• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
As somebody who is extremely self conscious about my facial appearance , I found mask wearing since pandemic has greatly benefited me psychologically as I dont have to worry or think much of how my face looks. I really think I will keep wearing mask long after it is no longer required and my excuse would be that I am just extra paranoid about catching this or any other disease. I think even my suicidality was partially offset by the effect of knowing that others cant tell if I look bad or not. It has been a blessing as I used to be told often that my face looks sad, angry or distraught and I can never hide how I look as I think it is something related to my autism that my facial expressions are generally tense. I wonder if others felt similar and if it helped them feel psychologically better to be able to hide their face and why does that help them?

link to study is interesting evaluation of how mask wearing affects social anxiety https://www.psypost.org/2021/07/mas...people-who-struggle-with-social-anxiety-61598
5B163368 F888 4674 B871 0874E4E5C436

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: brokenwaves, LionsTigersAndBears, not4us and 10 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I love wearing the mask because it hides my face but there is another reason I will wear the mask even after this Covid nonsense subsides. Half of my chin is completely numb from oral surgery many years ago and the mask puts slight pressure on other parts of my face. This pressure helps alleviate my concentration on the numbness in my chin. The totalitarian scum that rule the world have actually done me a favor this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaxAmerica, death137, Winklemate and 3 others
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I noticed this too! Anxiety reduction, that is.

Reactions: PaxAmerica, death137, Winklemate and 2 others
Winklemate

Winklemate

Jul 26, 2021
I'm mixed on this because before COVID, I would basically always wear sunglasses whilst outside or at work because I don't like eye contact, I don't like people seeing my eyes, and every now and again I got a compliment on the sunglasses which was mostly nice. And the mask works great for similar principle but it does conflict with the sunglasses to the point where I've stopped wearing them when I got out because they just get too foggy. So if I make it to the point where it's not longer common, I have quite a Sophie's choice on my hand.

Reactions: not4us, FohPah and newave3
R

Reap94

Jul 21, 2021
You have diagnosed autism?

Reactions: Snake of Eden
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Not for me. My eye area is ugly af but my beard rocks lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: PaxAmerica and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
You have diagnosed autism?
No but I highly suspect that I am neurodivergent. In my home country at 36 years of age no doctor would recommend a diagnosis even when I asked for it because they see no value in it. To me it changed my life and how I see myself in alot of ways some positive and some negative but at least I know why I struggled so much especially socially and still do all my life. I really dont see the need of a formal diagnosis at this point because I believe there are no set traits that you must have to be an autistic and can present very differently in people.
Not for me. My eye area is ugly af but my beard rocks lol.
I hate my hair so i always cover it with a hat but I like my eyes

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalAgain and BluesRunTheGame
R

Reap94

Jul 21, 2021
No but I highly suspect that I am neurodivergent. In my home country at 36 years of age no doctor would recommend a diagnosis even when I asked for it because they see no value in it. To me it changed my life and how I see myself in alot of ways some positive and some negative but at least I know why I struggled so much especially socially and still do all my life. I really dont see the need of a formal diagnosis at this point because I believe there are no set traits that you must have to be an autistic and can present very differently in people.

I hate my hair so i always cover it with a hat but I like my eyes
Thats right,autistic behavior can be seem through a lot of of diagnoses.

Like anxiety can be mistaken for autism. So like often patients with BPD gets misdiagnosed, this is what I've heard my doctor say. They told me after a long trial I didn't have ASD but I'm in line for evaluation of personality disturbances.

I've heard people say I'm autistic mainly because i don't show any expression but also I guess because I have just 1 friend and we don't really click or have that much in common. Come to think of it I had a best friend when I lived somewhere else but the relationship was heavily influenced by drug use.
I'd sY my social behavior is much worse after I got In trouble with drugs

I never knew the dangers with drugs so when they clawed on to me I overused it and they destroyed me after they saved me totally from my long depression.
So basically feeling OK but using for a year and then destroyed completely

Last edited:
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Thats right,autistic behavior can be seem through a lot of of diagnoses.

Like anxiety can be mistaken for autism. So like often patients with BPD gets misdiagnosed, this is what I've heard my doctor say. They told me after a long trial I didn't have ASD but I'm in line for evaluation of personality disturbances.
Ultimately you know best about yourself. Dont let the waiting stops you from educating yourself and get a feel for what resonates more with you as a potential diagnosis. I wish you good luck to learn better about who you are.

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalAgain
R

Reap94

Jul 21, 2021
Ultimately you know best about yourself. Dont let the waiting stops you from educating yourself and get a feel for what resonates more with you as a potential diagnosis. I wish you good luck to learn better about who you are.
Except I don't care anymore. I'm done with life. Just a matter of month's before I go.

Fuvk this cesspool biology and fuvk the randomness in life, the randomness that plays so closely with life and death .
It's absurd looking at life like if it was a lottery because it really is. It's bizarre

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Except I don't care anymore. I'm done with life. Just a matter of month's before I go.

Fuvk this cesspool biology and fuvk the randomness in life, the randomness that plays so closely with life and death .
It's absurd looking at life like if it was a lottery because it really is. It's bizarre
I relate alot to what you say. I share the same nihilism as you. I think with whats left of my time it doesnt hurt to learn more about why i am who i am because ultimately ctb or not it all what is life is about is to self actualize and i dont mean in maslow's definition. I mean in more personal sense. I hope you find peace and happiness in whatever time period we have on earth.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I actually don't mind wearing masks at all, I like having my face partially hidden.

Reactions: PaxAmerica and Snake of Eden
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
There's actually lockdown addiction being talked about in circles like ours.
I didn't mind the masks too other than breathing. It sure made getting my shopping easier.

• Love
Reactions: PaxAmerica
PaxAmerica

PaxAmerica

Just Passing
Apr 15, 2021
Masks are great for my anxiety. No one looks at you. Its like your wearing an invisible cloak. And i dont have to shave.

Reactions: FuneralCry, brokenwaves, RainAndSadness and 2 others
rotten

rotten

Apr 14, 2021
I agree. This has definitely helped out with my social anxiety whenever I need to go out. I know it's not a good thing, but where I live they are making you wear them again.. and.....well....I'm glad.

Reactions: FuneralCry and PaxAmerica
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I know a lot of trans people appreciate the masks because it hides lack of passing and therefore resolves some gender dysphoria related to social interactions. I'm also part of the group that enjoys wearing a mask for that reason and it helps with social anxiety. Long live the masks. My hope is that we can establish a similiar culture that exists in many Asian countries where wearing a mask in public under certain circumstances is completely normal and even considered a decent gesture. It doesn't look like the pandemic comes to an end very soon anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: not4us, Homecoming and brokenwaves
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'll still be wearing one through choice

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming