• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you married?

• YES

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • NO

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

šŸš«Safety is a figment of the imaginationšŸš«
Jul 1, 2020
It's made things complicated and one of the reasons I want to ctb. However its more complicated then that branching off into several different reasons however all stemming from me being married.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
It's effected it pretty bad. My mental problems especially ptsd and BPD and of course being suicidal have caused lots of turmoil in past relationships. No different with marriage I feel like I ruined my spouses life. Its just such a long complicated story I could fill up a whole page.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It's effected it pretty bad. My mental problems especially ptsd and BPD and of course being suicidal have caused lots of turmoil in past relationships. No different with marriage I feel like I ruined my spouses life. Its just such a long complicated story I could fill up a whole page.
How did ptsd complicate it?

I've avoided relationships because of my mental illnesses. I regret it but that's just me being selfish.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I've been engaged for 3 years, living together, might as well be married, but neither of us can be bothered with the formalities.
As for how it's affected it, realistically, I couldn't have gotten luckier. My s/o tries so hard every day to make things easier and more comfortable for me. He doesn't understand the depth of my issues, but I think he's accepted that it's something he can't understand and thus can't tell me how to cope with, so instead he just looks after me.
And yet I still wanna ctb, and I feel immensely guilty.

aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
I've never been married or in a relationship, I think I'm not made for this and I've never met someone with whom I would wish to spend a part of my life. It has definitely a lot to do with my mental state though. I have no problems with having sexual partners but nothing more.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Why you no include divorced? I feel excluded and butthurt. :pfff:

yeah me no include divorced. too bad I can't add more options. I could have added common law as well.

Note to self: when rolling out polls hide it from GPE :blarg:
I've never been married or in a relationship, I think I'm not made for this and I've never met someone with whom I would wish to spend a part of my life. It has definitely a lot to do with my mental state though. I have no problems with having sexual partners but nothing more.

Marriage isn't for everyone and that's ok. I've been wondering whether marriage was the right decision but since I've been married for long time and I see CTB in the horizon, I can't be bother with all the drama that comes along with a divorce. I mean I love my wife but sometimes I can't help wonder if I'm better off being single. I sound like a piece of shit husband right about now so I'll end it here. :meh:

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
yeah me no include divorced. too bad I can't add more options. I could have added common law as well.

Note to self: when rolling out polls hide it from GPE :blarg:

I was just teasing! I wasn't even suicidal when I was married. I just wanted an excuse to say "I feel excluded and butthurt."

• Hugs
Reactions: Donk and Ghost2211
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm divorced, we were together for 12 years. My ex husband always supported me, went with me to appointments with my psychiatrist if needed, and took a lot of shit from me.

We separated because I couldn't get over the fact that he was on sex chat sites , the first years of our relationship ( found that out by accident) I still loved him, but the trust was gone.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
I mean, mental illness never helps a relationship, does it?

That said, my marriage is actually pretty good for the most part. Like any long-term relationship, it ebbs and flows, but we both try to put the other's needs before our own, which means we do take care of each other. I have been hiding a lot of my not-so-great thoughts lately, though, because he was struggling with it. The pandemic is just really hard, and I don't want to make it harder on him. It's probably part of why I started posting here, I guess, instead of just lurking -- so I had a different valve to loosen when I needed to let off steam.

That said, the dog broke one of my toes this afternoon (I'll spare you the details of how it happened), and I lost my fucking shit when it happened. Just started screaming about how I want to be alone and everything is terrible and I'm sick of doing everything for everyone and if he dared come near me I was going to explode (as if I wasn't). Real classy stuff. But, he's sitting across the room from me now, not holding a grudge, so...

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I was ok during marriage. Booze masked the pain. Suicidal thoughts came after everything got taken away. Kids, money, house, career, life.

Sorry but if any pro lifer had all of the above taken from them, they would CTB too

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I was married for 13 years but I'm currently divorced. She knew about my chronic depression but was mostly unsupportive. I kept it to myself as best as I could. You get used to having to hide your feelings.