• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
A little bit of venting and maybe a little advice if you've got it.....

I love my husband and I do want to be with him, but forever scares me. I'm 21. lets say I don't commit suicide or die in a car accident or get deathly ill. Let's say I do live until I die. That's A LOT of time and that really scares me. Anything can happen in all of that time. Idk how people do it. Do they not realize the years and years and years of unknown ahead of them?? Hell (as far as I'm concerned) death is less unknown then this!!!!

(the last statement was made in my own beliefs so please don't argue with me about it thinking it will somehow help.)

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I've been married for 10 years. at the risk of sounding cliche, live life one day at a time. It's gonna drive you crazy if you are constantly thinking about what the future might have in store for you and your husband. I've never worried about my marriage and the past 10 years has gone by just like that. Especially when you have children. wish you all the best!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I've been married for 10 years. at the risk of sounding cliche, live life one day at a time. It's gonna drive you crazy if you are constantly thinking about what the future might have in store for you and your husband. I've never worried about my marriage and the past 10 years has gone by just like that. Especially when you have children. wish you all the best!
I figured that was gonna be the best advice I could get but I'm hopeful maybe there's something. Although yeah I get that, were coming up on our second year (depressed me said fuck it and let's get married around this time a few years ago. I love him and I don't regret the relationship in general but the way I've gone about moving things along might not have been the healthiest way to do it, which isn't helping)

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I think it's normal to be paranoid about this IMO. You never really know what gonna happen in the future afterall. But what matters now is that you're spending it with your loved one. I know you cant help but get worried but all that time could be used enjoying your time with him now.

I think it'll be beneficial to confide with your husband regarding this. I'm pretty sure he has his worries regarding the future. A heart to heart talk never hurts.
(I just realized i wrote the same advice as above lol.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I think it's normal to be paranoid about this IMO. You never really know what gonna happen in the future afterall. But what matters now is that you're spending it with your loved one. I know you cant help but get worried but all that time could be used enjoying your time with him now.

I think it'll be beneficial to confide with your husband regarding this. I'm pretty sure he has his worries regarding the future. A heart to heart talk never hurts.
(I just realized i wrote the same advice as above lol.)
:hug: it's ok. You have different wording so it's not exactly that same.

Yeah he and I talk. I'll probably mention this too him later

Last edited:
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I figured that was gonna be the best advice I could get but I'm hopeful maybe there's something. Although yeah I get that, were coming up on our second year (depressed me said fuck it and let's get married around this time a few years ago. I love him and I don't regret the relationship in general but the way I've gone about moving things along might not have been the healthiest way to do it, which isn't helping)

I'll be lying if I said depression hasn't affected my marriage. Depression makes everything worst and I don't have the energy to put in the effort to keep the spark going. I'm pretty sure my wife would have dumped my ass if her and I were still dating. :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
A little bit of venting and maybe a little advice if you've got it.....

I love my husband and I do want to be with him, but forever scares me. I'm 21. lets say I don't commit suicide or die in a car accident or get deathly ill. Let's say I do live until I die. That's A LOT of time and that really scares me. Anything can happen in all of that time. Idk how people do it. Do they not realize the years and years and years of unknown ahead of them?? Hell (as far as I'm concerned) death is less unknown then this!!!!

(the last statement was made in my own beliefs so please don't argue with me about it thinking it will somehow help.)
You're pretty young you'll see that time goes by faster each year. It's not as much time as you think, you'll blink and be 30. Nothing lasts forever either so don't worry about that. Just enjoy the time you have together.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465