Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I watched a scene on Encanto. Where Maribel stands up to Abuela after experiencing the verbal abuse. How she was willing to confidently be the scapegoat in that moment

I think of how I choose to walk on eggshells around my family. I strategically avoid my brother, I try to be on good terms with my father, etc. Avoid the necessary topics that will cause issues and make the the outcast, etc. I survive, and just try to get by

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I watched a scene on Encanto. Where Maribel stands up to Abuela after experiencing the verbal abuse. How she was willing to confidently be the scapegoat in that moment

I think of how I choose to walk on eggshells around my family. I strategically avoid my brother, I try to be on good terms with my father, etc. Avoid the necessary topics that will cause issues and make the the outcast, etc. I survive, and just try to get by
I used to do a similar thing. I don't think it's weak at all. You do what you must to survive and currently that is this approach.
You don't have to save the planet to be a hero. Most important is that you think about yourself.
If you wanna talk, i'd love to talk with you.