J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
So... Long story short, my first attempt failed. I bailed out due to survival instinct. Now I'm homeless and on disability. Living with a child sex offender (no proof other than my gut feeling after overhearing one of his phone conversation) in the same room. As you can imagine, my second attempt won't be a failed one. As such, since some resources got taken down since my attempt, I'm building a list of what I need.

My method of choice is nitrogen. I'm having a hard time matching extension hose (BSP female) with a 0.38 inch outer diameter with the EEBD inner diameter (6mm - 0.2 something inches). How can I best choose the double-sided hose barb so that both ends fit and that I minimize the leaks?

J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
Ok. Found out hose has the same inner.diameter.as the EEBD hose. This is perfect. Anyone knows what type of double-sided hose barb to buy? There's 1/2" (0.5inches - this seems to me too big), 1/4" (0.25 inches - this seems a little too big compared to inner.diameter.of.hose/eebd of 0.236 inches)

J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
Did a bit more research and seems 1/4" is the smallest from this particular vendor. Will this be a problem given that the double-sided hose barb is 0.25 inches in diameter compared to 0.236 inner diameter of the hose and the EEBD hose? How will I be able to fit them? Won't this cause a rupture in the hose?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The hose should easily stretch the 0.014 inch to accomadate the 0.250 hose barb. You'd want the hose to have an interference fit, anyway, with the barb, so it seals around the barb. I assume you're putting some type of clamp on the hose/barb connection, too. You shouldn't need it, but if it's difficult for you to get the hose on the barb, just put some liquid soap on the barb and the hose should slide on easily. 0.014 difference is not much. There should be no rupture concerns.

Reactions: Jdieiejdjaow
J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
The hose should easily stretch the 0.014 inch to accomadate the 0.250 hose barb. You'd want the hose to have an interference fit, anyway, with the barb, so it seals around the barb. I assume you're putting some type of clamp on the hose/barb connection, too. You shouldn't need it, but if it's difficult for you to get the hose on the barb, just put some liquid soap on the barb and the hose should slide on easily. 0.014 difference is not much. There should be no rupture concerns.
Thanks. I was thinking along these lines. The only worry I've is that the extension hose is made out of PVC, Polyurethane, or Silicone. I'm skeptical it'd stretch and for sure I don't want to do any modifications on it. Should I get a rubber extension hose instead?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thanks. I was thinking along these lines. The only worry I've is that the extension hose is made out of PVC, Polyurethane, or Silicone. I'm skeptical it'd stretch and for sure I don't want to do any modifications on it. Should I get a rubber extension hose instead?
I think any hose you choose will give enough to slide on a barb that is only 0.014 inches larger than the ID of the hose. That's less than 1/64 of an inch and only 0.007 per "side" all around. As a matter of fact, personally, I'd prefer an even tighter fit. Even just some spit would be enough lube if you need it, which I doubt you will. There's supposed to be interference between hoses and barbs when fitting them together. And there's no real gas pressure, either, in this case since it's just unobstructed flow of 15 LPM, I assume.

J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
I think any hose you choose will give enough to slide on a barb that is only 0.014 inches larger than the ID of the hose. That's less than 1/64 of an inch and only 0.007 per "side" all around. As a matter of fact, personally, I'd prefer an even tighter fit. Even just some spit would be enough lube if you need it, which I doubt you will. There's supposed to be interference between hoses and barbs when fitting them together. And there's no real gas pressure, either, in this case since it's just unobstructed flow of 15 LPM, I assume.
That brings a lot of ease to my mind. Thank you so much! I'm really tight with my budget as I'll have to CTB in a hotel room (being homeless) - like my first attempt, and as such, as you can imagine, I need the setup to work perfectly as I can't take delays. I'll try to assemble & test parts of it in the shelter without raising alarms (all without the nitrogen tank) by saying "I'm testing for oxygen device"; if anyone asks about the eebd until time is right and I get the nitrogen (at which point I'll say, "the nitrogen is for brewing beer and the mask is for oxygen not to inhale fumes" - don't know how well that'll hold). I really have a *very* narrow window between sourcing the equipment, getting the nitrogen gas and CTB in the hotel room by transporting it all there. A working, functional setup from the get go would be ideal.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm really tight with my budget as I'll have to CTB in a hotel room (being homeless)
NP. You should be good on tubing and barbs. You're gonna bring the tank into a hotel room? Be careful. Don't want to get spotted doing that. Sounds extraordinarily complicated how you have to do things based on the situation you're in. Not sure, either, how your excuse for the hood will go over at the shelter. Sounds kinda sketchy. I'm sorry you're in this spot. I hope things work out the way you desire them to.

J

Jdieiejdjaow

Nov 10, 2021
NP. You should be good on tubing and barbs. You're gonna bring the tank into a hotel room? Be careful. Don't want to get spotted doing that. Sounds extraordinarily complicated how you have to do things based on the situation you're in. Not sure, either, how your excuse for the hood will go over at the shelter. Sounds kinda sketchy. I'm sorry you're in this spot. I hope things work out the way you desire them to.
Yep. The first time I attempted I did it in a hotel room. They didn't notice me carrying the gas. I am hoping of a repeat, though this hotel's lobby is smaller and there's a higher chance of getting noticed. I'll try and keep calm and say that it's for a beer brewing event that starts the next day if they notice and ask questions.

My problem is that the hood will come with an oxygen tank. I am still wondering how to dispose of it. While at the shelter, I'm thinking to keep it (the "fumes excuse for brewing beer with a new technique"), but then have to dispose it when I transfer the kit to the hotel room. And, I'm sure the oxygen must come with a serial on it. If I just dump it somewhere the authorities might get alerted and track the order back to me. With an attempt already having failed and interpol on the line, I'm sure that if they track it back to me and link it to the hood, they'll get alerted. I really don't know what to do.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Seems you could just drain the O2 tank and take it to a recycling facility. Call them first. It's either aluminun or stainless steel, and both are recyclable. Tell them you're just cleaning out the house and it's been sitting around for a while and you just want to get rid of it.