T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Hi. I am not trying to be prolifer but would like to know your opinion about his

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
What's prolife about it? Talking about suicide openly is literally what this forum does and almost no other place on the net does not.

Would be nice if we could openly talk about male suicide. Female suicide, too - fuck stereotypes that it's attention-seeking behavior. Would help if people with mental health issues werent' blamed for having issues too, I guess. Also would be doubly nice if I could just go to somewhere with empathetic people and work with their help to build a life that's not a fucking mess, instead of being brainwashed for my money or pumped with pills based on false premises.

• Love
Reactions: Bct, Brokenwithbpd, stillweary and 3 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I think it's a sincere talk, and maybe how men are supposed to act in society's eyes does contribute to their behaviour, though I feel I'm a bit over the hill to heed any message of change from this idea. I'm not that pliable when it comes to dramatic societal change. Maybe if I was younger I'd feel differently.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I don't see anything pro-life about this video and I watched the entire thing. It's true. Most people see men as strong-willed and they don't always have to be strong. This brings awareness and attention to the fact that men are just as vulnerable to suicidal thoughts as women, in fact more. Men have mental health and they have feelings too. Why some people don't understand that, I'm not sure.

And just a side note, men and women included, I'm sick of people having to hide their suicidal thoughts because it is seen as abnormal. People feel this urge to "take cover". There's nothing abnormal about these thoughts.

Edit: sorry for the short rant.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Baguette, Bct, puppy9 and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Sorry. I say that because maybe someone interpret this as a suicide prevention.

• Hugs
Reactions: Despondent
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Suicide prevention is a good thing though? If it isn't done "at all costs", prolonging others' suffering and ignoring their will, what's wrong about it?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, puppy9, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
She's hot.

• Love
Reactions: kovkay, Bct, SpottedPanda and 3 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I shared this video once on my Twitter feed, a friend who hadn't been in a contact for a long time commented I shouldn't saw the video (pretty sure he didn't see it at all) because I'll be triggered, SMH. :meh: I won't be triggered by things that mention suicide, especially if it's about why people should be able to talk about suicide openly.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I shared this video once on my Twitter feed, a friend who hadn't been in a contact for a long time commented I shouldn't saw the video (pretty sure he didn't see it at all) because I'll be triggered, SMH. :meh: I won't be triggered by things that mention suicide, especially if it's about why people should be able to talk about suicide openly.
I just try to stay away from the use of the word triggered and people that use that word it's very triggering for me

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I don't care to watch a video about insecure boys taking their lives. I know my suicide would be justified because Im living with a debilitating condtion. If you're not strong enough mentally to make it through life, then you just weren't made for it, pure and simple.

H

Heavy

Student
Jun 20, 2020
This video makes me sick to my stomach. Shes absoluletley horrific.

God, fuck this woman :D