get my fitness back in time. I did a few marathons at the end of last year but I've lost a lot of fitness due to staying in bed for a couple of months and doing nothing but plotting my exit! The suicidal urges are still really strong but now I've paid all this money for my entry, flights and hotel, I've decided to put them to one side until I finish the marathon.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
After reading through all his reviews, I'm actually quite optimistic that it isn't a scam. I know there a lot of people who want to believe so they'll use confirmation bias to make it all fit but if he was just guessing and cold reading, there would be a few bad reviews in there and I can't find any that are bad. They're all five stars reviews raving about hiim and many repeat customers.

I've watched a few more of Matt Fraser's videos and the level of detail in them is absolutely crazy. I'm convinced that something more is at play here because here's no way he's getting that information from Facebook. The guy in the Derren Brown video extracts information and then uses that to prove he's connecting to something, which he clearly isn't, and then drags it out and repeats himself a lot. He repeats back a lot of what he's just been told like he's sharing new information and it's just all so manipulative and snide. Matt Fraser is like a fountain of detailed messages and everything resonates with the person he's reading for. He doesn't ask any questions or fish for information - it just pours out of him. It's on a totally different level. I've never seen anything like it.

Palm reading, that's interesting. Do you think there's anything to it? I'm back in sceptical mode here but it sounds intriguing.

My plan to live for a bit longer has escalated quickly. I decided that if I'm going to be alive for two weeks, then I might as well go to five weeks. I went for a run and it actually felt pretty great so I came home and entered the Paris Marathon. I only have a month to train now but I'm hoping I can get my fitness back in time. I did a few marathons at the end of last year but I've lost a lot of fitness due to staying in bed for a couple of months and doing nothing but plotting my exit! The suicidal urges are still really strong but now I've paid all this money for my entry, flights and hotel, I've decided to put them to one side until I finish the marathon.

Good for you.

I think the guy in the Derren Brown video is very, very self-delusional and cold-reading without realising it.

Fraser is certainly interesting. As a believer in Buddhist doctrine, I do believe in the Akashic records. Now, is Fraser accessing these to glean details and pretend like the spirts are coming through? I think it really believes in his own ability and I don't sense a guile about him.

When I was reading palms, I used them to access the Akashic records. I didn't sugar-coat things. What I usually saw was generally ugly and really negative. I always told the truth about what I saw as the very few people I actually read were paying off some really heavy Karmic debt. But people never want to hear the truth and want some sugar-coated Pollyanna version of their future....ie. you'll meet a dark stranger and fall in love, etc.

Nothing like the natural endorphins you get from running. It's like a natural heroin produced by your own system.

Like you, my ctb plans have gone from short to mid term. There are certain things I need to do and plan for for my family after my passing that are still in progress.

I want to approach this process level-headed and rational. No offence to some of our younger members and their pain, but on the whole, I've had a really good and sweet life. I don't want to do this in a moment of crazy impulse.

Drinking wine and listening to Radiohead Kid A right now in a house that I've almost paid the mortgage off on. That'll do for now!

• Love
Reactions: Shu and Foresight
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I'm now 50/50 about this guy. I've a ticket for a hour on-line Zoom group session in May.

I say that because I think he puts his 'greatest hits' on YouTube. It will be interesting to see him work a virtual room for an hour.

I'm familiar enough with Cold Reading, Barnum-statements and "shotgunning" to know if he's taking the piss.

Personally? I don't think he's that intelligent enough to enact major fraud. Like most sociopaths, I think he does believe in what he's doing to be the truth.

At best, what I suspect is that he's unconsciously accessing Akashic records to glean a little family history and tailing it with "Well, they are looking after you now in heaven and are with you always" as a happy ending.

He says specific statements like "I'm the father!" or "I'm the grandfather!" but cannot give a name.

• Love
Reactions: Foresight