Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Its takes more effort for me to be present than it does to daydream.

I've been trying to shape up my life a lil and not rely on such an empty aspect but...
Eh.

Its nice to be in the present and stuff but it doesn't last and also I realize all the time how severe the daily feelings that I have are and why im so far in my head.

These days I feel very meh. The daydreaming is more of a choice and takes effort as well. Otherwise my general state is p. Empty.

I had been trying to figure out what things I can do about it but just looking over my diary entries from last week alone tells me enough.

this is a long-term struggle that I'm not really into.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue, AutumnEmbers, MiserableBastard1995 and 5 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I used to disappear into fantasies whenever I got the chance, spend hours in them sometimes. But I can't do it anymore - something in me now forces me back to reality after a minute or two max or I can't even get started.

So I'd say enjoy it whilst it lasts and you can still get some respite from reality.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, CC123, Weary Soul and 2 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I can appreciate how you're feeling OP, dissociation has been a "helpful" tool when I feel emotionally overwhelmed.

Lately, I have a lot on my mind, so I find I will fall in & out of a dissociative state. While I'm in it, it does offer a respite for a while, though I do agree with @do not conform , sometimes when I really need it, it just out of reach.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, AprilsBlessings, Weary Soul and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I have a massive daydreaming problem. It's one of my worst barriers for doing work and stuff, I can spend hours at a time being virtually absent mentally and not caring about it, and it takes serious effort for me to focus on the world around me rather than what is in my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and MrBlue
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Daydreaming is the only thing keeping me alive at this point. At my worst I'd disappear into my own head for literally days at a time without eating/drinking because my brain couldn't handle how shitty I felt.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and DominusWreck
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
Yeah, same. I kick myself out of this state forcefully sometimes just to feel the reality
But it does not last long and the characters that I invented in my head are creeping back slowly .

These are my friends and people I love...
Pathetic as it sounds, but if it was t for them, I'd be done long time ago

But the flip side of a coin is that daydreaming feels much better than anything else so I daydream instead of doing something productive with ruins my life and makes me daydream even more

...life sucks

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and MrBlue